Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Err, Have I missed something ?

OldTowner

Apparently they are organising a meeting to discuss when to have a meeting to decide on the rest of the season. Once that meeting has taken place the board will then defer to the inner circle who will have a meeting about who to appoint to decide on managment for the rest of the season. bigshock

So, don't worry, all will become clear in the very near future. We just need to have a meeting to discuss at what point in the very near future we want an answer. Maybe we'll have to form a sub-committee to decide!! giveup

I think what we should not lose focus on is that there is no real need to rush an appointment.

Firstly, Town are not going to get relegated so finishing sixth or sixth from bottom is irrelevant.

Secondly, Town still have two talented team managers in Stuart Margolis (who will be in the dressing room for the Ware game) and Mike Smee who oversaw Tuesday's match .

Clearly, given some fans love hate relationship with the previous management those who will make the apponitment need to take all factors into consideration.

Any views on "mothballing" results for a couple of seasons in favour of bringing through the U18 and U16 players thus saving the club a fortune in wages and or fines and making most of the capital expenditure off the pitch, QE stadium, BSSC ? . I don't think the club are ready for another promotion either on or off the field, a lesson perhaps painfully learnt at Cheshunt?

Originally Posted By: Dr Clap MD
I think what we should not lose focus on is that there is no real need to rush an appointment.

Firstly, Town are not going to get relegated so finishing sixth or sixth from bottom is irrelevant.

Secondly, Town still have two talented team managers in Stuart Margolis (who will be in the dressing room for the Ware game) and Mike Smee who oversaw Tuesday's match .

Clearly, given some fans love hate relationship with the previous management those who will make the apponitment need to take all factors into consideration.

Any views on "mothballing" results for a couple of seasons in favour of bringing through the U18 and U16 players thus saving the club a fortune in wages and or fines and making most of the capital expenditure off the pitch, QE stadium, BSSC ? . I don't think the club are ready for another promotion either on or off the field, a lesson perhaps painfully learnt at Cheshunt?

except 6 straight wins or lossess would have a major impact on gates and therefore income, not only for this seasonbut next. AND what players want to play for a team that just avoids relegation. get real Dr clap trap

I'm not known for defending the Board (according to them) but I think to allow them time is no bad thing especially as we have deliberately made it available. If they move too quickly and make a mistake you will moan (and maybe I will too). If they move too slowly and miss a gifthorse chance then we will all moan again! They know how important it is they get their selection right so let them do the one job we all care they get right first time. In the mean time it gives Stuart and Mike a chance to impress the board and us.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward.

People will always turn up to see a succesful side (afterall look how many Gooner & Chelski "supporters" there are around). Real fans will always turn up to watch their team through thick and thin.

The problem Town face is getting new support, if they go up and stay up it should take care of itself. If they go up, go bust or worse, game over, that's why the decisions facing the club now are paramount to the future both on and off the field.It must be right to allow the Board as much time as they need to implement a joined up strategey, which might not necessarily include a side challenging for promotion next season.

What happens if Stuart & Mike put the Charity Cup on the end of season table?

I also can not see the point in rushing to get a new Management Team in straight away. We won't be relegated, so why not let Mike & Stuart see out the rest of this Season, as Donk says if the Board make a Mistake..... woah, I don't even want to go there!!!

yay cheerleader greenapple bounce

Hmmm, that very much depends on whether the club regards promotion to the Ryman Premier next season is still the number 1 priority. Remember that this was the top priority as voted for by the fans last year (wrongly IMO).

If we still intend to go all out for promotion, then a prompt appointment - and the right appointment - is a must. The club can then use the remainder of the season to begin the rebuilding process for next term, which might just avoid one of those painful 'bedding in' phases next August which results in poor early results before the new team begins to gel.

If, however, the board has decided that priorities have shifted, then the remainder of the season can be used to have a good look at some of Mike's youngsters - I'd particularly like a look at Fred Dooling, Paul Christodolou and possibly Bill Healey in first team colours. If, however, results remain poor, then the fans have no right to be over-critical.

What happens if Stuart & Mike put the Charity Cup on the end of season table?

Good question. The Board would most certainly have to take the close of season performance under new management into account in their deliberations and that would include any silverware and points gained in the league(IMHO).