Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Tues 15 April

Information sent out to all clubs in March stated Cheshunt will not be asked to leave division One next season even though their first team are relegated. They only applied to the capital league as they thought they would be relegated back to the reserve division which was not what they wanted. Apparently the rules bought in last season whereby if a first team dropped below a certain level their reserves would be relegated has now been scrapped.

I heard that even current Step 4 clubs would be allowed to enter their Reserves in Step 6 next season

Originally Posted By: blues06
Horace wat happened to u boys tonight?
Also, and i know i am biased coz he's 1 of my best m8s, why the hell after winning 3-0 and keeping a well earned clean sheet at holmer green did maybs get dropped, i know he aint pleasing on the eye but he is a proper defender and maybe u wouldnt have dropped some of the points u have if he was given more games!!

Ello blues!...Was very impressed with Langford last night, They are the best team that i've played against since returning from injury...They totally over ran us in the first half and then defended well when we were looking to force a draw in the 2nd half, As for Maybs?...He did well Sat but Homer were poor to be fair...Drapes was back last night and Shaun Crossley has been outstanding since getting in the side...a few holidays at bad times havent helped Maybs !...PS are you banned at the moment?

alrite big man!! we've got langford on the last day!!should be a good 1!!

fair enough m8 but if u win 3-0 away from home, surely u cant change the back line!! yea maybs has been away but it seems from wat i hear drapes picks and chooses his games....wats worse??

yea banned till the end of the season and the first game of next season!! a shock to u all, im sure!! haha

I saw the second half last night and thought it was a fantastic advert for the league. Hod played really well and had a lot of pressure and chances . Fantastic strike by the Cheshunt no 6 to equalise and despite the pressure i thought that Cheshunt defended really well and were composed on the break and created a couple of half chances of their own to nearly nick it at he end. Nasty looking injury to the Hod keeper at the end and i hope it is not as bad as it looked and that he will be ok for next week.

See you all next Tuesday for what promises to be a thrilling encounter.

If you are referring to the Blond centre half who i think was 5 then he won every header going and didn't seem to be in any trouble. The back 4 in general had a fairly easy time as Cheshunt had only one up front but again i was impressed with the way the young Cheshunt boys held onto the ball and tried to keep it when they got it. This alleviated some of the pressure that was being exerted by a skillful and hard working midfield.

The runs by the 8 down the channels were causing mayhem particularly down the left and could have led to more goals for Hod but the right back made several good timely last ditch interventions. All noted in my dossier !!!!!

Originally Posted By: Horace

Amersham Town 2-1 Stony Stratford Town
Reon Thomas 4 (27) Darren Dykes 14
Roy Byron 19

I'm surprised how tamely Stony Stratford Town fell away towards the end of the campaign, Royston Town style, when looking like they would be in the shake up:

Tuesday 15 April
Amersham Town 2-1 Stony Stratford Town; Spartan South Midlands League Div 1; att: c.29; Entry

What was your verdict on the Copthall Stadium pitch on Monday evening, we're planning to spend a lot of money on it in the close season particularly on drainage.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
What was your verdict on the Copthall Stadium pitch on Monday evening, we're planning to spend a lot of money on it in the close season particularly on drainage.

Not too good in all honesty. Uneven and although it was firm there was a lot of loose sand and dry mud on top which made it difficult to keep your footing. Was better when we played there earlier on in the season.

Quite like the atmosphere under lights though.

We drove through Hendon (I think) on the way there - I've never seen such enormous houses. Some money round there.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Balding?

laugh Yep that as well, damn MPB!

Originally Posted By: southmidsfan
We drove through Hendon (I think) on the way there - I've never seen such enormous houses. Some money round there.

You're certainly not wrong there but how much is a three bedroom house in Ampthill these days and nearby Flitwick where there is a 45 minute Thameslink run into Central London.