Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Woods v Bedfont Report

Woods recorded their highest win in senior football with an amazing 9-1 success over Bedfont at Wibbandune on Wednesday.

However the early exchanges suggested a different outcome as the visitors hustled Woods all over the park and they took a sixth minute lead through a fine strike by Richard Bond. Woods slow start was almost compounded but Tony Oval was alert to deny the Orchardmen. As with recent matches, Woods eventually got a foothold in the game and they equalised through Ryan Hughes on 17 minutes who finished coolly following a fine take and pass from Ramzi Bedj Bedj. Six minutes later and Woods were ahead when in form Mark Longley burst through the Bedfont defence to finish smartly. On 29 minutes it was 3-1 as a dejected back line failed to deal with a Danny Cormack free kick which Ryan Hughes nodded across the goal for Longley to net at ease. Three minutes later, and Daniel Hughes ended a bout of football tennis in the area with a tidy shot into the far corner of the net. Woods were rampant now and Mark Longley scored a fine goal from an acute angle on the right on forty minutes.

The opening fifteen minutes of the second half were fairly even before Woods woke upon the hour to pounce on some poor defending via Longley who seemed to have forever to pick his spot. On 62 minutes, it was 7-1 when substitute Michael Beard drove home a rebound from a Bedj Bedj shot. On 78 minutes, another sub, Ali Melloui tapped home as Bedfont failed to deal with a Woods corner on the right. In the first minute of stoppage time, Longley bagged his fifth goal, and Woods ninth, when he danced along the by-line to score from an almost impossible angle. The referee brought down the curtain a touch early, much to the relief of the visitors who failed to deal with Bedj Bedj and Ryan Hughes in midfield and the obvious man of the match, Longley, not only for his goals but for some classy touches throughout the evening.

(I don't think the watching RPV and Cobham managers were over impressed)!! CC

Just think Guv.......

if you had come on at half time it could have been all different.

The score line could have read.... Woods 18-1 Bedfont wink

Johnno yeeeeaaaahhhh,

thats what they all said, NO of the 12 injured if we of had 6-7 of them there would of been a much closer game, im not saying we would of won, but it wouldnt of been 9, me on my own make a differance , i tell you know it might of been 6 or 7 but not 9.......lol

Originally Posted By: Chris Clapham
Woods recorded their highest win in senior football with an amazing 9-1 success over Bedfont at Wibbandune on Wednesday.

I would have thought that both would have been impressed as Bedfont are above both of them (and us) in the table confused

Originally Posted By: Teflon
Originally Posted By: Chris Clapham

I would have thought that both would have been impressed as Bedfont are above both of them (and us) in the table confused

Think RPV are expecting a backlash and Cobham will have to play well if we play like that again. Wont be easy to repeat it though! We are expecting VERY hard games against the Hammers and Chessington next Wednesday!
That's how this league goes for most teams!