Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RUSH GREEN SITE

i have never made no secret of the fact that i work at fords one of the UK'S most profitable company's which of course means that i hear news of the rush green site first.

Its now been officially announced that fords are selling rush green and the the compamy which has 'made an unsolicited offer to purchase the entire rush green site' will not 'be using the site to provide sporting facilities'.

'consolidation of the two sites into newbury park offers the club [ford sports and social club NOT romford fc] the opportunity to reverse the substantial losses of recent years.'

'the 28 acre rush green site and 38 acre newbury park site have co-existed for more than 40 years.since the 1980's ford employee membership of the club has reduced by around 80%. since 2002 ford membership from the local dagenham estate has reduced from over 100.000 members to less than 5,000 members.given these changes, a consolidation of facilities is a logical and prudent step'.

THIS TIME NEXT YEAR ROMFORD WILL BE HOMELESS,IS THIS THE END OF ROMFORD FC?

There will always be a Romford FC and if it comes to the worse then they will have just to flex their muscles and claim what is right for them squezeing in at Bridge avenue.Elementary watson!! grin

Originally Posted By: richard193
i have never made no secret of the fact that i work at fords one of the UK'S most profitable company's which of course means that i hear news of the rush green site first.
Its now been officially announced that fords are selling rush green and the the compamy which has 'made an unsolicited offer to purchase the entire rush green site' will not 'be using the site to provide sporting facilities'.
'consolidation of the two sites into newbury park offers the club [ford sports and social club NOT romford fc] the opportunity to reverse the substantial losses of recent years.'
'the 28 acre rush green site and 38 acre newbury park site have co-existed for more than 40 years.since the 1980's ford employee membership of the club has reduced by around 80%. since 2002 ford membership from the local dagenham estate has reduced from over 100.000 members to less than 5,000 members.given these changes, a consolidation of facilities is a logical and prudent step'.
THIS TIME NEXT YEAR ROMFORD WILL BE HOMELESS,IS THIS THE END OF ROMFORD FC?

You say this in a tone that seems to make you happy Richard. What have we ever done to upset you?

don't take it personal boroman i'm a misanthorpe so its nothing against romford in particular.

BUT AGAIN RICHARD193 WAS THE FIRST WITH THE BREAKING NEWS,I POSTED THIS 3 HOURS BEFORE ROMFORD DECIDED TO INFORM THEIR FANS,THERES OTHER STUFF I KNOW ABOUT THE SALE BUT I'VE BEEN SWORN TO SECRECY.

it is bad news all round mate and i feel your pain,i'm not meaning to rub salt into the wound but maybe the pain would be less if your officials had been straight with you in the first place,the ground was sold two weeks ago and it seems wrong that you had to hear it from me. as realist now admits on the romford site he was in a secret meeting with ford officials tonight,why oh why has it had to be conducted in this clandestine manner? what are they trying to hide?

i knew all this a fortnight back but not being a troublemaker i bit my lip,this evening i decided that romford fans had a right to know.but please dont shoot the messenger.

So now the pressure will be on the local council to find an alternative venue to the oldest and glorious local club.Any suggestions?Bridge avenue or Aveley if a solution is not found quickly.

Richard

If you knew this two weeks ago I can only assume you are the chairman of FOB or perhaps on the JWC,as the site has not been sold, an offer has been made that's all. If you knew two weeks ago you should have said. If you really are a football fan and have the supporters interests at heart you can PM me with something of benefitinstead of crowing on here, and postingon the AFC site rubbish saying the supporters have been misled. As soon as the meeting finished the info was on here for those that were not told yesterday.

it is bad news all round mate and i feel your pain,i'm not meaning to rub salt into the wound but maybe the pain would be less if your officials had been straight with you in the first place,the ground was sold two weeks ago and it seems wrong that you had to hear it from me. as realist now admits on the romford site he was in a secret meeting with ford officials tonight,why oh why has it had to be conducted in this clandestine manner? what are they trying to hide?
i knew all this a fortnight back but not being a troublemaker i bit my lip,this evening i decided that romford fans had a right to know.but please dont shoot the messenger.

By the look of it Richards the news don't come really as a shock.People knew and it was on the cards...

Council steps up search for Boro's new home after football league pulls plug on ground-share.
The Ryman Football League has refused to sanction a proposed ground-share between Romford FC and AFC Hornchurch.

Havering Council is now striving to protect Romford Fc's long-term future by finding them a new home in the borough.

Due to the club's uncertain future at their current ground, Ford's Sports Stadium, Rush Green Road, Romford, the team are in need of a new home ground. Romford FC has a long historical association with the borough and has continued to deliver extensive programmes of activities in the local community.

Over the last 6 months the Council has been exploring the possibility of the club relocating to Hornchurch Stadium to ground-share with AFC Hornchurch. Unfortunately, the Ryman Football League has refused to sanction the proposal and has threatened to demote AFC Hornchurch to a lower league if the ground-share goes ahead. The Council feels that due to the rich and charitable history of the club, Romford FC's future should be protected and a new home ground found in Havering. The Council will challange the league's decision while urgently searching for other potential sites in the borough.

The Council is also encouraging the creation of a trust to manage Hornchurch Stadium and help maximise the community's use of the facilities and create additional finacial benefits.

Leader of the Council, Councillor Michael White, said: "Romford FC has been an integral part of the borough for many years. We are disappointed with the Ryman League's decision and will work to ensure a long and successive future for the club in Havering."

In reply Steve Gardener said: "We are disappointed the ground-share was unable to take place and accept the Council did all it could to facilitate the share.

We are pleased the Council continues to recognise the excellent community work we undertake and am confident the Council will continue to assist us in a search for a permanent home, ensuring Romford FC are able to continue to serve the local community for many years to come."

Old news seems to me smile

don't take it personal boroman i'm a misanthorpe so its nothing against romford in particular.
BUT AGAIN RICHARD193 WAS THE FIRST WITH THE BREAKING NEWS,I POSTED THIS 3 HOURS BEFORE ROMFORD DECIDED TO INFORM THEIR FANS,THERES OTHER STUFF I KNOW ABOUT THE SALE BUT I'VE BEEN SWORN TO SECRECY.

there is a thread about it on one of the sites of the people trying to buy it frown

We have been hearing this rumour/fact for about a year I think only Richard can see a conspiracy theory in all this. Quite a few of us heard about this on Tuesday night so Richard's expose wasn't much of a shock!! It's a position we have been in before and probably wont be the last while we stay homeless. It goes without saying that all Boro fans are behind The Board. Here's hoping a speedy conclusion to our latest homeless plight!! frown

bootyshake Richard!

What no one has picked up on is that the ESL has lost the best and most reliable playing surface in the league.

Everyone loses as well as Boro!