Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

and jesus really can walk on water..

Uncle Urchin

and run on it as well cos I have never seen so much water appear on a pitch in the space of 90 minutes in my life....

scares to start with as water is brushed off the pitch by the gallon and our very own jamie southon doing most of the work..talk of pitch inspections but the ref.. obviously under orders and understanding the importance in this the last week of league action deemed it fit to play but it wasn't as there was three inches of surface water from the start of play on the south end and another 3 inches of water in exactly the same spot by the north end as the game finished...there is obviously a serious water leakage problem down there which would explain much..

cold blustery wind blowing across the pitch and in truth not a good game as you can imagine....folkestone desperate for the three points to avoid a saturday trapdoor and urchins needing just the one point to remain with options open come saturday...

a couple of good chances for the urchins and a couple of outside half chances for the hosts was all the excitement we got tonight but another sterling and brave effort by the boyseys and onwards to saturday but..... we must await the staines result tomorrow before colin decides on his formation....could the hasbeens be making one last dash for bridge glory.. could the old unc be getting the dubbin out once more and leaving full backs in his wake....could ronnie hanley be pushing back the years in midfield and will bill le page once again grace the space 'tween the sticks....? grin

we'll find out tomorrow but in the meantime its another clean sheet and another point and 4th place secured so well done to colin and the lads and our travelling fans who were in great voice (with a little help from the mighty blue army) yay

health notice....

how the fck that ground has a premier grading I do not know and the local chavs who tried to start a fight with our lads (and the margate guys and gals) after the final whistle were as grubby..foul mouthed and feral as I have seen in many a year...

reminded me of tilbury on a bad night in january... frown

me and ratman got there 4 about 6.15 and we couldnt believe our ears the folkstone groundstaff and i presume director had no intension of playin that game last nite due to 2 massive puddles, our own staff had to beg them for forks n brooms ,i noticed jamies broom broke and the squeegy was hangin together for dear life.,thank god common sence prevailed and the referee gave it the go ahead and there own grounstaff made a decent attempt to get the pitch in some sort of playable condition so well done to them the film redemption comes to mind squeel like a piggy

Folkestone is with out doubt the worse ground in the Ryman Premier. It had no atmosphere, a lake at each end of the ground that no one could be bothered to clear until Jamie arrived on scene and promptly gave leasons in how to be a groundsman and then how to get your team out early for pre match warm up. Folestone thought is was too cold and did not turn out till about 7.10pm.

The inbreds could not afford a bar of soap between them so we were grateful for the wind last night as it blew the obvious foul smells away.I must agree they did look alike ( my father is my brother springs to mind).

Illegal's jumping off lorries look around and run on to the next town. Some look round and jump back on the next lorry going back across the channel.

Hopefully Maidstone will beat them Saturday and put them out of their misery and they can stop pretending to be a Ryman Premier side and go to pretending to be a Ryman South side.

I heard that also pagey but was going to let it go as you tend to expect it from filth and scum like that lot last night...I saw them jumping over the fence behind the bowling club and guessed there would be trouble..not a steward in sight....

I would never wish any harm on any club but if we are still in this league next season I bloody well hope they go down as I won't be going back there..

will say tho that the people in the bar and boardroom were most gracious but there is never any trouble in those warm places is there...some bugger needs to get outside on cold nights and ensure that all is in order..

I agree, the chavs were disgusting, also trying to give it large to us when we left the ground, albeit from a safe distance away. I too couldn't believe the lack of stewarding there. Felt sorry for the young ladies present too. If that sort of thing was chanted at Margate or Hornchurch the little oiks would have been out on their earholes!

Apart from that, great to see the Urchin lad and lasses again, a friendly lot. Also thanks to Pagey for his generous hospitality.

Folkestone fan up north here.

Appologies if anyone was offended by some Cheriton oiks (it's not real Folkestone). There's genuine surprise on our forum:-

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2372&mforum=fifc

As for the condition of the ground. Well we've not been throug the best of times. It's been a neat ground for a long time, but various events (main stand roof in a storm; Folkestone end loos fire) hasn't helped.

Usually Folkestone is a nice place to visit. You just didn;t get the best fo nights (weatehr or game by the sound of it).

Hoepfully we'll see you next season, Maidstone permitting.

thank you for coming on here...it wasn't the best experience that we have had this year but we'll get over it...someone needs to do something about a few things there but having said that the staff were friendly and welcoming and the pies and pastries excellent as was the hospitality in the bar and the boardroom...

someone needs to wake up and get tough with these pr1cks before it tarnishes a good decent club...

oh and get the waterboard to sort out the leaking mains pipe that runs under the pitch... grin

At least someone from Folkestone heard them.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to think the foul mouth yobs were anything to do with Folkestone Football Club as with the Chelmsford lot.

I believe the Urchins and Margate fans restrained themselves from getting involved and were a credit to both clubs.

It's still being discussed on our (Folkestone) forum, so you can tell it was a bit out of the ordinary.

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2372&mforum=fifc

This is with our most vital game since, er, this time last season, coming up.

As for the ground, it's been exactly the same since I started watching the old Folkestone Town club 30 years ago. Yes, it's looking tired (although well painted!), but it certainly was one of the better non-league grounds back in the 1970's. It's just that everyone elses grounds have got better.

glad u took our comments on board and by know meens were we havin a pop at folkstone just the moronic few ,im sure they will rear there ugly heads for your massive must win game against maidstone and good luck to u, im sure the moron problem will be dealt with in house ,its a shame as a lot of young families tend to watch this level of footie and be a shame to lose them because of the idiot few,think of the revenue lost as well