Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Monday 25th

OldTowner

I feel this is going to be a very long write up by me, but the kids are settled playing Monopoly and I've got the PC to myself, so here goes.

I did'nt feel I was gonna make the game today but was glad I did so that I could witness and make actual comments by facts on this forum. As fans/supporters/members we firstly need to be constructive in any praises or criticisms that we make.

Off the field I saw members of our elected board very down on this dismal run of form and as the Website says there is nothing more soul destroying than all the voluntary work that goes into the club not being rewarded by some form of entertainment on the field of play. I take my hat off to the steward and fellow supporter who got rid of the idiot behind the goal who solely resorted to slagging off our club/players/team in what was not an enjoyable part of the match for any ETFC member/fan. We can do without morons who want to stick a boot in when the chips are down. In the last 20 mins we put together 3-4 good moves cross's and created some half chances, this was greeted by some good encouraging cheers and applause by the watching members, this is the only way forward if we are gonna try to turn around this wretched start.

On the field-I have never seen such a miss match of assorted players. we had no confidence or self belief as a team. I felt players were being played out of position i.e Ricci Crace playing off the striker? David Allen right back? Mitch Hahn wide left and right? Campbell Centre Half? And quite what Rio Alderton's role was is I do not know.We were poor in defence and will concede more goals if we continue with the current game plans. Up front we huffed and puffed but did not really threaten. However Rudi looked good in the middle and played with discipline and desire.

I said that the management team should be judged on 15 league games, but having witnessed this afternoons game I would like to personally revise that to the next 3 games, 0-4,0-3 and 0-4 are serious signs of problems as the result today did not flatter our opponents.

But I challenge the management team that should the next 3-4 games continue to show this consistent ineptness then they ought to hold their hands up and not expect the board to show them the door, but to do so in as dignified manner as possible by resigning or in fact go back to their previous roles as reserve manager.

We as fans must be dignified as the managers and players will need our 100% support in the meantime.

Potters Bar 1 Cheshunt 2 . Just thought you'd like to know .

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
I feel this is going to be a very long write up by me, but the kids are settled playing Monopoly and I've got the PC to myself, so here goes.

I did'nt feel I was gonna make the game today but was glad I did so that I could witness and make actual comments by facts on this forum. As fans/supporters/members we firstly need to be constructive in any praises or criticisms that we make.

Off the field I saw members of our elected board very down on this dismal run of form and as the Website says there is nothing more soul destroying than all the voluntary work that goes into the club not being rewarded by some form of entertainment on the field of play. I take my hat off to the steward and fellow supporter who got rid of the idiot behind the goal who solely resorted to slagging off our club/players/team in what was not an enjoyable part of the match for any ETFC member/fan. We can do without morons who want to stick a boot in when the chips are down. In the last 20 mins we put together 3-4 good moves cross's and created some half chances, this was greeted by some good encouraging cheers and applause by the watching members, this is the only way forward if we are gonna try to turn around this wretched start.

On the field-I have never seen such a miss match of assorted players. we had no confidence or self belief as a team. I felt players were being played out of position i.e Ricci Crace playing off the striker? David Allen right back? Mitch Hahn wide left and right? Campbell Centre Half? And quite what Rio Alderton's role was is I do not know.We were poor in defence and will concede more goals if we continue with the current game plans. Up front we huffed and puffed but did not really threaten. However Rudi looked good in the middle and played with discipline and desire.

I said that the management team should be judged on 15 league games, but having witnessed this afternoons game I would like to personally revise that to the next 3 games, 0-4,0-3 and 0-4 are serious signs of problems as the result today did not flatter our opponents.

But I challenge the management team that should the next 3-4 games continue to show this consistent ineptness then they ought to hold their hands up and not expect the board to show them the door, but to do so in as dignified manner as possible by resigning or in fact go back to their previous roles as reserve manager.

We as fans must be dignified as the managers and players will need our 100% support in the meantime.

The results for Chestnuts, Wabby and 1923 are all very good, so well done to all 3 clubs.

However, the majority of "fans" on this forum are Town Supporters and the points made by Enfield United are, in my opinion, very good and true.

I have stated many times on the forum that we need a good centre forward, however following the last 3 games and 3 defeats 0 - 11 etc, I would recind those comments.
We need a defence BIG TIME.

The sad thing for me today was the total lack of "commitment" by the players once we were one down.

For me the player of the match was Des Thomas (4) in the Leyton Defence - he did not miss a tackle or a header - and he signed for us some weeks ago !! What the hell was all that about ?

The confidence of the Team MUST be built from the back.

