Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Programmes (Part 2)

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
ill be there on the 13th August 2009 to see the kick off,
(if I can get the Thursday afternoon off)

Is it a Thursday? I wonderd how Unc knew the dates already..let's just say August 2009 is KO Time for the new club

ha ha..sorry guys its the 15...I had my leap year crystal ball to hand....grin

wader many thanks for the offer and I am sure the guys will be delighted to take you up on it now...presumably there will be sufficent hot water for the event to be hosted..devil..

oh and on that subject and thanks for nudging me wadsey...they shall also play Hx pre season..I shall also be speaking to a good friend of mine at connie level who will no doubt send a team also pre season....all good positive stuff and makes me feel proud to have helped a little....

having been granted access to the edgware underground thread I see that an announcement is to be made by the new CEO on friday of next week on the new edgware fc forum (if its set up by then as Ian seems to have gone missing) regarding the new club....I have to say it is all very exciting...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
they shall also play Hx pre season..I shall also be speaking to a good friend of mine at connie level who will no doubt send a team also pre season....all good positive stuff and makes me feel proud to have helped a little....

Unc - You amaze me, why can't 'Sugar' at Haringey Borough be as proactive as you, out of interest would you turn down a pre-season friendy with Tottenham and would you nick a signed shirt and ball that was intended to be raffled for Club funds.

• 4 weeks later...

AWK - There is someone on another's Forum asking how many Club's in Division 2 will be issuing programmes this season. I suppose it will be the usual suspects but the SSML hierarchy really should make it compulsary like in Division 1 and the Premier Division, it can be so disappointing for groundhoppers when they arrive at a game wide eyed to find, to their dismay, that no programme has been issued.

I suppose from your own perspective the less that do the better however I wouldn't mind betting you find one of the new Club's give you a run for your money this season.

You shouldn't have any trouble tomorrow against Old Bradwell United, I assume you're going.

I would rather win the programme of the season award with every team issuing than only a few, if I don't win it then I will just try harder the next season.

I will be at Kenilworth Road tomorrow to watch Luton start on the long trail back to 0 points! I shall however be at Kent Athletic vs The 61 FC midweek.

You're certainly a glutton for punishment, I would have thought you'd swerve Luton this season and concentrate fully on The 61 FC.

• 2 years later...

I see that Hoddesdon Town came 6th in the National Programme Awards for last season, an impressive achievement and I expect they will easily take the SSML crown at the AGM tomorrow week, unlike in 2007 when the Kentish Town programme beat them which must still rankle in the corridors of power at Lowfield:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=332088;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=37796206