Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town

I heard that Billy O'Driss has parted company with hertford. Is that true and if so, why? Strange on the back of dominating the reserve division.

From Hertford Town Wedsite

duck

RESERVES DISBANDED FOR 2008/9

In a decision taken at the committee meeting on Wednesday 11 June, the Club caused a shock by withdrawing it's Reserve Team from the SSMFL. Faced with the resignation of the secretary, Christine O'Driscoll, and uncertainty about the continued involvement of Manager Billy O'Driscoll, the committee unanimously decided to withdraw the side ahead of the League AGM to be held on Saturday 14 June. It was hoped that this would minimise the fine imposed by the League for late withdrawal.

The decision was particularly disappointing as the Reserves had been hugely successful since their reformation in 2005. First team manager Dave Greenwood, and coach Dave Steedman were present at the meeting, and stressed that any Reserve Team player who wished to stay on and try for a First Team place should report for pre-season training on Tuesday 24 June.

Digby - Rhodes gets slated for lifting stuff from other people's sites and posting it on here! And doesn't Greg Dyke have first dibs on the duck? (or are you actually Greg Dyke?)

Originally Posted By: Horace
Digby - Rhodes gets slated for lifting stuff from other people's sites and posting it on here! And doesn't Greg Dyke have first dibs on the duck? (or are you actually Greg Dyke?)

Just trying to help people as it also mentioned about training starting which everyone still doesnt seem to know about, even though mentioned on numerous sites on here, people are still asking whats going on

Originally Posted By: digby
From Hertford Town Wedsite

duck

RESERVES DISBANDED FOR 2008/9

In a decision taken at the committee meeting on Wednesday 11 June, the Club caused a shock by withdrawing it's Reserve Team from the SSMFL. Faced with the resignation of the secretary, Christine O'Driscoll, and uncertainty about the continued involvement of Manager Billy O'Driscoll, the committee unanimously decided to withdraw the side ahead of the League AGM to be held on Saturday 14 June. It was hoped that this would minimise the fine imposed by the League for late withdrawal.
The decision was particularly disappointing as the Reserves had been hugely successful since their reformation in 2005. First team manager Dave Greenwood, and coach Dave Steedman were present at the meeting, and stressed that any Reserve Team player who wished to stay on and try for a First Team place should report for pre-season training on Tuesday 24 June.

HERTFORD TOWN

IS THE BLOKE WITH THE M&S BAG THE RESERVE STRIKER HORACE? laugh

digby -keeper No1 is nothing to do with Hertford Town and is just trying to be clever!

They are all former players who attended the Hanwell Town game as part of our Centenery Celebrations. If you are a player, think on this - they were all slim, fit young blokes once! Enjoy your youth while you can!

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
"M&S bagman" is Johnny Higgs - a star of the 60s team which won the Herts Senior Cup amongst other things. He has an amazing memory and lots of stories to tell about those days.

hope i can still afford to shop at M&S at that age laugh
Joking aside, they look in good health and nice to see the club still appreciates them

Originally Posted By: digby
I think it's great when you see photo's of the older players and hear their stories and memories of how things use to be, what history!

Sometimes the history dies with them... I knew an old fella that lived to over 100, he was an avid follower of local footy. His brain was sharp right up to the end. These old fellas deserve the respect thier stories tell, the history they were part of is imparted to us.

I loved seeing that photo. I'm just surprised Horace wasnt in it grin - Only joking Horace bisou

Bitch - It was actually Keeper No.1 who posted the excellent photo, otherwise we probably wouldn't have got to see it however typically he made a silly joke about it, as you say I bet those guys have 101 stories to tell.