Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cambridge game/question.

ronks41

I could'nt get to the game last night but saw 86mins on Setanta. I began, and continued, to get very frustrated with S.Long and his inability to find a fellow team mate with around 9( lost count after this number)attempted passes.I am no officianardo just a regular watcher and supporter, but it dont arf hack me off to see that, not just last night but consistantly through this season. And he gets picked week in and week out.He doesnt tackle consistently or affectively, he cant pass and it is starting to worry me because we need all picked or preferred players on the pitch to be of a better standard in my opinion.He may have something as far as others are concerned but I am failing to see the logic of his persistant appearance on both pitch or bench. Is there anyone in the eather who can enlighten me please?

Last night wasn't one of his better games but to suggest he offers nothing is ridiculous (in my opinion).

Eleven goals from midfield (making him top scorer incidentally), he creates a hell of a lot, he's a tireless runner, when he's on song the entire midfield ticks and he provides opportunities for strikers.

Oh, and opposition fans think he's our best player too and he has a small army of admirers at Exeter.

Are they all wrong? No.

Still not avin it I'm afraid. Plays well when we win, plays bad and we lose. Is there a link implied here? He has had a few good games thats a given but as an inconsistent player, and I suggest a review throughout this season,in such an important position he has too many inconsistancies for me. As to the fact that he is our top scorer that, unfortunately, could be read as a damning enditement of the strike force earlier in the season(not currently of course due to big john and his impact)and contributery to our climb and slide in the table. Yes he plays well and works hard but my point is that he is 'consistanly' less than that.I dont think for a moment that the Stacey Club would ever be convinced but that in my opinion is why others never get a chance to prove if they are better or not. Would your responses be the same if I had been seen to be picking on Nade or the perported 'LOVE CHILD'??

Originally Posted By: ronks41
As to the fact that he is our top scorer that, unfortunately, could be read as a damning enditement of the strike force earlier in the season

Or could be that 11 goals from any midfielder in any side is damned good, regardless of the strike force.

others never get a chance to prove if they are better or not.

Who are these mythical others better than Long in our midfield who can create and score and perform with the consistency you seem to require?

Would your responses be the same if I had been seen to be picking on Nade or the perported 'LOVE CHILD'??

No, because with all due respect to Rafa, take him out of the team and he's easier to replace than if you take Long out. I think you're on your own with this one ronks, and it's nothing to do with a Stacy fanclub. He has a fan club for a reason... because he's good.

Is it April 1st yet?

Sorry Ronks, but if you reduce your aguement to simple abuse of certain players, by calling them "love child", you have lost the debate.

By all means question the merits of players, but do not undervalue the contribution Long has made in the FA Trophy. His tireless running, particularly in extra time against Burton, and again away at Aldershot, are unquestionably the main reasons for achieving what has never been done by the club before, a Wembley final, in what will be a record attendance watching Fleet.

Yep matey.....we are ALL regular attendees !!

Best season for years, and most changeable season for years ( Name Change, MyFC etc ), we get to Wembley & people start having a pop ! Quite brilliant !!

Hope you are not going to Wembley ? I'll look out for you if you are, you'll be the red faced one eating humble pie when Stacey ( or is it "S" to his mates ?) scores the winner !....or have you no shame ?

Cheers,

WAS MEANT AS WIND UP........NOT FOR EVERY ONES EARS AND EYES.....MODERATORS SEEM LEES THAN INTERESTED IN REMOVING IT AS I REQUESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL TAKE THE FLACK, I SHOULDNT HAVE USED THIS FORUM FOR PERSNAL REASONS. THE BLOKE IT WAS DIRECTED AT, HE WOULD MARRY STACEY, THE FEELINGS ARE THAT DEEP AND CERTAINLY NOT PLEASANT FOR ME TO WITNESS, IF HE COULD. THE BUGGER DECIDED TO GO SCOTLAND FOR A WEEK SO WASNT ABLE TO RESPOND AS I EXPECTED...........THAT SAID YOU WOULDNT WANT TO MEET ME AT WEMBLEY OR ANYWHERE ELSE,I WONT BE EATIN PIE.........YOU'LL BE WEARIN IT!!!!!!!!!!! I AM FINISHED HERE......GOODBYE.

WAS MEANT AS WIND UP........NOT FOR EVERY ONES EARS AND EYES.....MODERATORS SEEM LEES THAN INTERESTED IN REMOVING IT AS I REQUESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL TAKE THE FLACK, I SHOULDNT HAVE USED THIS FORUM FOR PERSNAL REASONS. THE BLOKE IT WAS DIRECTED AT, HE WOULD MARRY STACEY, THE FEELINGS ARE THAT DEEP AND CERTAINLY NOT PLEASANT FOR ME TO WITNESS, IF HE COULD. THE BUGGER DECIDED TO GO SCOTLAND FOR A WEEK SO WASNT ABLE TO RESPOND AS I EXPECTED...........THAT SAID YOU WOULDNT WANT TO MEET ME AT WEMBLEY OR ANYWHERE ELSE,I WONT BE EATIN PIE.........YOU'LL BE WEARIN IT!!!!!!!!!!! I AM FINISHED HERE......GOODBYE.

What the f*ck you been taking boy, I want some.