Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Good performance today.

OldTowner

What a good performance from Town today.

All players involved including the subs, did great and were very unlucky not to pick up all 3 points.

Two dissallowed "goals" for very dodgy decisions and a hit on the crossbar, plus the Ware keeper pulled off at least 3 super saves.

The Ware goal was down to some crazy defending from the throw-in, but overall all Town supporters should be very pleased with the effort and performance.

More next week please.

I think the Management Team should stick with the starting eleven from today, assuming all are fit etc.

First Town performance that I have enjoyed for a While.

Yep totally agree Old Towner. It was a little bit disappointing to gift Ware a goal like we did in a game that we deserved to win, but the manner in which we played, and the amount of chances that we created is what should be highlighted.

I personally feel that Harvey has staked as much of a claim as anyone else this season to being our Player of the Season, and it was unfortunate that the one slight mistake he made today led to the goal. Also, was good to see Charlie back in goal, as I'm not a fan of Willis, and do not understand why we signed him.

Originally Posted By: Mini-Smith Towner
Yep totally agree Old Towner. It was a little bit disappointing to gift Ware a goal like we did in a game that we deserved to win, but the manner in which we played, and the amount of chances that we created is what should be highlighted.

I personally feel that Harvey has staked as much of a claim as anyone else this season to being our Player of the Season, and it was unfortunate that the one slight mistake he made today led to the goal. Also, was good to see Charlie back in goal, as I'm not a fan of Willis, and do not understand why we signed him.

What is it and this obsession you have with Glen Harvey?? .Saying that,putting in fairly competent but distinctly lowkey peformances,may well be enough to take the Trophy this year.Whoever does gets 'player of the season' would have had precious little competition.Also a bit rich to nominate a player just after his defensive mistake cost us another couple of points.

And NO ,i can't think who else would be worthy to pick up the award.

In the absence of an outstanding contender.

I am going to make a case for either Steve V or Ozzie. Both players have been left sidelined for long periods but always give 100% when called upon. Their skill level is as good as anyone in this club or league and these are qualities that should be rewarded.

They got precious little encouragement from the former management.

I see where your coming from Steph,but i feel it should be someone who has played a full season (rightly or wrongly).For me it would be Bastian ,simply because he has been an ever present and shows committment and fight for the cause.(Although i maintain reservations about his overall quality of play).

Surprise, surprise, look who pipes up in response to a comment that I make about Harvey. I could ask you what your obsession is with disliking him?

We've been here before, you must have memory loss - you don't rate him, I do rate him, you think he's not good enough to start for our club (wrongly, and his consistent performances this season have proved you wrong!!), and I think he is good enough. Please let's not go back here again - if I wish to make a comment about him in the future just bite your tongue hey? We have agreed to disagree already.

He made a slight mistake yesterday leading up to the goal I know, but he is the kind of player that I want playing for my club - disciplined, plays with the right attitude, and is not a liability who may go around with Ben Thatcher like forearm smashes!!

Never questioned his attitude,discipline or commitment,which are all good.(and easily better than a third of his teammates).But the main criteria for a defender is to stop the opposition scoring,or at least to be part of defense that is hard to score against.So whilst Glen is composed,tidy and hardworking,i havn't seen any evidence of those two very important facors in his displays.Thats not to say i dislike him.Far from it.I would like to see Glen remain at the club next season over half a dozen other current players i could mention.Its just that your constant praising of him does seem a bit disproportionate to how the defense overall has performed this season..

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Never questioned his attitude,discipline or commitment,which are all good.(and easily better than a third of his teammates).But the main criteria for a defender is to stop the opposition scoring,or at least to be part of defense that is hard to score against.So whilst Glen is composed,tidy and hardworking,i havn't seen any evidence of those two very important facors in his displays.Thats not to say i dislike him.Far from it.I would like to see Glen remain at the club next season over half a dozen other current players i could mention.Its just that your constant praising of him does seem a bit disproportionate to how the defense overall has performed this season..

As Steph has said, Bast too would be up there as our best player this year, and I like him as a player just as much as Harvey (my original post was more in anticipation of any criticism that Glen might receive for his slight mistake yesterday). Yes this would be mainly based on the committment and attitude of these 2 players, and the fact that they have been ever present this season, but you cannot deny that they have been consistently solid.
You have to remember that our defence has had far more to deal with this season than in previous years, what with having a midfield and strike force in front of them that has been ineffective for most of the campaign, and has been unable to retain possession or play the desired quality of football. You cannot solely blame the back four for the amount of goals we have conceded this term. No matter how well your back four play, if the midfield in front of you is not doing it's defensive duties properly, it is only a matter of time before the opposition score.

This thread is titled Good Performance Today..............

Let's leave it positive shall we.

If you want to slag off players or nominate them for the seasons awards...start a dedicated thread.

We need 100% total POSITIVE comments this week leading up to the Dartford game.

Glad we are now using a flat back four.If selected, Harvey will now be one of the main central defenders,rather than sitting between Bastian and the central defender.Look forward to seeing him in this new role.Theres certainly no easy ride in a flat back four.His worth should be a lot clearer to evaluate in this final part of the season.No one would be happier than me if performances prove good enough to seal a regular spot in the center of defense.It would certainly be one less position to worry about come the 2008-9 season.