Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

MK James was at this one yesterday and Oxhey Jets Website is nicely up to date:

Spartan South Midlands League Prem

Oxhey Jets 0 Aylesbury Vale 0

Admission

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

mind you....the player didn't do himself any favours complaining about the music on the way back to the dressing room...grin

The lad was too young to know who Coldplay are grin

Wish I didn't know who Coldplay were!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

2 1 Tring Athletic v Cockfosters
Attendance 82

I expect Cockfosters were disappointed at not getting anything from this game:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=995

unfortunatly i agree with you the hares didnt do themselves justice, and may now have choked at the last hurdle.They will now have to win all their remaining games,and rely on another team to help them out.

As for the sending off the discription for the challenge should have been careless/ yellow card .not reckless/red card.the ref re-acted to the crowd pity he didnt do the same when the waders no 2 should have had a second booking and walked.

all that said the better team on the day won

Tonight's results

Premier Division

2 1 Kentish Town v Aylesbury Vale

Attendance 17

Division One

1 2 Kings Langley v Royston Town

Attendance 100

the picture only shows that there was a tackle , not if it was intentional, or done with any malice.so a bit mellow dramatic posting it on the forum and you might say misleading.should the club appeal against the sending off.The ref should have stood back and taken a second to think about his next action. but he couldnt wait to get out the red card.

1 2 Kings Langley v Royston Town
Attendance 100

An anorak from another's Forum was at this one tonight, amazingly he fails to give Craig Hammond a mention who is on fire at present:

SSML Division One
Kings Langley 1 Royston Town 2
Entry:

Originally Posted By: buck rogers
the picture only shows that there was a tackle , not if it was intentional, or done with any malice.so a bit mellow dramatic posting it on the forum and you might say misleading.should the club appeal against the sending off.The ref should have stood back and taken a second to think about his next action. but he couldnt wait to get out the red card.

Misleading? It's a photograph for pity sakes! The picture shows that boot contact was made. That's it.

Of course I could have put the video evidence on YouTube, but you might have thought that prejudicing any appeal. Perhaps the ref might like to use it if you do appeal, along with the video of the player swearing at the Directors on his way to the changing room?

Your call.

(Shame you didn't want to comment on the match)

Spartan South Midlands

Premier League

Tuesday 31st March 2009

Hertford Town 1 - Cockfosters 1

Much needed point for Cockfosters tonight, game of two halfs, although Hertford did hit the woodwork with a penalty as well, their pitch not good but playable, not bad at all after being under all that water, as for the fans, they sang well, no problem with them at all, good fans that get behind their team like all home supporters should, and as for their players, well both teams were out there to play football.

Well done to both teams

This evening's results:

Premier Division

2 0 Chalfont St Peter v Holmer Green

0 2 Hanwell Town v Biggleswade Town

4 2 Harefield United v Biggleswade United

1 2 Haringey Borough v Welwyn Garden City

1 1 Hertford Town v Cockfosters

0 2 Tring Athletic v Leverstock Green

Division One

4 3 Brache Sparta v Stony Stratford Town

7 0 Cranfield United v Tokyngton Manor

0 4 Sun Postal Sports v Harpenden Town

1 0 Winslow United v Buckingham Athletic

Division Two

3 0 Tring Corinthians v Mursley United

wader you didnt read my previous comment completly then?

and as for the tackle as i said contact was made but not having eyes in the back of your head doesnt mean you deliberately kicked someone. or is it just the blinkers worn by onlookers that stop you being objective about nothing less than careless tackle as i said before.

As for tonights game biggleswade utd didnt come to roll over and die they actually took the lead twice tonight, at half time the scores were 2-2 and a call to Hanwell Town asking for an update on the score the young lady happyly gave the score as 1-0 to hanwell!!!!

spured on Harefield then pushed forward and had several chances before wrapping up the 3 points. Then another call and guess what Biggleswade town have won 2-0 so everything stays the same.

i can see my phone getting a bashing last game of the season....

This evening's results:

Division One
4 3 Brache Sparta v Stony Stratford Town

What the fook happened here?????? Brache score 4 goals and cranfield spank tokyngton!!!???

Originally Posted By: Jonno
This evening's results:

Division One

What the fook happened here?????? Brache score 4 goals and cranfield spank tokyngton!!!???

Fairly even first half. Cranfield scored early and late to go in 2-0, probably not 2 goals better.

Second half - Cranfield played some really, really good football and TM self destructed. Whatever their Manager said to gee them up at half time backfired spectacularly!

Sjj2112 - So were you at Crawley Road this evening then, you didn't indicate that you were planning to attend when we last had contact on Facebook. Cranfield United are no mugs on their day, as was obviously the case tonight, and in Craig Connell have one of the best Managers at this level of the game, very underated and innovative in his never say die approach.

I have a lot of time for Cranfield, nice club and always treated really well when ive travelled there. Having said that, they have been really poor on the pitch every time ive seen them so I have to say I didnt see this result coming!!

Originally Posted By: digby
Spartan South Midlands
Premier League
Tuesday 31st March 2009

Hertford Town 1 - Cockfosters 1

Much needed point for Cockfosters tonight, game of two halfs, although Hertford did hit the woodwork with a penalty as well, their pitch not good but playable, not bad at all after being under all that water, as for the fans, they sang well, no problem with them at all, good fans that get behind their team like all home supporters should, and as for their players, well both teams were out there to play football.

Well done to both teams

Think that summed up the game in a nutshell Digby, yet again we ran out of steam in the second half and deserved the final result, great banter with your keeper as ever, very enjoyable night overall and a pleasure to compete against a team that wasn't out to kick lumps out of our players.....and with no screaming psychos running amok abusing our old folk! looking forward to playing you again next season Digby.

Originally Posted By: sjj2112
Originally Posted By: Jonno
This evening's results:

Division One

Fairly even first half. Cranfield scored early and late to go in 2-0, probably not 2 goals better.

Second half - Cranfield played some really, really good football and TM self destructed. Whatever their Manager said to gee them up at half time backfired spectacularly!

Well summed up, a very bad day at the office.

0 2 Tring Athletic v Leverstock Green

Once again Tring show how inconsistant they are:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20090331