Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Edgware not joining the SSML

Following the demise of Edgware Town I looked into the idea of forming an AFC Edgware, but due to the complete lack of interest from anyone at the club the idea is fruitless.

If Edgware had a REAL supporter base then maybe the club would not be in the posistion they find themseles, ie homeless, with no funding and forced to resgin from the Ryman League having enjoyed two of the best season's in the club's 69 year history.

Clubs such as Enfield Town were formed by supporters who refused to let the spirit of their club die even if it meant starting afresh, Edgware supporters are hardly pro active, with an average age of 50+ they are content to see their club die, I wonder though where those 50-80 people will be watching their football next season or will they just stop attending live matches.

A club like Kentish Town should be activley trying to recruite new supporters from the ashes of Edgware Town, as its only a couple of miles from the White Lion to Copthall and the standard of football is what most Edgware fans are used to ie SSML.

Not one person spoke up about trying to save Edgware, just myself for which as always I was shouted down by users on the clubs forum, where are these people, the faceless support of the club?

I WILL return to the SSML next season watching Kentish Town and renewing acquaitnes with old foes, the barmy army (all two us) will reloacte to Copthall Stadium!

As I dont follow this fourm as closely as I used to, who ARE you connected with FootballMan? you seem to have a view on EVERYTHING but I wonder if you are a player or board member and if so for whom?

Originally Posted By: Banned Fan
As I dont follow this fourm as closely as I used to, who ARE you connected with FootballMan? you seem to have a view on EVERYTHING but I wonder if you are a player or board member and if so for whom?

Gavin - You're certainly not wrong there.

Gav, Kentish Town have a vacancy for a secretary and program editor......

Gavin,

Supporters, Officilas are more than welcomed to come and watch Kentish Town FC, next season and if they wish to become more involved with the club, our officials would be more than welcomed to listen. Our future depends on attracting new helpers and supporters. Our doors will always be opened. Look forward to seeing any ex Edgware Town supporters and if any want to offer their help then just contact our office web site and we will be in touch. Good Luck.

Originally Posted By: blues06
be interesting to see where all the edgware players from last season will move to?? any news!!
My money is on Hertford Town, as I heard from the horses mouth (newing) that he would love to take the team to Hertford and replicate the success he had at Edgware but at a club with a bigger fanbase/potential then Edgware.

Hertford should be in Ryman 1 when you look at some of the clubs like Ilford/Tilbury, there is no reason why Hertford could not be a top 10 team in that league with the right manager and players.

I would be surprised if Newing stays in the Ryman, I think he will be looking for a club closer to home and that would be a SSML club, though he does live in Boreham Wood and they have got rid of Borg haven't they? but not sure if Newing would make the grade at Ryman Prem, possibly.

A lot depends on Del Deanus due to his illness as I doubt Newing will stick around in management on his own, they work well together on his own I dont think Edgware would have been half as succesfull!

No doubt Harrow Borough and Wealdstone will be sniffing around one or two Edgware players, Richard Morton was out for most of last season, but fully fit he could still be an excellent player, the likes of Rory Smith will prob be looking to hang their boots up soon, so may be happy to drop bsack to the SSML.

I expect to see at least one or two at matches against Kenitsh Town, specially if newing does join a SSML team

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Gavin,
Supporters, Officilas are more than welcomed to come and watch Kentish Town FC, next season and if they wish to become more involved with the club, our officials would be more than welcomed to listen. Our future depends on attracting new helpers and supporters. Our doors will always be opened. Look forward to seeing any ex Edgware Town supporters and if any want to offer their help then just contact our office web site and we will be in touch. Good Luck.

Thank you, I WILL be contacting the club to see if I can offer any help.

I'd go and watch them pre-season and try to get to know the people you may be working with. Then make your decision dependant on whether you like them and what would be expected of you. Best to get the full facts and everything straight before committing to anything.

I've spoken to Ian about why he left BW last time, but it was a private chat and I don't feel comfortable about repeating that on a public forum..

Some good advice there Wader, cheers smile I agree, I have sent an email to the club saying that I am willing to help them if they would like me to.

I offered my help during last season but that was after my first ban and things were all up in the air, in hindsight I should have gone to Kentish Town rather than back to Edgware, but thats all water under the brdige.

I was banned a second and final time and now the club have all but gone.

I will pop down to Copthall in Pre season and as you say check it out and see if I enjoy it and if and what I can offer the club.

'We' could do a lot worse than tap up some of the former Edgware Town players for next season, Allan Fenn take note!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Any SSMFL Premier Div club could do a lot worse than tap up some of the former Edgware Town players for next season, Allan Fenn take note!

in hindsight I should have gone to Kentish Town rather than back to Edgware, but thats all water under the brdige.

Not a truer word has been spoken on this Forum in nearly two years, you did more for the Club in a day then some people do for their Club's in a lifetime and I really thought that it was going to be a marriage made in heaven however tread very carefully when you visit the Copthall Stadium pre-season as you could well find a knife embedded in your back, no names mentioned but he posts on this board.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
in hindsight I should have gone to Kentish Town rather than back to Edgware, but thats all water under the brdige.

Not a truer word has been spoken on this Forum in nearly two years, you did more for the Club in a day then some people do for their Club's in a lifetime and I really thought that it was going to be a marriage made in heaven however tread very carefully when you visit the Copthall Stadium pre-season as you could well find a knife embedded in your back, no names mentioned but he posts on this board.

PMSL, LMFAO, LMPWND, are you still young enough to have his babies?