Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Allan Fenn

First I thought I would copy over the thread about Allan on the Essex Senior League Forum:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1237595/fpart/10

Secondly I could barely believe my eyes this morning when I read the following statement from Allan in the Tottenham Journal, you'll love this folks:

"These are five days that will decide our season but we have to take it one game at a time and the Arlesey match on Saturday is huge. They've beaten Royston twice this season, they beat Kentish Town at home last month and they got a draw at Hoddesdon a few weeks ago so they've certainly got the ability to spoil our party. I can't look ahead to Hoddesdon with that game to play in the mean time". However Fenn admits that Borough's entire league campaign could be decided the following Tuesday when they host the former league leaders at Coles Park. "The Hoddesdon match is arguably the biggest in the league programme but we've got every reason to be confident. We've got home advantage and we've got a decent record there, we've won 12 of our 16 matches there and only lost twice so we'll let them worry about us. A point would probably suit us more than them but we can't play for that and we won't. We've got bigger fish to fry because we're going for the title". In order to be promoted Borough must finish in the top two of their three team mini league but Fenn was adamant he would not take the runners up spot now if he could. "No, no way, I wouldn't take second place" he said, "we believe we're playing the best football this season, we've got the best players and of course we've got the best manager. To finish second would be criminal and we're geared up to be in the Premier Division or above, we're the best equipped to go up and that's exactly what we're going to do".

Lol!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
First I thought I would copy over the thread about Allan on the Essex Senior League Forum:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1237595/fpart/10

Secondly I could barely believe my eyes this morning when I read the following statement from Allan in the Tottenham Journal, you'll love this folks:
"These are five days that ill decide our season but we have to take it one game at a time and the Arlesey match on Saturday is huge. They've beaten Royston twice this season, they beat Kentish Town at home last month and they got a draw at Hoddesdon a few weeks ago so they've certainly got the ability to spoil our party. I can't look ahead to Hoddesdon with that game to play in the mean time". However Fenn admits that Borough's entire league campaign could be decided the following Tuesday when they host the former league leaders at Coles Park. "The Hoddesdon match is arguably the biggest in the league programme but we've got every reason to be confident. We've got home advantage and we've got a decent record there, we've won 12 of our 16 matches there and only lost twice so we'l let them worry about us. A point would probably suit us more than them but we can't play for that and we won't. We've got bigger fish to fry because we're going for the title". In order to be promoted Borough must finish in the top two of their three team mini league but Fenn was adamant he would not take the runners up spot now if he could. "No, no way, I wouldn't take second place" he said, "we believe we're playing the best football this season, we've got the best players and of course we've got the best manager. To finish second would be criminal and we're geared up to be in the Premier Division or above, we're the best equipped to go up and that's exactly what we're going to do".
Lol!

Maybe only first will be good enough.

I don't think 'we' will win 'our' last four games, indeed I think 'we' will get beaten at Arlesey Athletic on Saturday, it's a very tricky game for 'us' and 'our' players will be under a lot of pressure.

Rhodester, there are some excellent "wind up merchants" on this forum (You're not bad, though my personal favourite is Richard193), but I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate to start a thread in the name of another team's manager when you are the Club Secretary of a rival team!

Not sure where you were/are going with it! confused

Hookey - Er I'm not a Club Secretary of a rival team to Haringey Borough

"No, no way, I wouldn't take second place" he said, "we believe we're playing the best football this season, we've got the best players and of course we've got the best manager. To finish second would be criminal and we're geared up to be in the Premier Division or above, we're the best equipped to go up and that's exactly what we're going to do".

Hookey - Do you really think I made that post, it must have been either Wader or NeutralFan who changed my wording completely and I have PM'd Ian to tell him evil forces are at work for all the good it will do as he is in bed with Wader.

I can assure you that I have not altered or mucked around in any way with that post.

Yet again you jump to a wrong conclusion and I will therefore be writing immediately to the League Committee to complain of your forum demeanour, your tireless and incorrect accusations and the fact that you are a tall geek in a brown suit.

In fact I may start calling you CliffTheGeek.

I fully expect the league to not allow you to start the season as chief red carpet roller for Kentish Town, indeed they may seize your ego without warning.

Wader - So who altered the post then if it wasn't you or NeutralFan

I can only say that I most certainly did not.

The controls do not sadly give information as to who edited anything. Perhaps you have a stalker with a grudge....

Now form an orderly queue please!

Wader - Would you mind getting to the bottom of it or I will be forced to take the matter further, does anybody have access to Moderating this particular Forum, ie the SSML, other than you, NeutralFan and Ian and would 'trusted' Moderator's from other Forums be able to get in and tamper with posts on ours.

Oi TIT (Rhodes) my father is a police constable so I can ask him to help you out getting to the bottom of it.

We also have players in the army who may be willing to help and I can do my bit as a private detective just for good measure.

email me for furtherr info TWL@HELPTHETITLOOKAFURTHERTIT.COM

Wader - Would you mind getting to the bottom of it or I will be forced to take the matter further, does anybody have access to Moderating this particular Forum, ie the SSML, other than you, NeutralFan and Ian and would 'trusted' Moderator's from other Forums be able to get in and tamper with posts on ours.

As you love the anarchic nature of unofficial forums such as this, which make you, in your opinion "untouchable" you can hardly complain when others do things like this. You are about to discover that you ARE touchable.

Hookey - Do you really think I made that post, it must have been either Wader or NeutralFan who changed my wording completely and I have PM'd Ian to tell him evil forces are at work for all the good it will do as he is in bed with Wader.

I must admit, it did seem a bit out of character!! Who on earth could you have upset so much?

Hookey - NeutralFn hasn't denied his involvement yet but I doubt it was him as Wader very much rules the roost on here where Moderating is concerned. It is actually a very serious matter as if it wasn't those two or Ian than somebody else has access to manipulating posts and I don't believe that is lawful.