Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

Special1 - You're your own worst enemy at times, had you swallowed your pride and brought Hector to the Club instead of him going to Kentish Town you would have probably been in the Premier Division this season or certainly where Royston Town are at the moment.

As for the Hatfield game, I'm glad we are famous for our skill and fitness but we faced Hatfield with only 11 players and 2 goalkeepers on the pitch. Hatfield were lucky to not have their no.9 sent off as he clearly elbowed my left back and only received a yellow. We did well to hold out as long as we did and despite being low on personnel we created the better chances in the first half. Hatfield were getting more and more frustrated as the game went on and they were unable to score. The release for them came just before the end of the 1st half and despite coming close several times for the equaliser, it was always going to be difficult especially as one of our players was injured and no one available to replace him. Hatfield Town have a hospitable committee, even volunteering to collect one of our players from the station. Not so warm welcoming was the Welwyn changing room showers which were freezing cold.

The most disappointing thing about the night though were the lovely 'partisan' comments directed to our players from the few trash in the crowd including a play on my midfielder's name: Diego. A look from me was enough to abate the coward. Ignorance is bliss in Welwyn at this time of year. Doh!

special1- i know that being in charge of your 'side' you are going to be a tad biased but to be honest, i dont really know what game you were watching from the above comments!

1st of all, the hatfield number 9 was booked for a kick, not an elbow, the booking very harshly given in opinion of the fair few people who attended the game. this was the same number 9 who had been kicked off the ball by your number 5 who im pretty sure the Hatfield Town chairman indeed went out of his way to pick up from the train station, and also it was the same number 9 who was brought down mins earlier for the most obvious of penalties, but that is another matter.

indeed your players are skillful, you have some good individuals but i thought some of the things that were being shouted by a couple of your players, when understood were bordering on obscene!

the game was never in any danger of going your way, infact the general feeling was 3-0 flattered yourselves? after the much talked about number 9 scored the 1st goal there was only going to be one winner.

As for the comments made to your player Diego, myself being included in the 'trash', u have that wrong aswell, they were in no way partisan, infact more playful. diego didnt help himself by slapping the ball out of the hand of our left backs hand when about to take a throw in.

the showers could not be helped and apologies were made before the game.

It does look as though ignorance isn't only bliss in Welwyn!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

3 3 Sport London e Benfica v Arlesey Athletic

An anorak was at Reynolds Field last night, it sounded a good game:

Spartan South Midlands League Division One

SPORT LONDON E BENFICA 3 (Ferreira 7p Djalo 8 De Matos 83)
ARLESEY ATHELIC 3 (Kiddie 5 Thorne 23 Randall 47)

Att 16
Entry and Programme

Tonight's results, I wonder how long it will take Oracle and Bilbo to come on:

Premier Division

0 4 Aylesbury Vale v Biggleswade Town

3 3 Leverstock Green v Chalfont St Peter

1 2 Welwyn Garden City v Cockfosters

Division One

3 1 Royston Town v Winslow United

My player's shiner would say otherwise unless he kicked him that high.

As for the name calling, I assume you don't really mean that you include yourself in the racist comments made by the local 'university' crowd. The derogatory term used I can only assume u haven't worked out yet, as I don't believe that you would not be that foolish as to link yourself to this type of abuse, let alone call it 'playful'.

The 'playful' comments on the pitch, however, we get all the time. Unfortunately, the tabloid press have a big readership that are easily lead and follow they must, like sheep to the pen. ( A Cantona moment - I apologise ). When players resort to these type of comments its shows a weakness in their character, similar to a bully at school who thinks that he can cover up his fear of being rejected if he doesn't follow his mates.

I have a lot of time and respect for your ex-player manager and your chairman and what your team has achieved in recent times. I hope you do get promoted but please do not confuse the team you faced on Monday with our first 11. The team is hopefully returning and I look forward to getting them fully fit and playing in the coming weeks. If possible, there should be a marked difference in our results. I hope your team goes on, putting more pressure on the other title contenders. As for the 'trash' at the match? Them you can do without!

3 3 Leverstock Green v Chalfont St Peter

Despite being 3-0 down it sounds like Chalfont should have still won the game:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20090312

Went to the 3-3 game last night, a cracking match and I reckon that pretty much eliminates Chalfont from the title race. I think the Vase will become their priority and, with the amount of games needed to catch up, they'll probably fall a bit short.

Before yesterday's game I was hoping that Chalfont would win the Vase as consolation for Harefield winning the league. After last night though I hope they get well and truly gubbed by Glossop. The Chalfont bench, coaches/manager/players...the whole shooting match, were petulant, foul mouthed and classless.

The referee and linesmen all had good games, easily seen as a neutral, but some of the abuse to the linesman near the end of the game by the whole bench was appalling and a discredit to the Club.

I'm sure these same upstarts will be moaning about the quality of referees (generally after a defeat) but if they continue with that sort of attack on people doing a good job for bugger all money, they'll soon get what they deserve...worse referees because no sod will want to do it.

Well done to the officials from yesterday's game, you did a top job. Chalfont bench....classless. As one of Leverstock's officials said at the end of the game, "what's the point of printing the 'respect' stuff in the programme?"

Come on Glossop, stuff 'em. Don't want to see that lot get to Wembley.

0 6 Kentish Town v Tring Athletic

The match report from Tring's Website, hold on to your hats:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1012

Samuel..not disputed what you saw and heard but all benches are the same when things aren't going well. I happened to be next to the Harefield bench during the home defeat to Hertford and some of the language and abuse being directed at the officials was to quote you 'petulant, foul mouthed and classless'

So much for the respect campaign then.

The officials bring it on themselves by not nipping it in the bud. Instead they ignore it and end up giving decisions their way just to keep the peace and giving them reason to do the same in the next game, and the next and the next....

You're absolutely right Lato, that's the sad thing, it happens at all grounds all over the country every day. Harefield too.

It was just put into perspective last night though because, as a neutral, you can take an impartial and more rational view of the decisions being made by the referee and linesmen. They were fine last night but were abused beyond any reasonable level.

The Leverstock bench was pretty poor in it's attitude to the officials but, at one point, near the end of the game, the Chalfont bench just 'ganged up' on the poor bloody linesman. It was like a bloody breakout at an Essex Zoo monkey house.

Ah, whatever, just chuck 'em some nuts...maybe that'll keep 'em quiet. UP THE GLOSSOP!!

flowersmile

Originally Posted By: Special1

The officials bring it on themselves by not nipping it in the bud. Instead they ignore it and end up giving decisions their way just to keep the peace and giving them reason to do the same in the next game, and the next and the next....

You won't do yourself any favours for suggesting that, I don't think it's the case at all. You have a long track record of strange accusations such as New Bradwell St Peter hiding match balls in their dugout to waste time.

You won't do yourself any favours for suggesting that, I don't think it's the case at all. You have a long track record of strange accusations such as New Bradwell St Peter hiding match balls in their dugout to waste time.

is that as strange as accusing Brache Sparta of deliberatly cutting their pitch up to prevent their opponents playing. I seem to recall that accusation being made somewhere.

So much for the respect campaign then.

So you'll keep hurling abuse at the officials at each game....and the next....and the next. If it makes you feel better....

buck rogers, after they beat the Hares a few weeks back I thought they had a really good chance of getting close but, even though they are an excellent team, I just can't see them winning all the games in hand now to get close enough.

It would be good to be crowned champions at home on the 11th April but, being a pessimist..I don't know.

If the Hares beat Hanwell tomorrow it will be a knockout blow for them and then maybe it could happen. But, as I say, I am a pessimist so promotion at any time would be great.