Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Surrey League Update

For anyone who is interested, this is the latest press release issued by the Working Party involved with the introduction of the new Surrey Elite League.

PRESS RELEASE

Surrey Elite Intermediate League – Further Details

The new Surrey Elite Intermediate League which will bridge the gap between the two Intermediate Leagues in Surrey and the Combined Counties League is well on course to commence next season.

The new League has been approved by the National Leagues Committee of the Football Association with the majority of the clubs to be drawn from the existing Intermediate Leagues (so long as they finish in the top six) plus any who drop down from Division One of the Combined Counties League. Applications from clubs outside the Surrey boundary and from other leagues will also be considered on their merits.

It is expected that the new League initially will have between 14-16 clubs. There will not be a reserve section but reserve teams will be catered for in one of the existing leagues.

To enter the new League, clubs will need certain facilities, such as a clubhouse, a railed or at least, a roped off pitch, trainers’ boxes and separate dressing rooms for each team. If the Club can provide some cover and/or some hard standing around the pitch, so much the better but this will not be compulsory.

There have been plenty of enquiries about the new League but clubs now ready to make a firm application should contact the Secretary* for an application form.

*Mr. Gordon Worsfold, 41 Ballards Way, South Croydon, Surrey CR2 7JP,

Tel: 020 8651 0856 Fax 020 8240 7401

Email: gensec.ssec@btinternet.com

Once a club has made an application and paid their fees of £200 (inclusive of both application and inspection) arrangements will be made for the ground to be inspected.

Final decisions as to membership will be made at the League’s inaugural AGM, which will take place on Monday 23 June 2008.

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31 MARCH 2008

(any applications received after this date will only be accepted at the discretion of the Working Party)

I was talking to a very senior League Official at Meadowbank last night, and he's just as much in the dark as everyone else !

Originally Posted By: Teflon
If I do are you gonna stand over the road and protect my car bigshock

You don't get the standard ov sekurity there like wot you do at Mill Lane, Teffers !

Chelski on the box for me tonite !

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Originally Posted By: Teflon
If I do are you gonna stand over the road and protect my car bigshock

You don't get the standard ov sekurity there like wot you do at Mill Lane, Teffers !

Chelski on the box for me tonite !

Blimey, had any break ins lately?

The answer is YES. Very recently.

Not the bar, thankfully, which now has added protection.