Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oh Well, A Draw Would Have Had The Same Effect....

...Cos that's all we really deserved. Aldershot didn't deserve the win, they looked short of ideas. However, so did we, and any attacks we did try and launch weren't supported well enough. Still, the lads have done well this year, and even though I'm talkinh like it is, it's not over until the fat lady sings.

I'm beginning to feel like Del Boy, "Next year Rodders, we'll be Ryman Champions!"

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Remember last season & all the twists and turns as we both stuttered over the final stages. Although it was tighter then, and Aldershot do only need 4 points from 5 games, it would only take a couple of games where Aldershot fail to win for the jitters to start. So keep going and you may still get a chance this year.

Must admit, I really feel for you if you do finish second for the third year running, especially as it looks likely that you will finish some way in front of the 3rd placed team yet again.

Thanks Alan, To be honest we didn't lose it tonight, we lost it in the opening six games when we made an awful start. We've been excellent since about Christmas but before that we were pretty mediocre.

Let's face it, Shots have been top three all season, we only got into the top three in February. We may have played the better football but Shots have had more consistency. Lets be honest if we won the title it would be because they threw it away.

Missing out last season hit us hard. We lost several key players and it took us a couple of months to recover but now we are back and next season will be a force to be reckoned with. In reality we don't want to win promotion to the Conference and then struggle. Promotion came too early for someone like Gravesend perhaps. At the end of the day we need to look at this season and assess what went wrong.

What we must take heart from is the fact that by November we had lost seven games but in April are comfortably in second. I don't think it will be a particularly strong Ryman next season especially if nobody gets relegated from the Conference.

We have a good squad. A couple of additions should perfect it.

I know the best team won on the night and that around December time I would have settled for a top 6 place. I just cannot see why the team did not want it enough !!

I also cannot see why a lot of the regular supporters could see we needed some kind of injection into the squad and brought on Bertie earlier in the game. He always give 110%

some times miss placed but at least when he come on he wanted to play.

Well Done Aldershot, Hope to see you next year in the Conf.

There are some very good views on last nights game posted on this site. I think both Canvey and Aldershot fans would agree that it was probably a fair result and on the whole the atmosphere was fantastic.

I thought Canveys effort and workrate was superb, a real never say die attitude. However the same can be said for Aldershot, they played a perfect away game, defend in numbers break with pace, not pretty but very effective.

I know the seasons not yet finished but it obvious the Shots are up. Any team that can finish above the cuurent Canvey team deserves to go up, so well done Aldershot, good luck next season and here's to playing you again in 2004/2005.

Well they were better than I thought they were going to be. I believed our style of football was something they had not encountered for some while and would cause them a lot of problems. But at the end of the day, their eleven did not stop running, tackling, getting a leg in here, a push there and often what looked like assaults on Minton as he ran through towards their area. Minton spent the latter part of the game jumping up in the air expecting a whack. They won it on shear hard work and did look like they wanted it more. Not sure Harrison’s ploy in the warm up of encroaching into their part of the ground only wound them up more. Thought Bennett had a hard time against the number 9 McLean who out-jumped him on many occasions with quite a height difference. Saying that all the team were unable to shine as they were matched in all areas.