Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rhodes will be happy!!!

I meant their less liberal approach to punishing crime etc. Not that I advocate a change in that direction.

Let the police clip kids round the ear for cycling on the pavement? (happened to me). busted

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Ban shows like bleedin Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle for a start! boxing

Isn't that after the horse has bolted though

Maybe something a bit inbetween then wink Like Wader says, it's the mambypambying and acceptance of bad behaviour that has escalated the decline. Ban shows like bleedin Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle for a start! boxing

I also think Premiership footballers are part to blame as well. I mean what kind of role models are we turning out these days?

Take today's Cup Final for example. Wembley should be renamed Alice Band City. Total embarrasment on the headgear front all round. Apparantly the silly padded helmet was only worn as well because he's 'got to like it'! And there names these days, all very poofy. Footballers should be named Fred, Alf or Bill.

Maybe something a bit inbetween then wink Like Wader says, it's the mambypambying and acceptance of bad behaviour that has escalated the decline. Ban shows like bleedin Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle for a start! boxing

I also think Premiership footballers are part to blame as well. I mean what kind of role models are we turning out these days?

Take today's Cup Final for example. Wembley should be renamed Alice Band City. Total embarrasment on the headgear front all round. Add that silly padded helmet as well which apparantly was only worn because he's 'got to like it'! And their names these days, all very poofy. Footballers should be named Fred, Alf or Bill grin

Wader - I have to agree with you for once although we were brought up the old school way watching the likes of Ron Harris, Tommy Smith, Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Norman Hunter, Peter Storey, Billy Bonds and Nobby Stiles to name a few, can you imagine one of them wearing an Alice Band.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Wader - I have to agree with you for once although we were brought up the old school way watching the likes of Ron Harris, Tommy Smith, Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Norman Hunter, Peter Storey, Billy Bonds and Nobby Stiles to name a few, can you imagine one of them wearing an Alice Band.

Can you imagine anyone daring to wear an Alice Band playing against them???

I remember Match of The Day highlighting a Norman Hunter tackle on Derby's Archie Gemmell. The TV cameras showed Hunter help him up and pat him on the head, much to the approval of Motty or whoever. What the TV didn't show was Hunter saying under his breath "Next time I'll kill you, you little [****!!****]!"

Horace - Yes I was forgetting that you cut your footballing teeth in the same era albeit a little before me however I remember the 1968/1969 season as if it were yesterday when Derby were promoted from the old second division under Clough and Taylor thanks to the inspired signing of Dave Mackay and then going on to win the championship in 1971/1972. Can you imagine Roy McFarland wearing an Alice Band, Jonathan Woodgate style.