Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town

Originally Posted By: Jack Sparrow
According to the Herts Mercury website, tonights match against Tring was Dave Greenwood's last match as manager

Jack Sparrow - What I can't understand is why Horace or HTFCew don't come on to explain away the Club's plight, first the Chairman and now the Manager:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/hertfordshiremercury-sport/

Is there any truth in the rumour that Horace has severed ties with Hertford Town, I hope that's not the case.

Well nobody formally announced it on here as far as I'm aware.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Is there any truth in the rumour that Horace has severed ties with Hertford Town, I hope that's not the case.

I knew weeks ago, but then I actually talk to people rather than at them. Makes a difference apparently, you should try it sometime.

Last weeks Mercury reported that the Vice Chairman had stepped down from his position. It said nothing about severing ties completely. From his point of view, he kept bailing the club out after a succession of Chairmen were appointed & then left. You have to give him full credit for putting that much effort & money in & it's only fair to understand why he has become disillusioned.

Let's hope he will still show an interest in the SSML & that he enjoys his Football without the hassle.

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Last weeks Mercury reported that the Vice Chairman had stepped down from his position. It said nothing about severing ties completely. From his point of view, he kept bailing the club out after a succession of Chairmen were appointed & then left. You have to give him full credit for putting that much effort & money in & it's only fair to understand why he has become disillusioned.
Let's hope he will still show an interest in the SSML & that he enjoys his Football without the hassle.

I hope so too - he is the league website coordinator!

It's people like him that keep the non league football world going round. Pockets can only go so deep.

Last weeks Mercury reported that the Vice Chairman had stepped down from his position. It said nothing about severing ties completely

Syd Lexic - That's right, I certainly didn't expect Horace to walk away and I can only assume that the situation at the Club really got his goat for that to happen.

H did indeed announce that he was stepping away from Hertford Town to quite a lot of people, but understandably not through this forum or through its PM system.

His decision and his reasons are his own and should be respected, but now the news is out on here I see that Syd has already started questioning those reasons. Well, perhaps he has told those that matter and that is amply good enough for those of us that have offered him our best wishes, thanks and support.

He did say that he would continue with his official SSML duties and most of us very much hope to see him soon perhaps at a match and for a pint and certainly at a half season gathering.

Where does that leave HTFCew, Horace was her staunchest ally in every department.

Originally Posted By: Wader

His decision and his reasons are his own and should be respected, but now the news is out on here I see that Syd has already started questioning those reasons. Well, perhaps he has told those that matter and that is amply good enough for those of us that have offered him our best wishes, thanks and support.

Wader, I didn't think I questioned his reasons at all. I fully understand & appreciate why he has stood down. It's very sad that it has come to this & if it wasn't for him Hertford Town would have been in trouble some considerable time ago.
As I said before I hope he goes on to enjoy his football without the stresses now. The day it becomes a chore or a bind is the day to walk away, because it should all be about enjoyment. I wish him the best of luck.

bob got sucked into it all too much and thats a shame but when that happens its time to bail out..I didn't like his snide comments on these forums but thats subjective and any person that holds a club together gets my respect everytime....

I hope he is at peace with it all and that he can now sleep at night....I also hope that he has ensured that HTFC is in good hands..

Horace would be very welcome at the Boro to watch a game or join the revolution..

Originally Posted By: Wader
H did indeed announce that he was stepping away from Hertford Town to quite a lot of people, but understandably not through this forum or through its PM system.

He did say that he would continue with his official SSML duties and most of us very much hope to see him soon perhaps at a match and for a pint and certainly at a half season gathering.

There's a lot of coverage of Hertford Town's surprise defeat at Haringey Borough in the Tottenham Journal today:

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/content/haringey/tottenhamjournal/sport/

Originally Posted By: onekeown
Horace would be very welcome at the Boro to watch a game or join the revolution..

Have you heard the rumour about the coup being organised then? laugh

Originally Posted By: blues06
Think Bigg Town look like doin well out of Hertfords demise!!

One 7 day approach per month?