Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town

How come it was posted there. This was the sort of thing I was urging Haringey Borough to do for their Centenary last year but 'Sugar' wasn't the slightest bit interested, the Club just went through the motions and had a tame friendly with, wait for it, London Colney and that was the long and the short of their Centenary celebrations.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
How come it was posted there.

Someone thought it would be funny to post it as in Acrington Stanley 'going for it' this season. In that context it was quite amusing as it was meant as in this is thier team line up...

Originally Posted By: Bitch
How come it was posted there.

Someone thought it would be funny to post it as in Hertford Town 'going for it' this season. In that context it was quite amusing as it was meant as in this is thier team line up...

who is to say it isnt? laugh

Bitch - It was actually Keeper No.1 who posted the excellent photo, otherwise we probably wouldn't have got to see it however typically he made a silly joke about it, as you say I bet those guys have 101 stories to tell.

Rhodes - You would have seen it if you had taken a peek at www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk ! You trawl around everywhere but never seem to visit us!

Bitch - bootyshake

They told their stories to HTFCew, and will be published in her book! She'll no doubt sell you one when it's out.

Originally Posted By: Horace
They told their stories to HTFCew, and will be published in her book! She'll no doubt sell you one when it's out.

I dont buy something that is free to the history of football. But, thanks all the same smile

Bitch - I'm sure HTFew would give you a book for free or else offer an attractive discount for Forum members, I would certainly be interested in one.

Not sure i understand that reply, but perhaps I'll treat you to a copy when it's out! smile

Originally Posted By: Horace
Not sure i understand that reply, but perhaps I'll treat you to a copy when it's out! smile

My reply Horace meant that i wont pay for something that will be in the annuls of football history. If HTFCew is looking to make a penny or two from it all well and good but i wont subscribe to it.

P.S You can treat me anytime wink

Originally Posted By: Bitch

My reply Horace meant that i wont pay for something that will be in the annuls of football history. If HTFCew is looking to make a penny or two from it all well and good but i wont subscribe to it.

It will only become part of the annals of football history when I finish it and get it published. The actual cost of getting it published will be considerable and I have to find it - not easy when you live on a pension. IF it ever makes any profit (and that could take a few years), that will go to the club, not me.

• 1 month later...

HTFCew or Horace - I see that you have appointed a new Chairman, what's the story. He looks barely old enough to shave:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/hertfordshiremercury-sport/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=338067

• 1 month later...

Horace - You certainly kept this news quiet from everyone:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=52370

Horace - You certainly kept this news quiet from everyone:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=52370

I knew about it.

Quote:

One of their clashes revolved around the new chairman striking a deal with a Ware-based church side, All Saints, to play at Hertingfordbury Park on Saturday mornings - a move that was vetoed by the committee.

Enfield Til It Died - Yes this was the bit that amused me

I see there is a substantial article in the Hertfordshire Mercury, it would seem that Hertford Town haven't come out of their former Chairman's brief appointment smelling of roses as he didn't seem to have a clue:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/hertfordshiremercury-sport/

• 2 weeks later...