Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middx cup final clash with Chamions league semi

Who decided on the 30th April as the new date for the Charity cup final? The original date clashed with the Champions league Q/F.The new date with the Liverpool v Chelsea Semi.doh How hard would it have been to arrange it for a couple of days either side of that date?

Whatever anyone says,the attendance at our game will be affected.I personally know half a dozen people who will now not be bothering to go to the Middx Cup final because of the clash.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Who decided on the 30th April as the new date for the Charity cup final? The original date clashed with the Champions league Q/F.The new date with the Liverpool v Chelsea Semi.doh How hard would it have been to arrange it for a couple of days either side of that date?

Whatever anyone says,the attendance at our game will be affected.I personally know half a dozen people who will now not be bothering to go to the Middx Cup final because of the clash.

Probably the Middlesex FA

giggle

It's outrageous. I can't believe all these clubs that kick-off on a Saturday when people are shopping. And what's with midweek kick-offs when there's Eastenders on the telly? I estimate we could have got an extra 5000 people through the gate for the game against Eton Manor, if it wasn't for alternative interests such as television, internet, having a life etc. No wonder clubs are going bust.

Quote:
It's outrageous. I can't believe all these clubs that kick-off on a Saturday when people are shopping. And what's with midweek kick-offs when there's Eastenders on the telly? I estimate we could have got an extra 5000 people through the gate for the game against Eton Manor, if it wasn't for alternative interests such as television, internet, having a life etc. No wonder clubs are going bust.

I think you've missed one major point MK.Every paying customer that pays money to go through the gate at a Non-league match IS by definition a fan of football (or at the very least they have an interest in the sport).The same can not be said about them with regard to watching Eastenders or going shopping..etc.

So if one of the biggest yearly events in the sport that they actively follow is being played on the same night ,it will badly affect the gate.Even by as much as 30-40% at a neutral (non local)ground.

The fact that the Middx FA continually insist on arranging this final TOO clash with the Champions league semi (involving two English clubs), is madness.The only good thing is that the Middx FA will lose hundreds of pounds in revenue on the night,and serve them right.The attendance will be half of all our other cup finals.Mark my words.I doubt they'll get more than 200 turn up.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
WHAT ABOUT THE BIG GAME THAT NIGHT
MAN UTD

life is full of choices

Why would any self respecting Enfield Town supporter want to watch a Mickey Mouse poncy Northern club?

cos that's what they grew up with??

p.s. how is life in the sticks? rabbitpie again?

Quote:

I think you missed MK's point that no matter what day or time any match is arranged for there will always be someone complaing that there is something else to do at that time and unfortunately that's life and we have to get on with it plus if you are a Spurs supporter what does the Champions league semi matter?

I think you've missed one major point MK.Every paying customer that pays money to go through the gate at a Non-league match IS by definition a fan of football (or at the very least they have an interest in the sport).The same can not be said about them with regard to watching Eastenders or going shopping..etc.

So if one of the biggest yearly events in the sport that they actively follow is being played on the same night ,it will badly affect the gate.Even by as much as 30-40% at a neutral (non local)ground.
The fact that the Middx FA continually insist on arranging this final TOO clash with the Champions league semi (involving two English clubs), is madness.The only good thing is that the Middx FA will lose hundreds of pounds in revenue on the night,and serve them right.The attendance will be half of all our other cup finals.Mark my words.I doubt they'll get more than 200 turn up.

Well they say they support Chelsea or Liverpool but they won't be at that game either. In fact they probably go once a season if that. The Champions League is a load of glorified bollox and I can't seriously believe that someone would rather watch 2 premiership also-rans slug it out for the rights to lose to Man United in the final. It's a lame excuse/reason, and it seems to me that the dozen people you know of would find any reason not to go to Hayes. I don't need an excuse, I don't like the place so I won't be there. Suprisingly enough I won't be watching ITV or SKY that night either.