Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KTFC for promotion?

Wader - With respect I can see where Tiger007 was coming from as your post did give the impression you were taking the mickey out of us, this is where you tend to come across as a bit of a know all just because you've allegedly seen it, done it and got the tee shirt and it doesn't do you any favours!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Wader - With respect I can see where Tiger007 was coming from as your post did give the impression you were taking the mickey out of us, this is where you tend to come across as a bit of a know all just because you've allegedly seen it, done it and got the tee shirt and it doesn't do you any favours!

Rhodes, once again you miss the point.
Heres one for you.........
a person has

If you read the post carefully I said "Purely as a foil to your comment about why should you change your name"...

I cast no aspertions and meant the exercise purely as one of re-posing the crucial questions that I am certain your club would have asked already to have arrived at the firm comment "why should we change our name". I take it from the response and the original definite comment that Tiger 007 is The Chairman or the guy who puts his hand in his pocket to fund the setup. He has my admiration.

I couldn't care less whether your club changes its name or not. My questions (and I didn't actually expect a reply) were put with the best intentions and if it was taken as 'know it all' then I humbly apologise for stating simply what I thought as being the bleedin' obvious.

It didn't bring forth a serious reply and why should it? It's a forum for discussion but clearly in retrospect not a place to openly debate intricate club matters. I once again apologise for apparantly getting my point over as you describe. It was not meant that way, but I should have known better especially where you are concerned Rhodes.

Oh, and there's no allegedly about you Rhodes with the greatest of respect - You haven't seen it, haven't done it and certainly haven't got the tee shirt. And it doesn't do you any favours when you spout forth as if you have!

Wader - Once again with all due respect that will hopefully teach you a valuable lesson not to put your twopennysworth in when it isn't called for. I know you mean well and your heart is in the right place but comments like the ones you made, and which resulted in Tiger007's immediate response, are uncalled for and only succeed in getting backs up and ruffling feathers un-necessarily.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Well done to Haringey on securing promotion

Yes I echo that, at one point I didn't think 'we' were going to do it. Did anyone think at the start of the season that Kentish Town and Haringey Borough would both be promoted.

TheSpursFan - You haven't posted much recently, I have missed your support of late although I have managed to keep Football Man at bay by threatening to expose his activities at Ilford.

Yes it has been a rollercoaster ride for us this season of Blackpool, Southend and Margate sea front put together and as you rightly say it is a story of Hans Christian Andersen proportions that we have won the championship although it was just a formality when Lee Scott returned to the fold, prodigal son style, in October.

i am very grateful Rhodes that you have bought KTFC to a wider audience, and I have been able to feel involved at arms length especially since the players have been contributing.

I hope some of the lads who first played together as kids can continue to progress together at the club.

Loyal players, knowledgable coaches, and hard working enthusiastic officials have brought success.

There is a sense of triumph over adversity,clear cameraderie and beyond the enjoyable hyperbole, some real talent.

Bl00dy well done all of you!

The word 'hyperbole' has been used on a number of occasions this season, in particular by Lato, however I have put my money where my mouth is all season and one only needs to look at the SSML Division 1 league table this evening. If we were an Amersham Town, an Arlesey Athletic or a Buckingham Athletic then you would be justified in using the 'h' word but we're Kentish Town, in true Millwall style no one seems to like us but we don't care!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Well done to Haringey on securing promotion

Yes I echo that, at one point I didn't think 'we' were going to do it. Did anyone think at the start of the season that Kentish Town and Haringey Borough would both be promoted.

Of course you do, everyone on here believes you, problem is you just can't bring yourself to say it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sleep well last night?