Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC v W.Forest

I thought we really deserved the win - thats the best we've played in months and if you think we were crap...thats how bad we have been playing!

It looked as if none of your players were bothered and were just going through the motions really.

Maybe our win had something to do with 6 of our former players playing for you! laugh

Forest deserved the win without a doubt, I'm not arguing that, although I think 3-0 may have flattered them a little (that said, they could have had more). As usual, we really don't chase games well, and going a goal down makes life almost impossible for us. I was impressed with the Forest number 8 (skipper, I think), who could play a bit, won his headers and tackles, and talked all game. None of the Town players exactly covered themselves in glory, although Harvey and Tickner were tidy, and the two up front ran all game without much service. Can't fault Harvey for the sending off, he was unlucky that the tackle he made on the halfway line fell straight to their player, and then he had to make a tackle when he did. It's just one of those things.

On the other hand, what is it with Jones? That first half lunge (after about 10 minutes) leading to a yellow card meant that he had to be so careful all game. I've seen him do it so many times, and it means that we have 80 minutes with one of our centre mids treading on eggshells. I don't doubt he can play, he wins his headers and tackles, but why the stupid lunges? For the sending off, I can understand his frustration (possibly a foul the other way, as he was going for the ball, and the other guy wasn't), but definitely not his reaction. You're on a yellow, the club has a crap dosciplinary record, so WHY have a massive go at the ref and get sent off? I dispair! Well done to Dave Bastian for getting him away from the ref before our reputation was damaged further.

Not a great day, but perhaps a few games like this will show the powers that be that our current squad is a few players away from being good enough to push for promotion. Lovely Stuff said it perfectly - consistently inconsistent.

Good to hear some singing behind the goal in the second half as well - keep it up fellas!

Originally Posted By: ForestGump
I thought we really deserved the win - thats the best we've played in months and if you think we were crap...thats how bad we have been playing!

It looked as if none of your players were bothered and were just going through the motions really.

Maybe our win had something to do with 6 of our former players playing for you! laugh

Yes I saw one Forest fan trying to remind Tickner where he came from in the tunnel prior to the match.

Originally Posted By: ForestGump

Good call FG - I agree 100%.
Forest deserved their victory due to their general attitude which is called "wanting to win".
Looks like those 3 points will keep them up - so well done.

As for Town, I find it almost impossible to put into worrds the total change around in 4 days from the team which played so well at Sudbury. The difference was mindblowing - you had to attend BOTH games to have any idea of the change.

The crazy thing is that I actually believe we may well win next week at Canvey - that's how crazy this is.

There are some serious questions to ask in the next few weeks when the Board are thinking about next season. Something is wrong. Is it the Management, the Players or Both linked with an attitude issue when the team play at home ?

Very disappointing after the recent improvement - both in results, performances and behaviour. On the latter subject, I believe that our players should be told firmly that this poor conduct will not be tolerated any more, and consistent offenders will be shown teh door. If the management won't do it the Board should, and vice versa.

A clue to our poor season may lie in the fact mentioned above that we have six players acquired from a club that just avoided relegation. There has clealry been something wrong with the management and scouting.

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
The crazy thing is that I actually believe we may well win next week at Canvey - that's how crazy this is.

Please don't

Since our shake up at the beginning of March, we have played 5 games away ( 4 League and 1 Cup ) and are unbeaten.
League Form Away
Ware - drew
Great Wakering - won
Arlesey - won
Sudbury - won

Bet you wish you were playing us at Brimo !!

That is certainly an impressive away record of late. I saw you against Wakering and didn't think you played that well that night, but to be fair you did what you needed to to get the win.

Should be a big crowd bearing in mind the importance the game has on our season, hoping for 500+.

Anyway, I hope you all have a safe trip, and if we win the beers are on me!

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
That is certainly an impressive away record of late. I saw you against Wakering and didn't think you played that well that night, but to be fair you did what you needed to to get the win.

Should be a big crowd bearing in mind the importance the game has on our season, hoping for 500+.

Anyway, I hope you all have a safe trip, and if we win the beers are on me!

Fantastic, the word is being spread!!! beer2 beer

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Very disappointing after the recent improvement - both in results, performances and behaviour. On the latter subject, I believe that our players should be told firmly that this poor conduct will not be tolerated any more, and consistent offenders will be shown teh door. If the management won't do it the Board should, and vice versa.

A clue to our poor season may lie in the fact mentioned above that we have six players acquired from a club that just avoided relegation. There has clealry been something wrong with the management and scouting.

Does the club have a system in place for dealing with our poor disciplinary i.e fine players for red cards etc?

on anothr note we have seen too many times players who lack commitment and don't seem to bothred if they win or lose, maybe we should not pay players a wage or expenses but a bigger win bonus i.e rather than

We always lose to teams with more than 3 ex-Towns players in their sides.However poor they are against other teams.Most ex-Town players invariably leave us under a cloud or with bitter resentment at being given the elbow.As such,they raise their game by 100% when playing us.Just as Ozzie Foster did in reverse,when he had a blinder against the side that dispense of him (Sudbury).

The biggest thorn in our side is Danny Clarke.He couldn't hit a 'Cows a*rse' for us in his last season with Town,and he's pretty much the same now for Wingate, UNTIL that is,he plays Town.Then he's like a man posessed and always scores.