Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KTFC for promotion?

Rhodes I just wanted to mention I played for a couple of seasons for the original Kentish Town that played in the London Commercial league in the 70's and 80's. It was made up of alot of ex semi pro's from the area and managed, when I played, by Jim 'Jock' McGleish (Dad of Scott ..playing for Wycombe now?)

Local legends such as Johnny Bishop (ex Enfield) and Patsy Lakey (ex Wembley) were a couple of the players I remember having the privilige of playing alongside along with Paul Currie (Dad of Darren & Tonys brother)

The connection was Wembley FC where we had a big Nth. London contingent brought in by Manager Alan Dafforn. Sorry for the boring memories but I met an old mate and team-mate at KTFC Micky Byron watching his son play for Amersham against Buck. Ath. on Wed night.

Has this new KTFC any connections with the old one?

ICU Jimmy - I'm actually the wrong person to ask as I've only been with Kentish Town for a couple of seasons, you are better off asking Tiger007 who would definitely know, thanks for mentioning it though. Personally I don't believe that the old Kentish Town have any connection whatsoever with the new one but I have been known to be wrong.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
ICU Jimmy - I'm actually the wrong person to ask ... I have been known to be wrong.

Surely not?

Too put things right jimmy, this present KTFC has no ties with the old, even though ive met some players that have played for the old KTFC, but we are the new era, and trying to raise the image of the area, which does have many good points but also many bad.

Many ppl have asked me in the past on why we havnt changed our name to something differet, but why should we. We originated from kentish and a majority of our players are still sourced from the area, And will continue to be linked with the area for many yrs to come.

Originally Posted By: TommyK
Rhodes have you been told about the KTFC party on the 17th May

No I'm usually the last person to hear about things for some reason, where is it being held

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Many ppl have asked me in the past on why we havnt changed our name to something differet, but why should we. We originated from kentish and a majority of our players are still sourced from the area, And will continue to be linked with the area for many yrs to come.

Purely as a foil to your comment about why should you change your name, can I put the following questions?

1) Do you play there?
2) Realistically will you ever play there?
3) Where do you play at present?
4) Where are you likely to play in the medium/long term?
5) Where do you expect people/business who may want to give your club money for sponsorship to come from?
6) Are you out to forge links local to where you play?
7) How ambitious are you as a club on the pitch?
OR B) As a Social Club?
8) If you were in, say the Ryman Premier, how many players from the area of Kentish Town would realistically play for you at any one time?
9) For a club that's done well for itself with a very very short history, how important is that history on a scale of 100 years?
10) Do you agree that club administrators/committee/chairmen are purely guardians of that club for a snapshot in time. But ones that crucially hold the potential future of that club in the decisions they make whilst guardians?

Rhodes its on the 17th of may at a pub where i live in Gospel Oak

called The Old Oak pub opposite Gospel Oak train station.

Wader thats why we never really have any fans because we play nowhere near Kentish Town and there is no chance of us ever playing there as there's no Grass available or space.

Dear Wader,

What are u on about, you know dam well that we dont play in Kentish Town but do the ARSENAL play in arsenal.

will they ever play at the arsenal

In the borough of barnet as you well know

who knows wader if mars ever becomes available it could well be an option, wouldnt like to be the away team lol

from the camden and islington area

of course we will, we want ppl in the area to be involved also

kENTISH Town has always been an ambitious club and if we are still running long after im gone we will be playing football at a very high level, or nothing at all

camden and islington has a huge amount of talent and the team would be made up of a majority of playrers from the camden and islington area, its club policy and that wont change

i dont look that far forward wader history for me is what we achieved this year and the year before.

of course what today committee does affects the future of this club, but up to now we have been lucky that the committee has had the same vision and by the time that this present committee has gone the club will be left in a very good footing and hopefully some of the original team will take this club to where it should be

and to answer all your questions very quickly...............no comment.................just wtch this space.

hopefully u r now satisfied with my answers lol hehehehehehe

have a nice day wader

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
camden and islington has a huge amount of talent and the team would be made up of a majority of playrers from the camden and islington area, its club policy and that wont change

Are you looking for players with SSML Prem experience in the Islington area then?

Tiger I'm glad the name continues whether you play in the area or not. Too many clubs are dissapearing or amalgamating and we are losing too many established teams named after an area. I played for Hounslow, Yeading and Ruislip Manor and all 3 will soon be gone if Wealdstone move in. I'll just have to tell my grandchildren my only fotbaaling legacy is that I spoke to Rhodes on a forum once.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Are you looking for players with SSML Prem experience in the Islington area then?

As long as you don't mind playing Reserve Team football next season you could be heaven made, we'll talk about it and get back to you.

I posed a simple set of questions based on the criteria of those that would be asked for any business model.

If you think it was just a joke or a wind up Tiger007 then that's fine and good luck with it all.

Look forward to seeing you all next season and can't wait to sample the 'banquet fit for kings' at Barnet Copthall. Please don't forget to introduce yourselves so a face can be put to forum names.

Well done again on your promotion.