Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town and 1893 - merger

big clubs get sponsership mate so no it wouldnt happen

"We have approached Enfield (1893) and made an offer to have talks about creating just one club. There is no point having two offshoots of the old Enfield because one would be stronger and would go a long way to bring back the glory days. rEnfield is not big enough for two clubs especially as there's a limited amount of sponser"

Not my words andy the words of Paul Millington

Both clubs have ample sponsors ,Thats not an Issue .Our chairman is well connected with businesses in Enfield . If we end up playing in the same place then I doubt it would remain two clubs forever. Its the only way a united club could come about . Just a case of suck it and see. Time is a great healer .

Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
I heard it on Thursday and I said it a while back, what would have happened if Brimsdown Rovers would have been promoted to level 4?
What do you mean by that ? Explain more.

Common sense really. If there is not enough sponsorship for two Enfield teams at level 4, then would there be enough for ETFC and Brimmo?

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
so why don't some of the board or committee of 1893 become members of ETFC and stamd for election to the board of ETFC, then we would see if there is an appetite on both sides for a merger, or creation of Enfield United

Oh yes I can just see you people voting our members in . Get Real .

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
It's the subject of a splendid (pointless) row on the SSML forum, too.

As an aside, did anybody see the excellent article on the England amateur side in the NLP yesterday? Interesting to read that the succession to EFC was traced direct to ETFC.
And while persons of your nature exist MO MERGER will happen .

How boring that this gets dragged up every year with the only difference this time being that Enfield F.C. no longer exist so they don't even have the name to bring to the table anymore.

Originally Posted By: Royal Enfield
Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
so why don't some of the board or committee of 1893 become members of ETFC and stamd for election to the board of ETFC, then we would see if there is an appetite on both sides for a merger, or creation of Enfield United

Oh yes I can just see you people voting our members in . Get Real .

I put it forward as a realistic way to find an answer to the question... is it what the supporters want.

Are you saying that their is no one @ 1893 who has the bottle to stand? or that you don't have enough supporters who would vote?

or
are you saying that whilst small minded people like you are around then and talk of a merger remains that? talk and no action?

I believe that both sets of fans / clubs have been so bitterly twisted by Lazerou that there will never be a merger of the two clubs and both clubs for the next ten to twenty years will be in Ryman 1 North / ESL!

Neither club is willing to look at football within Enfield as being more important than their own club!

I can see Lazerou buying the QEII stadium and building flats on it by the end of next year...