Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

london colney

Originally Posted By: Paula
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - You didn't make much of an effort to stop and chat tonight which was disappointing, you gave me the impression you didn't want to chat so as to stay in Keeper No.1 and Football Man's good books and not to be seen to be ' sleeping with the enemy '.

Horace has been known to do this before wink

smirk Hi Paula!

PTG - nice to chat with yopu again pre-match. Sorry I didn't stay at the end but all the part-timers left early (hi Willo' date=' Wader, Keeps) and only Horace joined me for an after match bevvy. Still, I'm sure there were enough match officials knocking around in the clubhouse to keep you entertained and occupied! [/quote']

Good to meet up with you all last night. Had to do a runner early as it was a 'school' night wink. Just out of interest out of the 296 games attended how many (ball park) did Rhodes get right?

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Nothing wrong in the way I hold the flag and nothing wrong with the off sides that I gave.

I beg to differ, it is certainly an unorthadox style and looks as if you are officiating at Man United v Chelsea in the Premiership in front of 75,000. As for the off side decisions you gave I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, at least it shows you are able to flag for offside when you want to. Anyway congratulations on your big night.

You mean I'm doing everything correct.

Thanks for the compliment.

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
PTG.....sorry i couldnt hang around to meet you....thought your decisions were spot on though, ignore what rhodes was saying about you!

Yeah right, there were at least two very dubious offside decisions. I was able to observe Petethegreek at close quarters this evening and the way he holds his flag out in front of him at all times during a game is weird, I've never ever seen an Assistant with that 'unique' action in well over 40 years of watching football.

well if your so good Rhodes why not use the

Horace - You didn't make much of an effort to stop and chat tonight which was disappointing, you gave me the impression you didn't want to chat so as to stay in Keeper No.1 and Football Man's good books and not to be seen to be 'sleeping with the enemy'.

i think Horace was pre-occupied trying to calm down the lady from oxhey jets

nice to see Hector....thats how to wear a suit Rhodes evil

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
nice to see Hector....thats how to wear a suit Rhodes evil

Er yes but he earns three or four times more than me, I'm not a Mandarin of Whitehall by any means.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Just out of interest out of the 296 games attended how many (ball park) did Rhodes get right?

Excluding the games that I mentioned I was going to in advance, probably about four. I sometimes think of clip Rods as a News of the World journalist in that, if he produces enough speculative stories and pie in the sky ideas, just occasionally one or two of them will happen without necessarily making him good at what he does.

How was the Rangers v Zenit game last night out of interest, did you drive up on your own or did you go with one or two of your so called friends like the chap that went to the Brimsdown Rovers v Kentish Town match last season. How did you get your ticket seeing how thousands of genuine Rangers fans missed out on seeing the game when they had no doubt been to every round leading up to the final home and away.

• 1 month later...

A lengthy piece about London Colney on the Non League Today Website today: See link below!

was a great club when they won the premier in 2002,had a team who would have beaten any of todays teams to be honest. shame to see what is happening there now. hopefully the new managers will turn the club around.

There were a bitch to play against, especially with Eammon and the other guy at the back coming up for set pieces!

come on, they were more than just a set piece side!eamonn rogers was a great player, defence and attack! they had quite a few players who should have been playing higher at the time, i think the managers had a way of keeping players at the club!

Sippets up top at that time? Just trying to remember who the tricky midfielder was.. Draper?

yeah garry sippetts and lee talbot up top, very good!

no draper was earlier colney, dave ross is the man you are thinking about.

London Colney return back for Pre-season tomorrow Tuesday 24th of June.

Training starts at 7.00 prompt at the ground, Training will be Tuesdays and Thursdays. Old and new players capable playing at South Midlands standard and beyond will be made more than welcome, Just turn up on the night