Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

latest score

townerboy

Redbridge looked the business we sadly didn't in defence.

Good goal from David Bastian in the 90th minute, good attempt in the first half from Steve Velandia.

Not the glorious send off for Jim we all hoped for. No sendings off either. Depends on who you talked to as to how many bookings there were.

Totally unacceptable display by the players today. A final slap in the face to their former manager.I shouted out today: 'Who's going to score their last ever goal for the Town',and i wasn't joking.I wouldn't give a monkeys if most of those out there today never played for us again.In fact,there are half a dozen that i HOPE don't feature on the team sheet again.

Giving 100% but getting beaten by a better team we can all accept,but to give less than full effort,sulking,putting in dangerous challenges,diving,moaning...etc will NEVER be acceptable,and especially not in Jim and Peters last ever game. mad

These players have slowly but surely drained the fight and enthusiasm out of the club and its supporters.

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/

Full list of today's results

3 0 AFC Sudbury v Brentwood Town

1 1 Aveley v Ware

1 0 Dartford v Waltham Forest

1 0 Edgware Town v Arlesey Town

1 4 Enfield Town v Redbridge

2 0 Great Wakering Rovers v Tilbury

1 3 Ilford v Canvey Island

4 2 Maldon Town v Wivenhoe Town

0 2 Potters Bar Town v Bury Town

0 1 Wingate & Finchley v Northwood

2 1 Witham Town v Waltham Abbey

chat

League positions as of today

P W D L F A D Pts

Dartford 33 22 6 5 91 35 +56 72

AFC Sudbury 32 20 7 5 77 28 +49 67

Ware 31 18 8 5 83 45 +38 62

Canvey Island 31 17 8 6 64 33 +31 59

Edgware Town 33 15 14 4 39 22 +17 59

Redbridge 32 17 8 7 54 35 +19 58

Maldon Town 33 16 8 9 60 46 +14 56

Bury Town 31 15 8 8 54 38 +16 53

Brentwood Town 31 14 9 8 52 40 +12 51

Enfield Town 33 15 6 12 53 51 + 2 51

Aveley 33 13 10 10 46 55 - 9 49

Great Wakering Rovers 33 12 8 13 51 45 + 6 44

Northwood 31 11 10 10 51 50 + 1 43

Arlesey Town 32 10 9 13 51 57 - 6 39

Witham Town 31 10 4 17 55 78 -23 34

Waltham Abbey 30 8 7 15 30 60 -30 31

Wingate & Finchley 31 7 8 16 36 53 -17 29

Potters Bar Town 33 8 5 20 36 65 -29 29

Waltham Forest 32 5 11 16 33 55 -22 26

Tilbury 31 4 10 17 37 68 -31 22

Wivenhoe Town 32 5 3 24 33 72 -39 18

Ilford 33 3 5 25 30 85 -55 14

We are now tenth.

chat

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Totally unacceptable display by the players today. A final slap in the face to their former manager.I shouted out today: 'Who's going to score their last ever goal for the Town',and i wasn't joking.I wouldn't give monkeys if most of those out there today never played for us again.In fact,there are half a dozen that i HOPE don't feature on the team sheet again.

Giving 100% but getting beaten by a better team we can all accept,but to give less than full effort,sulking,putting dangerous challenges in,diving,moaning...etc will NEVER be acceptable,and especially not in Jim and Peters last ever game. mad

These players have slowly but surely drained the fight and enthusiasm out of the club and its supporters.

I actually thought they tried much harder today than last week @ Wivenhoe but Redbridge were fitter and faster. I was shocked to see the new "slimline" Kevin Stephens, as an example. He had lost pounds and looked the business. At one point he was 5 yards behind Bryan Hammatt and didn't just catch him up he got the ball beautifully.

Shame Darren Annon never came on we had the old chant ready!

Were the Redbridge players really fitter and faster(and had Kevin really lost weight) OR was it just the case that their players gave the illusion of being fitter and faster simply because they wanted the ball far more,had more passion and pride, and played more as a unit.

I saw plenty of Town players out their today who looked like they didn't care if Town won or lost.All of the Redbridge players want to win and were prepared to work their socks of to achieve that.

Lets get 5 players in from the U18's for the next game, and lets drop the five worst culprits from today display.At least the youngsters will show enthusiasm and spirit.We need to know how many of them (if any) are ready to step up for next season.we should use the rest of the season to find out.

I see Dave Mcdonald was there watching today.Obviously sniiffing around in the hope of a management job.

Only managed to catch the second half but a shocking performance today, one of the worst this season. Clear lack of passion and drive in the squad. We were second to every ball and didn't look like there was any urgency to our play.

Selection choice has to be questioned again, what happened to the so called introduction of the youngsters who where once again lefted to keep the bench warm.

Have to say that Bryan Hammatt doesn't cut it as a striker, he plays much better in the holding role behind the front two, driving foward and supplying balls through.

Also the triple sub in the second half hindered us, Bastian who got injuried couldn't barely walk at one point let alone run, but he score a super goal.

I wouldn't mention the officals who performance was disappointing, 'nuff said.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Totally unacceptable display by the players today. A final slap in the face to their former manager.I shouted out today: 'Who's going to score their last ever goal for the Town',and i wasn't joking.I wouldn't give a monkeys if most of those out there today never played for us again.In fact,there are half a dozen that i HOPE don't feature on the team sheet again.

Giving 100% but getting beaten by a better team we can all accept,but to give less than full effort,sulking,putting in dangerous challenges,diving,moaning...etc will NEVER be acceptable,and especially not in Jim and Peters last ever game. mad

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.. smile

From Town website "On a personal note, I don't think hurling personal abuse at our players during and after the game was either clever or very bright. Yes, we were all very disappointed with the result and the way the goals were gifted to Redbridge but that isn't the way to go about things. No doubt those of you who did it will feel really brave having hidden in the crowd and made sure there was a fence between you and the players in question. I also have no doubt that someone will complain on the forum about the fact I have put this on the official club web site but that's tough. You know who I am so I am not hiding. The only reason I am not telling people to their faces is I didn't see who they were."

Not wishing either to associate with the personal abuse of players that DID take place but pot's and kettles come to mind. There are some occasions this season that others may have felt your berating the referees unhelpful to our cause even with photographic evidence to prove the man in the middle or his assistants had made an error of judgement!

People come along and they pay to be entertained. Some walk out quietly early, some shout abuse at players and officials and some are thrown out for going too far.

I was verbally abused by a Town fan - that is life.

Where did this abuse come from? knowing you stand on the 18 yard line, from where I stood behind the goal all I heard was frustrating groans & genuine banter as in the chants of "score in a brothel, we couldnt score in a brothel" & "Hullbridge here we come" now if anyone finds that offensive you shouldnt be at a football match.

As for abuse, when it comes to referee's, opposition players, & dugouts there are those who are in an embarrasing league of their own, as recently proved at Bury Town!!

there w2asn't any personal abuse hurled at the players. However, there was plenty of criticism thrown at them. Boy, did they deserve it.

As I have written before, the official website is NOT the place for personal views being aired. Particularly when they come from a small minded individual who screams more abuse and bad language from the sidelines than even Pete Hammett!! Time for the Chuckle brother to quieten down methinks!