Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round Games

Wembley 1-1 Royston Town

I felt Royston should have won this game. They dominated the first half and had half a dozen chances late on to snatch the game. The home side had the first 20 mins of the 2nd half and had one shot in the whole game which got them an equaliser.

Think Town will be disappointed they didn't go theough but was a good day with a Replica FA Cup, TV Camera's and FA Cheif Exec Brian Barwick making an apperance

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: royals26
... and what on earth happened to Hertford?

Royal26 - Good to see you haven't been got at. According to the report Hertford Town got what they deserved, where are you off to today:

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/oxhey_facup.htm

Horace i luv your match report on the tonking! Especially the bit about the players shouting at each other. The oppo luv that kind of thing too! grin

Originally Posted By: blues06
First half brox should have been 4-0 up!!! second half the home side got into it, but only looked dangerous from balls punted into the box which u would expect from a team of 11 country boys all 6 ft plus!! comfortable win i thought

Interesting point of view. I personally thought they were very lucky to be leading at half time. It was definitely a penalty, but the Broxbourne keeper had to make a number of good saves. Second goal on the break was to be expected against a side seeking an equaliser.

I certainly wouldn't have called it a comfortable win.

this is the joy of football, opinions!! the pen was never a pen, won the ball all day long, as the pen taker tho i werent complaining!! Our number 9 had 2 one on ones, our number 10 had 2 good chances as did our number 7 who missed an open goal!!

Think our keeper only had to make 1 decent save in the first half from a good downward header!!

But we'l take the win, however it came!!

Check out today's crowds!!! Superb

A. Cup

0 2 Brimsdown Rovers v Hatfield Town [ Extra Preliminary Round ]

Attendance 223

KO 3 pm

1 1 Kentish Town v Wellingborough Town [ Extra Preliminary Round ]

Attendance 179

Replay Tuesday 19th 7.45 pm

1 0 Kingsbury London Tigers v Eton Manor [ Extra Preliminary Round ]

Attendance 108

3 0 Romford v Biggleswade Town [ Extra Preliminary Round ]

Attendance 123

I wonder how many did the Kingsbury and Kentish Town double header, quite a few I bet.

Originally Posted By: blues06
this is the joy of football, opinions!! the pen was never a pen, won the ball all day long, as the pen taker tho i werent complaining!! Our number 9 had 2 one on ones, our number 10 had 2 good chances as did our number 7 who missed an open goal!!
Think our keeper only had to make 1 decent save in the first half from a good downward header!!
But we'l take the win, however it came!!

Couldn't agree more with that comment!

Good luck in the next round.

Originally Posted By: GRS67

0 2 Brimsdown Rovers v Hatfield Town
Attendance 223

1 1 Kentish Town v Wellingborough Town
Attendance 179

1 0 Kingsbury London Tigers v Eton Manor [ Extra Preliminary Round ]
Attendance 108

Some reports on another's Forum, interesting comments on the programme from the Kentish Town game:

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=117243

Originally Posted By: sjj2112
it finished Long Buckby 0 Broxbourne Borough 2

A nice piece about Broxbourne Borough from the Non League Today Website:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=51982

The half time score at Wellingborough Town in the replay was still 0-0.

2-0 Wellingborough won posted on other thread. Royston seem to be justifying early season predictions of winners of Div 1 thus far. After seeing other results between Spartan and Combined Counties teams in the last couple of years does the Premier of the Combined Counties really justisfy a Step 5 ranking?

I think not, maybe I should have opened another thread for a debate.

In case anyone's interested these are the stats from last season's Vase and FAC (copied from a post on TK site)

LGE/DIV P W L Pct

---------------------------------

EASTP 90 53 37 .59

NL1 107 63 44 .59

WESSP 88 51 37 .58

KENT 64 36 28 .56

MID 100 56 44 .56

NCEP 83 45 38 .54

UCLP 85 45 40 .53

WESTP 86 44 42 .51

SUSS1 71 36 35 .51

COCOP 88 44 44 .50

ESL 55 27 28 .49

SSMP 81 38 43 .47

NWC1 73 34 39 .47

HELLP 69 31 38 .45

It clearly has the CCL above SSMP

you could say that about the SSMP, because Bedfont bashed Haringay 3-1, listen all teams have off days, theres nothing between the two leagues, there both step 5 and thats what they should be, maybe Royston are a step 5 club now playing in step 6.

Yes Roston ran out of games last season or they would be step 5 this year. No doubt they will next. Also midweek thats quite far for Wembley to go so may not have been full strength. However, Wembley did admit they were lucky to get a replay.

To be fair the lower half isn't great. Few poor but mainly average step 5 sides, however I think the top 2-3 are better than in the SSMP.