Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Programmes (Part 2)

The problem is Jack that Rhodes let's his personality get in the way of any constructive comment. And whilst you think his programme is 'very good', others may disagree with you.

Personally he has my admiration for the time he spends on it, but it isn't that good in my opinion. Too many out of date match reports and newspaper cut and pastes and the fact that he lifted items without permission from a rival club and cut and pasted them into his own programme seems a bit off. He then had the gall to question the quality of that other clubs programme!

But each to their own and I repeat my admiration for the effort he puts in.

Jack Sparrow - Thanks again for those kind comments, I don't think I am the villian of the peace as everyone likes to make out, Wader and Keeper No.1 are nice blokes but both have flaws in their characters in that when things don't go their way or if someone stands up to them they don't like it.

Originally Posted By: Jack Sparrow
This thread is about Programmes and that is what we should be judging, not personalities. If Rhodes produces a very good programme which I believe he does, then good for him.

Jack - the Kentish Town programme is produced at the Ministry of Defence during working hours on Government property using Government paper by somebody who is being paid from (and, by implication, misusing) tax payers' money. The programme itself is unnecessarily padded out with match reports that are completely out of date and, as stated by others, frequently infringes on copywrite law. The SSML Committee, who were known to be fed up with Hoddesdon winning the programme of the year every season (the main reason why they introduced divisional awards rather than just one overall one) saw the Kentish Town programme as a reason not to give Hoddesdon the award last season, as they will always seem to plump for quantity over quality. If you ask clip Rods, he will tell you that he has dozens of spare copies of every Kentish Town programme he has ever produced. Hardly makes it the most popular product in the world, does it?

It's all about opinion, Jack, and my opinion, speaking as a former programme editor myself, is that quality is better than quantity.

There are many ways that you could analyse the difference between the programmes of Hoddesdon Town and Kentish Town and many ways that I, like you, would find the Hoddesdon one better. For starters, the Hoddesdon programme is clearly structured and indexed whereas clippy has proudly stated on this forum that he likes to "hide" the team line-ups and make them deliberately difficult to find.

However, the main reason I "talk down" clip Rods efforts is that, knowing how hard it is to produce programmes on a regular basis in one's spare time whilst holding down a full-time job, I share the views of many others on this forum in feeling that clippy wouldn't have a clue how to produce such quantities on a regular basis if he had to work under the same constraints as other programme editors (the main reason he produces the same match reports over and over in every issue is to reduce time on the MOD photocopier and lessen the chances of getting caught) and, therefore, his perception of how wonderful his own work is and repetitive gloating on this, and other, forums is completely misplaced.

Football man, in my opinion the Hoddy programme is better but the KTFC one is also good and in fact better than most so why are you guys trying to talk down what is actually a decent piece of work?

Jack Sparrow - For the third time today I'm indebted to you, many thanks. Football Man has been a thorn in my side on this Forum from day 1, ie since July 2006, and his views are built on bitterness and bitterness alone on the back of an ill fated groundshare agreement Kentish Town had with Potters Bar Town in the 2005/2006 season. Take no notice and don't let him brainwash you.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Football man, in my opinion the Hoddy programme is better but the KTFC one is also good and in fact better than most so why are you guys trying to talk down what is actually a decent piece of work?

Jack Sparrow - For the third time today I'm indebted to you, many thanks. Football Man has been a thorn in my side on this Forum from day 1, ie since July 2006, and his views are built on bitterness and bitterness alone on the back of an ill fated groundshare agreement Kentish Town had with Potters Bar Town in the 2005/2006 season. Take no notice and don't let him brainwash you.

I never judge people by what others say. I form my own opinions. You have never said anything to cause offence to me and even if you had I would not allow this to affect my thoughts on the quality of a match programme.

Originally Posted By: Sprocket 1
I demand a tax rebate from the civil service, i never agreed to subsidise the K.T.F.C. programme.

I cant believe that everyone else on this forum is so honest that they have never used the photocopier, fax machine etc in their own office for personal use. I know I have.

I cant believe that everyone else on this forum is so honest that they have never used the photocopier, fax machine etc in their own office for personal use. I know I have.

32 sheets of A4 paper (plus spoilage), double-sided, multiplied by an unnecessarily over the top amount of programmes produced per game, multiplied by anything between 20 & 30 (depending on number of home games) in a 6-7 month period. Have you really done that, Jack?

I never spoke about that. Merely mentioned the content and my own thoughts on the prog overall - as you voiced yours. Fair enough?

Jack Sparrow - You sum it up nicely in your post in that some people are going over the top, when Football Man was Secretary of Potters Bar Town, and prior to that at Ilford, did he not once do a bit of photocopying at work or send a fax or e-mail from office equipment, I find that difficult to believe and clearly there are more to his silly accusations than meet the eye.

I agree that anyone who takes the time to prepare the prog deserves credit and that KTFC's prog is better than a lot of the fare on offer in Div1 this season. So for that, I salute Cliff.

However, I have to underline the point. Anyone who is in possession of a KTFC prog and a Hoddy prog, compare the two and see how many pages have been directly photocopied and slapped into the KTFC prog. The funniest one is the "FA VASE" page, which lists the previous winners. You can tell its been photocopied from ours cos HTFC's famous win is listed in bold and italics!!

Keep up the good work Cliff but I am against your blatant ripping off of our prog. Didnt you get banned from the NBSP web site for ripping stuff too?

Also, cut down on the out of date match reports! When we visited you 4 weeks ago, there was match reports from your pre season friendlies!!

• 2 months later...

Folks - Phil Watkins Soccer Club Swap Shop Programme Awards have been announced and there are a number of SSML Club's featured in the top 40:

Non League Section

Top 40

1. Gateshead

2. Chelmsford City

3. Marske United

4. Horsham

5. Poole Town

6. Hoddesdon Town

7. Aldershot Town

8. Kirkley & Pakefield

9. AFC Wimbledon

10.Cambridge United

11.Oxford United

12.Mangotsfield United

13.Arnold Town

14.Bridgwater Town

15.Buckland Athletic

16.Chalfont St Peter

17.Torpoint Athletic

18.Sheffield

19.Southport

20.Bath City

21.Boston United

22.Curzon Ashton

23.Coventry Sphinx

24.FC Clacton

25.Telford United

26.Cammell Laird

27.Hatfield Town

28.Fisher London

29.Broxbourne Borough

20.Parkhouse

31.FC United

32.Kentish Town

33.Basildon Unted

34.Scarborough Athletic

35.Royston Town

36.Rayners Lane

37.Ringmer

38.Hemsworth MW

39.Consett

40.Mile Oak

Five out of 40 you mean, Kentish Town's 32nd place is extraordinary and the equivalent of winning it outright due to the printing constraints I faced and the lack of photographs of matches due to having to oversee the Reserve Team for most of the season.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Five out of 40 you mean, Kentish Town's 32nd place is extraordinary and the equivalent of winning it outright due to the printing constraints I faced and the lack of photographs of matches due to having to oversee the Reserve Team for most of the season.

Rhodesy, it's a grand life if you don't weaken ... grin