Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town and 1893 - merger

While you may have something of a point, I think it would be true to say that a significant majority of ETFC fans would happily vote for a merger based on any of the reconciliation scenarios proposed over recent years to both EFC and more latterly 1893- including guaranteed seats on the Board, electing representatives, etc. What's never really been clear to me is the degree to which EFC/1893 fans were able to express a view on thise propositions, or whether they were stifled for commercial reasons.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
While you may have something of a point, I think it would be true to say that a significant majority of ETFC fans would happily vote for a merger based on any of the reconciliation scenarios proposed over recent years to both EFC and more latterly 1893- including guaranteed seats on the Board, electing representatives, etc. What's never really been clear to me is the degree to which EFC/1893 fans were able to express a view on thise propositions, or whether they were stifled for commercial reasons.

There would be a need to change the constitution of the club to guarantee someone a seat on the board because as you know, board members have to be voted on.

If we want to progress that is exactly whats needed.

I meant, as I believe Bru did, that the same old thread comes up every season with no relivence other than that its close season & there is nothing else to talk about.

I am & always have been in favour of a merger, purely a personal opinion & of no relivence other than that at the present time.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
So an Olive branch, or something similar, could be offered to a 'money person' who would inject some capital into the club for a percentage of shares?

I don't believe that to be the the case. There could be no hidden agenda to change the basis on which ETFC is owned/operated. What we none of us know is whether those proposals are visible to 1893 supporters, and whether they get an opportunity to express a view on them. I'm sure that we all would be supportive of a merger that strengthened the hand of one club bearing the name and playing in the Borough. It has long seemed to me that achieving that goal is in the hands of 1893's supporters who, if they share the vision, have to act.

but here is a practical step, and for some unknown reason 1893 folks don't seem to want to do anything about it. Can we deduce from this that they do not want a merger? and the rhetoric is just that, words and no substance

personally I think that is a shame

I can not say if I am for or against a merger, as no one knows what form it would take, but I would like to understand what has been discussed and offered.

Maybe like a lot of political negotiations the actual boards of both clubs have too much at stake to negotiate in the best interests of football in Enfield, and a mediator is the way forward, if 1893 were interested, but are they?

Frankly I'm bored with all this, how many olive branches can be extended? At the end of the day, when push came to shove, some people chose to form a new club and be based in the Borough of Enfield whilst others chose to stay with the old club and base themselves in Hertfordshire. I would have to say that imho as far at the QE2 is concerned the Council should choose between Enfield based sporting organisations, not those that have some tenuous link to the borough by name only. And no, I don't think that having a 'social club' in the borough qualifies.

Originally Posted By: Enfield_Massive432
What team to you follow mate? ETFC or E1893 unless you support either i suggest you keep your opinions to yourself as you arnt even involved.
Until Lazarou moved the club to Hertfordshire, EFC, now ETFC, hence I've posted on the ETFC board. OK with you, mate?

Its a bit difficult to merge the clubs when both are at different levels . But I agree with getting both parties playing at the same location . It does make sence that a united club may some day happen if we were both at Donkey Lane .Lets face it neither will progress much furthur unless we do join forces .

A lot of fans know each other at both clubs , Why does pride have to be a continuing issue.

So an Olive branch, or something similar, could be offered to a 'money person' who would inject some capital into the club for a percentage of shares?

I don't believe that to be the the case. There could be no hidden agenda to change the basis on which ETFC is owned/operated. What we none of us know is whether those proposals are visible to 1893 supporters, and whether they get an opportunity to express a view on them. I'm sure that we all would be supportive of a merger that strengthened the hand of one club bearing the name and playing in the Borough. It has long seemed to me that achieving that goal is in the hands of 1893's supporters who, if they share the vision, have to act.

I think it would be hard for the shareholders of the club to turn someone down if they came forward with 'loads of money' to enhance the fortunes of the club.

I think it would be hard for the shareholders of the club to turn someone down if they came forward with 'loads of money' to enhance the fortunes of the club.

we need more than money to enhance the fortunes of the club, even the manager, well of 3, doesn't think we can win the league, he has set a play off place as a target!

In this democratic age, anyone coming forward with ideas, offers of help and would be welcomed, wouldn't they ???

Correct me if I am wrog but as i get around a bit i am sure I noticed there was 3 teams in the borough already. Cockfosters in the West and Brimsdown in the East with Enfield Town.

Taking into account we also have two teams playing other sports at National League level and around 200 youth and other sports teams I am sure Enfield 1893 coming back will not effect things at all.

What does effect thing is Brimsdown Rovers losing out to Enfield Town on sponsorship deals and advertising.

Originally Posted By: Brimo the cat

What does effect thing is Brimsdown Rovers losing out to Enfield Town on sponsorship deals and advertising.

yeah cos you guys had plenty of sponsership and adverstising before ETFC came along i remember them all advertised around that area of a field you called a pitch dj2