Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Edgware not joining the SSML

I have to agree. Let's keep the personal and family stuff out of it please. Although I'd just like to say that my Mrs is wonderful! drinkies

Off to Kings Lynn for the weekend - yeah I know not exactly Barcelona, but friends have a holiday cottage there and you know what, for somewhere in the sticks it's pretty good and we have a table booked in their local pub to watch the cup final. So no drinking at all this weekend!

COME ON POMPEY!

Originally Posted By: Wader
I have to agree. Let's keep the personal and family stuff out of it please. Although I'd just like to say that my Mrs is wonderful! drinkies

Off to Kings Lynn for the weekend - yeah I know not exactly Barcelona, but friends have a holiday cottage there and you know what, for somewhere in the sticks it's pretty good and we have a table booked in their local pub to watch the cup final. So no drinking at all this weekend!

COME ON POMPEY!

you dont want to see how 'other half' live then...nice Travelodge just outside N1,you dont know what you are missing!

I lived in Tottenham many many moons ago. I know what I'm missing! My very first crib - a tiny rented flat in the loft of a converted Victorian house round the corner from THFC. Shared a bathroom with the girl in the flat below!

A real dog. And the flat was [****!!****] as well ecki

COME ON POMPEY!

just had my wrist slapped by mrs keeps for posting personal stuff
she has read some of Rhodes posts and told me if they arent ammunition enough then i am as big a tit as him... chloe

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1

just had my wrist slapped by mrs keeps for posting personal stuff
she has read some of Rhodes posts and told me if they arent ammunition enough then i am as big a tit as him... chloe

She's not wrong, that Mrs Keeps!

I have to agree. Let's keep the personal and family stuff out of it please

Wader - Thanks, if he persists with that I assume you will moderate or delete his posts.

I lived in Tottenham many many moons ago. I know what I'm missing! My very first crib - a tiny rented flat in the loft of a converted Victorian house round the corner from THFC. Shared a bathroom with the girl in the flat below!

A real dog.
And the flat was [****!!****] as well ecki

OI!!! that was my wife and i got picture to prove it doggy

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: harry_up
The 'real men' who are doing the most for their club's are doing it privately without this need to feel wanted like you do

Like Mr Gregory you mean!

Yes, exactly, someone who has put more into trying to save Edgware than anyone. Privately, without a need to display what they are doing on an internet forum to gain approval from others. With a modicum of dignity that you will never, ever have.

I think i know where you get your information from, so if you think that is sufficiently reliable to comment on Edgware Town so be it. I followed my club because of an affinity and love of the club. You do whatever you do for your club to gain approval from others, that has nothing to do with supporting a football club, and everything to do with trying to build up your self-esteem.

I hope you find the adulation for your work you so desperately seek. Can't see it somehow.

Originally Posted By: harry_up
Yes, exactly, someone who has put more into trying to save Edgware than anyone

So why did Mr Gregory show Gavin the door then if that's the case, surely it wasn't in his best interests, or the Club's, to do so when it needed all the help it could get.

Originally Posted By: Banned Fan
Originally Posted By: blues06
be interesting to see where all the edgware players from last season will move to?? any news!!
My money is on Hertford Town, as I heard from the horses mouth (newing) that he would love to take the team to Hertford and replicate the success he had at Edgware but at a club with a bigger fanbase/potential then Edgware.

Steve Newing has asked me to post a reply to the above, Gavin.

He agrees that he said that if the club folded he and Del would like to take the squad to a club with ambition, "like Hertford Town".
However, he was using us as an example, but knows that we already have a manager, Dave Greenwood, for whom he has the utmost respect. He does not want to take Dave's job!

Originally Posted By: Horace
be interesting to see where all the edgware players from last season will move to?? any news!!
My money is on Hertford Town, as I heard from the horses mouth (newing) that he would love to take the team to Hertford and replicate the success he had at Edgware but at a club with a bigger fanbase/potential then Edgware.

I hope Greeny stays, he's a good bloke and deserves another season to get HTFC up.

He agrees that he said that if the club folded he and Del would like to take the squad to a club with ambition, "like Hertford Town".
However, he was using us as an example, but knows that we already have a manager, Dave Greenwood, for whom he has the utmost respect. He does not want to take Dave's job!

Originally Posted By: Horace

No problem Horace, It will be interestin to see where the Edgware players go now the club has quit the Ryman league and has all but folded.

Gavin - You've neve disclosed whether you had a smile on your face when you heard the news of Edgware Town's demise, I don't think anybody would blame you if you did after the way you were treated.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Gavin - You've neve disclosed whether you had a smile on your face when you heard the news of Edgware Town's demise, I don't think anybody would blame you if you did after the way you were treated.

I have to say that I DID and I was happy when Ware beat them on the final day and results elsewhere meant they could not make the playoffs.

It had EVERYTHING to do with the way I was treated, specially by newing and gregory, Newing making it clear I was no longer welcome for comments I made on the clubs forum and my blog site.

In hindsight its still ridiculous to ban someone for comments made on an online forum and blog site and shows just how small minded the people at the helm were.

I have no doubt that they did not want me about the club but were quite happy for me to do the dogs work when needed!

I am sure that gregory wont be involved in football again, he is going to immigrate and frankly I hold him as much responsible for the death of Edgware Town FC as I do Harrow Council for granting planning permission, had Gregory REALLY wanted to save the club he would have put into practice a saftey net whereby the club could stand on its own two feet (like many do) albeit at a lower level (the SSML IS Edgware's level) rather then throwing in the towel and calling it a day, and then bleeting about it on the BBC!

The fact he has let the club's name remain with the Middx FA is nothing more then a gesture, the club will NEVER come back, specially as it wont be at the White Lion Ground anymore, it cant sustain itself in a groundshare and from viewing the clubs fourm no one really seems to care less anyway!!!!

I AM sad to see the end of the club,I have some good memories from watching as a kid in the late 70's and the treble winning season of 06/07 which was without doubt the greatest in the club's history and one that I was lucky enough to be involved with the club before things turned sour, taking in over 50 matches during that landmark season.

as I said saftey measures should have been put in place last summer at the very latest, the club KNEW they were going to bow out, and I stand by the fact that is why some of the results towards the tail end were abysmal, after all what's the point of winning promotion if you cant accept it.

It's sad but life goes on, I just wonder where the 80 or so Edgware fans are going to go next season, I dont believe they are all going to give up watching football so who will be the lucky recipients of their support, as I said Kentish Town should be jumping on them and making them welcome.

Just a little comment from a neutral Harry Up. I was born a stones throw from Edgware and grew up and played football for most of the local clubs except yours. When I was playing Edgware were always, excuse the expression, poor neighbours with not alot of money, prestige or league status. In recent years under Steve Newing and Del Deanus they have flourished into a much respected and successful team (I can't comment on back-room matters). Its a crying shame they have folded, much like most of my previous clubs! ( Hounslow, Yeading,Kingsbury Town and soon to be Ruislip by the look of things) Football history in NW and West London is being demolished by developers. The same people who profess to back non-league football by sponsoring a club for a few years then knocking down the ground to build on.