Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Loyalty Overdone

OldTowner

Several comments on the Sudbury link relate to the Cup Final tonight and the team selection.

Most ( if not all ) comments from supporters of the team suggest that the team selection should be TODAY'S TEAM not last seasons left-overs who might or might not get in the starting eleven on Saturday v Maldon.

It is not about the Players from last season "being rewarded" it is about THE CLUB picking up ( or having a good go ) a Trophy.

What's your view on this loyalty issue ?

I would suggest that playing something close to this season's first team would be sensible, as it gives us 90 minutes of competitive football before the season proper kicks off. That said, many of the players retained from last season should be pushing to get into this season's first team anyway, so personally, I don't think it's that big an issue.

Totally agree with OT. As I stated on another thread. History will only show what side won the cup, not whether a club played last season's players. WE must go all out and win to get the season off to a good start!

I'm with Mr Happy and OT. We have many new first teamers and a new management. Personally stick last season which i'd rather forget about in all honesty. It's a competitive game that this seasons and this Saturdays team could benefit from with THE real first team should be selected. Plus theirs a cup to be won.