Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Things that make you go Mmmmmmmmmm

Claire!

Quote:
whether the CJS is chivalrous. Very interesting it was too.

Bloody feminists whinging, the whole bloomin world is patriarchal, not enough attention is paid to women, too much generalisations. Yeah, alright.

Did you come to the conclusion that the CJS is or isn't?

OI! I said it depended what crime you were looking at. If it is a woman commiting, for example, a crime against a child (which would be seen as against her 'maternal' nature) then the doubly deviant thesis would come into play. If however she is commiting crimes such as shoplifting which is very much a 'female crime' ie it's mainly women that commit it, then perhaps the Chivalrous thesis is applied. I also said that it doesn't just apply to 'criminals' but also to 'victims' as in the case of many rape trials where a woman's sexual history and clothes she was wearing at the time of the alleged attack can be scutinised.

and this thread takes a sudden twist!

I prefer Zzaps. Gorgeous things. Selling them in the ice cream vans in Verulamium Park the other day. Do you need a permit for those? Can you just use a car? What flavour are they? I got asked a lot, but couldn't remember. In the end, I went for a White Magnum as standard. Do they really need two? And can someone sort the swimming pool out? There's a load of ducks swimming about.