Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Allan Fenn

It would appear that I have really urinated on your chips today by telling you that, I should have kept quiet shouldn't I

The New Wembley experience is hideous. The whole concrete edifice (already crumbling and mouldy as well as leaking round the edges) is set in a pile of poo in the overtly run down, shabby and communist Borough of Brent. Forget rebuilding the stadium they should crush and rebuild the entire Borough.

Access is daft, too crushed, too many hazards and poverty stricken in appearance. The staff are officious, unfriendly and uncaring. In several instances the stewards couldn't speak English to any discernable standard and simply couldn't answer the simple questions put to them. The over zealous searching and confiscation of innocuous items re-inforces the couldn't give a toss attitude the place oozes and reminded me of trying to get through customs once when flying from behind the old iron curtain.

The stadium allows you to get wet if it's raining - and that's if your in anything below Row S! Assuming you can find your correct entry (the signage has twice now sent me up a huge flight of steps only to send me back down another huge flight of steps) the interior concourse spaces are unedifying and on 3 visits now beer taps were not functioning properly. The drab brutal interior is one of pitiful cost cutting and as dull as ditchwater, which neatly leads me back to the beer on offer.

The prices charged for anything from the tickets themselves & programmes to food, drink and souvenirs were scandalous and a prime example of rip-off FA at it's worst. Treat the fans like crud and fleece them for the pleasure. The corporate and dignitaries part of the stadium are another world entirely and the comparison is blindingly shameful and a pointer to their 2 tier policy of customer care and general attitude toward the long suffering football fan.

Ticketing both on and off site is a shambles (credit card machines not working for example) and the whole place makes me morbid and frankly embarrassed to think of it as Englands National Football Stadium. Let's face it, with the amount of money it cost The FA have made a right pigs ear of it - and as for keeping it on that site, well they must be stark raving bonkers. A world beating facility? Don't make me laugh, I went to better club stadiums in Japan of all places.

I have vowed not to return to New Wembley for the forseeable future. They can fleece and treat some other mug like dirt.

Other than that it's ok grin

Originally Posted By: Wader
They can fleece and treat some other mug like dirt.
grin

Wader - To be fair if Willow the Cat had been in work last Friday he could have filled his boots with free Rochdale v Stockport County tickets

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Even us Army types are allowed days off sometimes shocked

What are those, I had one days annual leave last year!

My first crib was a slum in a slum area of Tottenham. But it was what I could afford (barely). I worked hard enough to have to only live there a short while. To be honest I don't really mind where I live. I've been throughout this fair country of ours and abroad. I've lived in city and back of beyond. But I can tell you categorically that even if all I had to live in was a cardboard box I wouldn't park it in The London Borough of Brent for more than 15 minutes.

I was born in Walthamstow, and you can say what you like about the place because I couldn't give a toss about it.

• 3 months later...

No he hasn't left Coles Park, it's his birthday:

birthday baloons2

I thought Phoinex was 'Mr Popular' but this is ridiculous, not even a message from Rak or 'Sugar'

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to offer my congratulations to Allan Fenn for stopping the rot last Tuesday, albeit with a narrow 3-2 win against beleaguered Welwyn Garden City in the Premier Division Cup who are inexplicably having a terrible time. Lets hope the result spells an upward turn although unless Allan actually plays Leon Rolle, Kesi Dryden, Bosun Adebaki and Uduma Kalu from the start rather than leaving them on the bench I fear the worst this season.

The reason there having a terrible time is that the Manager resigned and the first team squad all left with him. Therefore the first games after were difficult for the club and many reserve team players thrown in. The new signings are starting to gell and the mood is positive, despite the very negative reporting of games in the local paper. More new signings are anticipated and the side will climb away from the bottom in the next few weeks(we hope!!!)

Good Citizen - Yes I thought it would be something along those lines and the press article from the Welwyn & Hatfield Times confirms what you say:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

• 1 month later...

I see that Allan Fenn is all over the Tottenham Journal like a rash tomorrow:

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/content/haringey/tottenhamjournal/sport/

• 2 months later...

I see that Allan Fenn is all over the Tottenham Journal like a rash:

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/content/haringey/tottenhamjournal/sport/

• 1 month later...

It would appear that 'Sugar' has shown Allan Fenn the door despite the success he brought to the Club last season and results looking up recently such as the 3-1 win at Biggleswade United and the 2-0 win against Broxbourne Borough. Disgusting!

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20090319