Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 2-2 Tonbridge

Well I don't think anyone would disagree that over the 90 mins Angels were the better side, but equally I doubt anyone will show them a shred of sympathy as their attitude to the game was an absolute disgrace.

Persistent diving from the players (notably Carl Rook and Anthoney Storey) which one of their officials said he was happy to see from his team, and persistent foul and abusive language from the manager and coaching staff, one of whom was sent off. The manager then had to be pulled away from confronting the referee at the final whistle.

Football at the highest level is being systematically ruined by the sort of attitude Tonbridge displayed today, it isn't welcome in the premiership and it isn't welcome in the Ryman.

We were the better team in the second half that was plain to see. You don't pull back two goals because "the better team" have a different attitude to sportsman like behaviour than most of the football world.

Such a shame really because Tonbridge games are always worth looking forward to and I would suggest that it isn't so much the club as a whole but who they have employed to manage their football team. If memory serves, we had similar issues with Horsham when the (now) Tonbridge team management was there. Quite a few people took exception to the managers and assistant managers attitude then as they did yesterday. Obviously they don't believe in their teams ability to play and beat teams with football or else they wouldn't be engaging their players with the unsavory and unsporting side of football. It's that or they give us the rspect that they don't think they can beat us with just playing football.

In some perverse way, it was almost entertaining...I would suggest that Tonbridge hire their bench out for kiddies parties but for the language...Children love a clown...

DISGUSTING

is the only word I can think of to desribe the behavour of the tonbridge "angels" management and players at the end of the game. Not only was the manager and some players restrained from attacking the ref who, although a bit officious certainly didnt do them any harm, in fact he allowed them to feign injury and dive all over the place and waste time the whole game, but when leaving the field to the usual fans barrage of derision they decided not to leave and go inside to the dressing rooms but to stop and confront the fans who were securely restrained behind the fencing and no danger to the players until they decided to come back out and have a go. With the stewards and officials of both clubs attempting to get them into the enclosed area they then resort to trying to fight the people trying to protect them.

I cant understand what they were so incenced about unless it was their frustration of throwing away a 2 goal lead they had been given. our team both on and off the pitch are a model to other teams of how to play the gme fairly and accept decisions as final whether right or wrong. It is just a shame that we have to put up with thuggish and unsporting behaviour from others.

As you say hit man .. Not sure what all the fuss was about.

They came they led, They f-cked up. and we rallied, We drew and we had a goal disallowed less than a foot off the goal line.

We lost 2 points and they went off with a point what more did they deserve. F, all that's what.

But on a lighter note some of their fan's did agree that the Angles took the piss with all the diving.

If nothing else it made me feel better.

why are you no longer putting the team down simon?

no team on match reports either

Good coverage there re our awards night, and a well made point about the future of refereeing.

I think its fair to say that most people who are involved in football, be it as a fan, or on the footballing side, want to see an improvement in the standard of refereeing, and that wish would be made at every level.

But unless the FA can introduce a suitable deterrent that stops those who choose to to bully and cheat, then I can only foresee a steady decline in the standard of refereeing at all levels.

thanks rick but there is no starting line up there

is there some sort of ban as there are no match reports on website and simon btfc normally puts the squad down which he hasnt been doing recently

Smallsy, the starting line-up and subs can ALWAYS be found at http://twitter.com/btfc

I'm due to be taking over the running of the BTFC website in the close season. Simon (and sometimes Andy R) will still be doing the match reports, but I'll try and make sure the new site always has the line-ups and stats in the match reports.

Originally Posted By: smallsy
why are you no longer putting the team down simon?
no team on match reports either

Sorry Smallsy, wasn't aware that anybody read the rubbish I put on here! The match reports do normally have the team on though, when they go up... just put saturday's online if you're interested. Will try and put the team on here in future, perhaps whoever posts first on the game (it's not normally me these days!) could try and remember also.

Been over to the Tonbridge forum again...looks as if their support decided to drop some acid and spend the whole game tripping...

...apparently, according to one Tonbridge supporter, those of us that posted about last Saturday's game will require a laywer...Oh and he include Mr. Marshall.

Cocks, the lot of them. It would be a pleasure to see their play off hope collapse and then stuff 'em next season...

I'd never thought I'd type this but "go Hornchurch, go!!!"

Quite frankly I would be embarrased to be a Tonbridge supporter after Saturday's performance. Their antics were pathetic and full marks to the ref who rose above it all, I hope his assesor has put in a suitably strong report. I'll also add my admiration for our team and management who ignored them, got on with their football and demonstrated maturity.

Gazza i read those threads, i think its our ric the dick? who has replyed on there thread, and i wish they would stop saying essex whatever fans! being polite, some of us are east end boys born in Romford essex now east London best of both worlds for me and Tonbridge calm down and move on, see you next season grin grin Blue fan.

Umm... Yeah, or No? grin

Romford, Dagenham, West Ham, Plaistow, Barking and even Canning Town are all Essex! And one day we will re-take them!