Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Time 4 Excuse's

OldTowner

As usual we Towners need to find some excuse's for the drubbing last night, so here goes :-

The Pitch - No, the playing surface looked perfect.

The Ref - No, he had a reasonable game.

The Lino's - No, they did their job okay.

The Balls - No, all used looked okay.

The Weather - No, it did rain, but hey this is summer.

The Coach was late - No, there was no team coach.

It was Tuesday - No, there is one every week.

The other Team - YES, they played as a team and used their team-work to great effect.

So what excuse can we find ?

How about a collection of individual players wearing the same kit portraying to be "a team" with no cohesion, no ability and no understanding of the game. Oh and NO guts or determination.

What the hell have this collection of Players been doing since the start of pre-season training and friendly matches ? They certainly have not bothered to learn each others names or ways to play as a team.

I have been supporting Town since it's formation and I can say without any doubt that the performance was the worst that I have seen. Not because we lost 4 - 0, let's face it, it could have been 8 or 9, but because of the total lack of any skill, teamwork, direction, ability, attitude or leadership.

The Management team and Players have got a hell of a lot of work to do based on the opening two games.

Early days, yes, but action is required all the way through the squad.

On this showing I would expect our support at Concord this Sat to be way way down.

well said old towner as you ive supported the town from day one

how about the management /team coming on the forum and answering the questions also where are the quality players we signed doh as it is OUR club

ps come on your towners

Ignore A'nut - he ran out of useful things to type a couple of years back. (Plus, we all know he hangs round here because he's a closet Towner).

Two games in and I'm a little concerned. The board had a very important decision to make. They had an opportunity to reinvigorate the club by appointing a new manager team. Early days you may say, but it already looks like they may have gone for the easy option and got things wrong. I haven't been to a game for about a year, but from what I've heard and read I'm certainly not going to be rushing back through the turnstiles just yet.

It was crucial that Town got off to a good start in the league so that people would sit up and take notice. Fans aren't a patient lot, so I hope the board have a 'Plan B'.

Originally Posted By: Gonzo
Ignore A'nut - he ran out of useful things to type a couple of years back. (Plus, we all know he hangs round here because he's a closet Towner).

Two games in and I'm a little concerned. The board had a very important decision to make. They had an opportunity to reinvigorate the club by appointing a new manager team. Early days you may say, but it already looks like they may have gone for the easy option and got things wrong. I haven't been to a game for about a year, but from what I've heard and read I'm certainly not going to be rushing back through the turnstiles just yet.

It was crucial that Town got off to a good start in the league so that people would sit up and take notice. Fans aren't a patient lot, so I hope the board have a 'Plan B'.

(don't ) Panic Mr Mannering !!

We don't need or are looking for excuses.

A 4-0 loss shows vast shortfalls in our performance against Northwood. Lets back the management team to identify these shortfalls and take the actions needed to not only see an improved performance on Saturday but to come away with 3pts as well.

I think it's fair to judge the management team after 15 games, if then we have not improved or worse still look to be at the wrong end of the table, it will require a boards intervention to rectify what errors they have implemented.

But i'm still behind the managers/coaches to turn it around and it needs the fans to believe it too, a united front will give us the right encouragement.

We don't need or are looking for excuses.

A 4-0 loss shows vast shortfalls in our performance against Northwood. Lets back the management team to identify these shortfalls and take the actions needed to not only see an improved performance on Saturday but to come away with 3pts as well.

I think it's fair to judge the management team after 15 games, if then we have not improved or worse still look to be at the wrong end of the table, it will require a boards intervention to rectify what errors they have implemented.

But i'm still behind the managers/coaches to turn it around and it needs the fans to believe it too, a united front will give us the right encouragement. [/quote )

So, you are happy to let 45 points go are you ?

10 more games like Tuesday and we would be out of the FA Cup and FA Trophy and have a couple of league points.

The Management Team have got their work cut out over the next 5 games in my book.

- Concord Away

- Leyton Home

- Hillingdon Away - FAC

- Tilbury Away

- Chesnut Home

I mentioned in a previous thread that the silver wear we won was a minor achievement and a first real workout however very welcome. But in reality that game was only a draw after 90 mins.

To answer OT, yes I would be prepared to give the management team 15 games because anything less will be unreasonable. We all have high expectations and i'm sure the board and managers/coach are no different, but we have to be united and encourage those who are not quite to form to do better and those who are doing well to continue to do so.

One thing we don't need is slagging off from the touchline or behind the goals, that certainly wont help our cause.

If things deteorate and training and team spirit is poor then managers/coaches must be intelligent enough to realise it and be honourable in their decision making or the board have to have big balls and make the decisions for them.

Like the supporters, the players, managerment and coaching staff know that tuesdays performance was very poor, humilliating and embarressing.

They know the only way to rectify this is to go out and put in a very strong, solid display and come away with a very well earned 3 points at concord.

They only problem is, after tuesdays display and being bank holiday weekend, will there be many supporters there to watch??

Originally Posted By: Stone Cold
Like the supporters, the players, managerment and coaching staff know that tuesdays performance was very poor, humilliating and embarressing.

They know the only way to rectify this is to go out and put in a very strong, solid display and come away with a very well earned 3 points at concord.

They only problem is, after tuesdays display and being bank holiday weekend, will there be many supporters there to watch??

If the fans are genuine they will support, cos if they are throwing in the towel after 2 games then they are being inept off the field. I agree with Stonecold that things will be rectified if the players have the pride and ability to rectify them, otherwise it'll be all change again.

But it's only 2 games to date, get behind the boys.