Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arlesey Latest

Well at the risk of incurring the wrath of The Hat and Gazza I enjoyed the game. It was not the best spectacle but hey a win is a win.

David Bastian hit the bar in the first half with a freekick. Arlesey miseed an open goal too. Luke Marshall got a telling off for going in to tackle the keeper. Nowt wrong with the 50:50 ball ref. Dooling had a good first half.

Second half Leon Gutsmore starting to get the better of Robbie Carroll down the left so a double sub was made bringing David Allen and Paul Campbell on for Robbie Carroll and Freddie Dooling. Disco put Leon to sleep with a a vintage Disco performance. Town won a freekick on the edge of the box up stepped Rudi Hall as only he can and hit a corker aimed at the top corner. Lee Robinson (the lump in goal) belied his size and got to it to pull off a fantastic save (shame).

The ref had to go over to the Arlesey Town bench for a second time and sent the manager off for whatever he said! Arlesey were being thwarted by Town who were playing for each other.

On the 75th minute a misunderstanding between Lee Robinson and Matthew Clark allowed Ricci Crace to nip in between them both dribble the ball round Robinson and tap home 0 - 1. Thank you Arlesey. Shortly after Luke Marshall hada chance to make it 0 - 2 but missed an open goal from from 2 feet - (It was vintage Mattie Negus for me)!

Jason Willis was playing brilliantly and so was Glenn Harvey. In the dying moments of the game Jason Willis showed great courage going for a ball and looked seriously injured. The ref called Fiona on and Stewart Margolis followed her on to see for himself how bad things were. Whilst Town fans were getting concerned for Jason, Martin Young (no7) appeared to run from the half way line and tap Jason under the chin whilst he was in a state on the ground (as if to say stop acting). He wasn't and the Referee reached straight for the red card. The ref was closer than we were but we were all concerned for Jason and the number sevens actions were not wise. The result was a fair one and a win is a win.

What a dust bowl of a pitch - Unbelievable bearing in mind the weather we have had over the last week.

Originally Posted By: etfc
not a very god game today.........

Understatement of the year that! Mind you we did string 4 passes together mid way through the second half which was probaly the highlight of the 90 mins.

What was the Arlsey player sent off for?

Four league games unbeaten is a much needed run lets keep it up to the end of the season.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: etfc
not a very god game today.........

Understatement of the year that! Mind you we did string 4 passes together mid way through the second half which was probaly the highlight of the 90 mins.

What was the Arlsey player sent off for?

Four league games unbeaten is a much needed run lets keep it up to the end of the season.

I believe he was sent off because he deliberately poked Jason Willis in the eyes!!

confused2

I cant believe you expect us to play attractive football on that dust bowl with a gale blowing.

Can't you just be happy with the general attitude of the players and the fact we were the better team against a side that beat us by 4 the last time we played there.

Come on lets give the lads a little credit well done boys good result and a good performance taking conditions into account.

Am I the only person who can see the improved discipline and the improved shape and the better team ethic over the last 7 games ?

"Am I the only person who can see the improved discipline and the improved shape and the better team ethic over the last 7 games ?"

No

But are the skills and experience as good? We will only find that out next season.

Me - I think we have found the goalie to replace JJ. I think that Luke shows promise. Other youngsters have to learn fast. On Saturday throughout the game we were undone around the centre circle. Arsley's number 11 had a stormer and controlled that part of the pitch. In this situation the ball was continually coming back to the defenders who were under pressure throughout most of the game. We developed attacks when we came down the flanks especially when Dave Allen and Paul Campbell came on and added that bit of experience which RC and FD clearly lacked.

Our centre midfielders were not good enough to get the ball to Ozie or Ricci. The pitch and wind may have been to blame but it was the same for both sides. They have to improve and improve fast. On Tuesday Sudbury may be faster and more direct!

Originally Posted By: The Donk
Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: The Donk
Send 3 and 4 pence we are going to a dance -...

doah What is that all about? doah

As usual it means we all watch a match and see things differently! The important thing regardless of what did or did not happen is that hopefully Jason is OK.

It's not what I saw but what Mr Club Secretary told me he was told after the game.

confused2