Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ware Latest

It would not be understating it that town looked more like the team in third in the league today. Town were unlucky not to win today. Rudi curling a corner straight in. Ricci smashing a ball into the net. They were clean goals Mr Forrester!

Tickner might have walked for dangerous use of the elbows in first 5 mins.

Finally Velandia cross in Luke Spins on the ball and nails it. Ricci Crace and Luke Marshall were on fire up front. 1- 1 but Town can consider themselves unlucky not to win.

It was a very pleasing performance today by the Town, and one which was thoroughly enjoyable to watch. I did not think I would be able to say that again this season after the Wivenhoe game, but we showed today that there is a lot to be positive about for the future. We were very unlucky not to come away with the 3 points as already mentioned, but today was more about the performance than the result.

The interim management team, as they are being called, have stamped their authority early doors, and are looking to give us as fans the football that we have been crying out for - we played some of the best stuff seen all season in my opinion, especially in the first half, and it was so satisfying to watch - after the lows of the past few weeks I'm sure we will all agree today was a much needed tonic.

They have freshened things up with regards to team selection, and it was great to see a team complete with Robbie, Max, Luke, Glen and Stevie.V - we all know the team has been crying out for young blood for sometime, and I feel that these players are having a positive effect on a few of the older heads already. Most importantly, these youngsters want to play good football and have a lot of ability on the ball - not afraid to keep the ball on the deck, clearly in line with what Stuart and Mike are trying to instill.

Crace - I was probably most pleased with Ricci's fine display today believe it or not. This was the best I have seen him play for along time, and he clearly appears to be enjoying playing alongside the youngsters, and Luke in particular, free of the shackles of Bryan. Good to see him regaining some form, and he clearly still has a lot to give.

Hall - I have been Rudi's biggest critic of late, but today I have to say I thought he put in a decent display, and he seemed to play the game with the right attitude and with a lot more discipline. I thought he may not have a future with the club after the Abbey dismissal, but today is food for thought, good to see - keep it up Rudi.

Tickner - Let's face it, he should have seen red today. The challenge was shocking, and quite embarrassing in truth. Luckily enough for us he didn't. Then again, it wasn't the only decision that the ref got wrong over the 90 minutes was it? It was just a little reminder of the club's problems with discipline, in a game devoid of bad challenges on the whole however. The new management team I'm sure are aware of the improvements needed in this department.

Yellows!! Yellows!!

Originally Posted By: Mini-Smith Towner

Yellows!! Yellows!!

Thank goodness it was only 'yellow'. It should have been red and would have left us facing 84 minutes with 10 men. Embarrasing to say the least and it seems nothing has changed.

Mind you, the rest played well and deserved something out of the game. Good to see LM run around Hammond on more than one occasion with ease! What about Stevie V's 'assist with the outside of his right foot!'