Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

Under estimate Cranfield at your peril. We have lost only once since December and I think you'll find were 1st or 2nd in form table for March.

The team is very different from that which started the team and now have a blend of youth and experience which is working well.

Another game on Thursday against Royston which will obviously be a tough one but they will have to do more than just turn up to beat us.

Originally Posted By: buck rogers

As for tonights game biggleswade utd didnt come to roll over and die they actually took the lead twice tonight, at half time the scores were 2-2 and a call to Hanwell Town asking for an update on the score the young lady happyly gave the score as 1-0 to hanwell!!!!

I was getting updates from your match but I wasn't telling our management or team what was happening. At one point I thought Bigg Utd were going to do us a favour but your strengths clearly told in the end. Long way to go yet for us and particularly Chalfont. Still all open and an exciting finish to come hopefully.

(I got a bit stroppy about the sending off at our place simply because the player swore at us. Don't like that kind of stuff from players, never have and never will - he let your club down with that crass behaviour. As for the sending off itself, that kind of stuff happens and I wasn't upset with the challenge at all - I don't believe it was intentional).

How about this for a long range goal against Hanwell

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

0 2 Hanwell Town v Biggleswade Town

An anorak called Barnsley Dave was at this one last night:

Hanwell Town 0-2 Biggleswade Town SSML Premier
Admission

Wheres Rhodes?

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

RESULTS WEDNESDAY 1st APRIL 2009

PREMIER DIVISION

New Bradwell St Peter 3-5 AFC Dunstable

Brimsdown Rovers 4-1 Aylesbury Vale

Kentish Town 1-1 Oxhey Jets

DIVISION ONE

Bedford Town Reserves 1-0 Crawley Green

Hoddesdon Town 1-0 London Colney

Sport London e Benfica 3-1 Amersham Town

RESERVE DIVISION TWO EAST

The 61 FC (Luton) 4-2 Kent Athletic

Wodson Park 1-1 Hatfield Town

RESERVE DIVISION TWO WEST

Aylesbury Vale 0-1 Risborough Rangers

Originally Posted By: digby

Wheres Rhodes?

Digby - Thanks for posting the results, you're after my job aren't you but I'm not sure how the New Bradwell St Peter v AFC Dunstable game slipped in.

i was at the hanwell vs biggs town game and im being as honest as i can, before biggs scored hanwell should of been 4 up easily with 2 headers a 1 on 1 and a 7 yard shot, but fair play to biggs town they are a organised team and i hope they win the league, manager of biggs said at final whistle to hanwell manager that was a smash and grab for us tonite... go on the biggs town.

I gather there was a monster brawl at the game with a couple of minutes remaining following a 'criminal' tackle by a Benfica player, two Benfica players and one from Amersham were dismissed. Hopefully Special1 will come on to give his version of events.

another good result ground out for us tonight. Nice to see but just makes you even angrier about all the silly points dropped when you see what might have been. Inconsistency is a BITCH!!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I gather there was a monster brawl at the game with a couple of minutes remaining following a 'criminal' tackle by a Benfica player, two Benfica players and one from Amersham were dismissed. Hopefully Special1 will come on to give his version of events.

No doubt his players were verbally and physically abused, not protected by the referee etc etc blah blah duck

The incident happened well into injury-time and would not have reached this point if the linesman and referee had dealt with the AWAY bench appropriately and finished on time.

Throughout the game, but especially when we came back from being 0-1 down, the coach and manager hurled abuse at our players - pr*cks being the favourite word used on the night. This in full earshot of the linesman as he run the line in front of them. Nothing done. Abuse is hurled in the direction of our bench, the linesman decides it is more important to tell us to sit down instead of dealing with the bench right next to him.

Sure enough the third goal killed it for them and a tackle that cleanly cut out the ball was dealt with by dishing out a second yellow. While the player was on the ground he was pounced upon by members of the Amersham team and another of our players received a red card for defending his team-mate. Had my player not been attacked whilst on the floor, there would have been no need for my player to get involved and get punished for it.

We had a healthy group of non-Benfica football fanatics visiting our game yesterday and all bar none could not understand the referee's reaction to the incident and non-action to the incidents described previously.

Had we lost, our admirers e.g. Jonno, NF, Rhodes would put it down to sour grapes ...

3 more points, 3 wins from 4.

Well done Special 1. Good to see you're picking up results.

Message for South Mids fan and x-man. Retire already!!!

You two must be in your 40's by now!! One hundred and 40's!! Keep up the good work. I often look down on you from the UCL. ha ha.

By the way x-man, I saw the photo's of a recent game that you played in on another website. You still look quite good, and are still using your left foot!! Bren's tummy paunch though!!

Originally Posted By: Special1

Had we lost, our admirers e.g. Jonno, NF, Rhodes would put it down to sour grapes ...
where did that come from?? I dont think ive ever passed comment on your club in the 2 years that ive been a member of this forum.