Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rhodes will be happy!!!

From the Harrow Observer

Edgware 0 Waltham Forest 0

THE Stags of Waltham Forest very nearly caused an upset at the White Lion Ground on Saturday as yet again Edgware wasted chances and were made to settle for a share of the spoils, the Wares' 14th draw of the campaign.

The Stags were left to rue missing a 55th minute penalty, given for handball. Gazmond Dauti's shot was pushed aside by Rob Blackburne to deny what would have been a vital first win of 2008 for lowly Forest.

Edgware were disappointing in the extreme, as what chances that were created through an inept midfield were wasted by Adam Wallace, Greg Ngoyi and substitute Kevin Chakaodza.

Rather then tire in the latter stages of the match, the Stags kept up the pressure on the home side.

Two of their six new signings, Lee Scott and ex Edgware forward Johnathan Donoughue, both acquired from Spartan League side Kentish Town, were a constant threat to Rory Smith and his defence, as the Wares repelled the Stags attacks.

But for wasteful finishing, Edgware could have grabbed all three points late on as substitute Fabio Valenti sent in several good balls, which Wallace and Chakaodza failed to capitalise on.

Having dropped points at Tilbury last week, this result will do little to solidify Edgware's hopes of opening daylight between themselves and the other play off contenders.

Waltham Forest will be the happier of the two sides as Edgware recorded a 14th league draw, seven of which have been scoreless.

Gussy - Thanks for posting that but it goes without saying.

One correction in the report though if I may, Lee Scott and Jonathan Donoghue haven't signed for Waltham Forest!

Forgive Rhodes - this will be the first time that a higher league side have poached players from his (second choice) club.

Originally Posted By: Gussy
1 question though, if they haven't signed for them how could they play???

I understand that they just fancied a game of football last Saturday, following an illegal approach from Waltham Forest, because we (Kentish Town) didn't have a game. They naively signed on the dotted line of a Ryman League registration form when it was put under their nose and, again naively, didn't think to tell the Club until Friday night when Jonathan happened to mention it to 'the great one' in passing. 'The great one' then went to the game the following day to find out what was going on and confronted Ged, all he could say in his defence was that he didn't want it all hitting the fan on the Fans Focus Website.

Football Man - That is the true version of events. What I can't fathom out is why Waltham Forest feel they need all these players to avoid relegation as Ilford and Wivenhoe Town are already relegated, I assume only two go down.

Kentish Town - I think Lee can easily hold out for the likes of Leyton Orient, Barnet, Brentford or Dagenham and Redbridge but he doesn't drive which is a problem for him, he knows that we will pick him up for a game at the end of the earth if need be which is one of the reasons he's more than happy to stay to give him a lie in on Saturdays and then getting up to watch Football Focus.

Rhodes. When you say 'we will pick him up for a game at the end of the earth if need be', you are of course not meaning 'we' as in Rhodes himself (unless you accompany him on a London transportation vehicle). You do mean someone else picks him up I assume? So why try to take the credit for something of which you are incapable of helping with.

Try to be clearer and more honest in what you post please.

Originally Posted By: Wader
I see, very interesting. Is that why he's at level 6 now?

Ouch!!

But the level you play at doesn't determine your skill level ... i've been told i have the touch of a genius but the dedication of errrrr someone who's not very errr dedicated smile

Originally Posted By: Wader
Rhodes When you say 'we will pick him up for a game at the end of the earth if need be', you are of course not meaning 'we' as in Rhodes himself (unless you accompany him on a London transportation vehicle). You do mean someone else picks him up I assume? So why try to take the credit for something of which you are incapable of helping with. Try to be clearer and more honest in what you post please

Wader - I wondered when you would enter the fray again as you've been conspicuous by your absence of late. No, as everyone knows, I don't drive but obviously mean 'we' as in the Club, we have a 'one for all all for one' Three Musketeers approach at Kentish Town so why would I try to take the credit unlike someone else I could mention.

He's had problems in his life just like me and everone else who's from Kentish Town but we're still playing football,its been hard trying to concentrate on just football when murders every day are going on around us,i would like to see how your players could handle it.

Dont try and take it away from us we are trying our best.

Originally Posted By: Gussy

Ouch!!

But the level you play at doesn't determine your skill level ... i've been told i have the touch of a genius but the dedication of errrrr someone who's not very errr dedicated smile

Little upsets and annoys me more than players who waste their talent because they prefer booze, biryani's and burglary to fitness and honest dedication.