Paul Campbell has been great over the years, but he is NOT a centre half. So why is he played there ?
Dave Allen is many years past his best and not a right back.
Tickner just fouls and gives the ball away.
Reece would struggle to get back into the Brimo team.

So much for the defence.

Alderton has provided no protection what-so-ever to the back four and for a player who cannot tackle or head a ball it is crazy for the Management to play him in the defence for the last 30 minutes.

Rudi tried his best.
Hahn did okay in short spells.
Deane did well going forward but "hides" when things go wrong and played deep in front of Reece.

Rici Crace is not a centre forward and needs someone to play off.
Hammond has the running but not the finish. Though he may in time.

As for the 3 subs used today -
Max is just so lightweight - how can he compete at this level ?
Luke is our top goalscorer with 3 and plays right or centre - so the Management play him for 20 mins out on the left !!
What is that all about ?
Drisdale has only been give brief runs for 10 minutes, but has show he can beat a defender and cross - BUT TO WHO ??

Overall 3 defeats on the bounce is poor - 3 defeats 11 - 0 is very very poor.

It certainly won't bring the crowds into Brimo and that means a lack of cash.... and that spells trouble for a team in trouble.

I read what others say about "give it time" but this needs sorting very very soon or we will find ourselves in a deep hole we cannot get out of.

These are of course, just my views as a Town supporter.

doah

After the defeat today our management team are definitely not up to the job of guiding a team in this league. The board need to go into emergency session to assess this matter.

THIS IS THE CURRENT LEAGUE TABLE

1 Wingate & Finchley 4 4 0 0 13 3 +10 12

2 Leyton 4 3 1 0 11 1 +10 10

3 Tilbury 4 3 1 0 9 2 +7 10

4 Aveley 4 3 1 0 7 1 +6 10

5 East Thurrock United 4 3 1 0 8 3 +5 10

6 Ware 4 3 0 1 9 5 +4 9

7 Cheshunt 4 3 0 1 6 4 +2 9

8 Brentwood Town 4 2 2 0 6 2 +4 8

9 Waltham Abbey 4 2 1 1 10 7 +3 7

10 Concord Rangers 4 2 1 1 7 4 +3 7

11 Northwood 4 2 1 1 6 5 +1 7

12 Redbridge 4 1 2 1 6 3 +3 5

13 Maldon Town 4 1 1 2 5 6 -1 4

14 Ilford 4 1 0 3 3 6 -3 3

15 Chatham Town 4 1 0 3 2 6 -4 3

16 Potters Bar Town 4 0 2 2 3 6 -3 2

17 Thamesmead Town 4 0 2 2 4 8 -4 2

18 Waltham Forest 4 0 1 3 3 9 -6 1

19 Great Wakering Rovers 4 0 1 3 3 10 -7 1

20 Hillingdon Borough 4 0 1 3 1 9 -8 1

[color:#FF0000]21 Enfield Town 4 0 1 3 2 13 -11 1

22 Witham Town 4 0 0 4 5 16 -11 0

We will be in the ESL next season and probably swapping places with 1893. We must be the laughing stock of the borough now. All our big boasts about going all the way. The Middlesex Charity Cup win proves nothing as the team we defeated are one place above us.[/color]

brille008 chat

Leyton for the first three goals appeared to be scoring a goal an attack until they got to three nil and then they graciously took their feet off the pedal job done. I have to say I feared 0 - 10.

Only Rudi appeared to be playing with any spirit as others have praised.

Yes last season we felt JC & PH had had a fair old attempt at getting town to Ryman Prem but at least they knew how to win 60% of their games and would have kept us in this league probably for as long as we had wanted. I do wonder if this pairing can manage to keep us in Ryman 1N let alone match our distant aspirations of Ryman Prem. ESL or South Midland Spartan Premier may be a long way off but it may be a long and painful death at this rate and I'm not sure the fan base has the stomach for the financial investment during this recession! I see a lot of hardcore fans from here attending less and less regular.

I've heard other comments about Southport. He is the only person as far I know with an Enfield Town FC tattoo so he will take towns defeat personally. He was loud and emotive but he may be expressing what others may think and we should be a broad church of thought and opinion.

I do wonder if the Chairman made the right long term management choice on our behalf? Yes Paul - I know Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
Leyton for the first three goals appeared to be scoring a goal an attack until they got to three nil and then they graciously took their feet off the pedal job done. I have to say I feared 0 - 10.

Only Rudi appeared to be playing with any spirit as others have praised.

Yes last season we felt JC & PH had had a fair old attempt at getting town to Ryman Prem but at least they knew how to win 60% of their games and would have kept us in this league probably for as long as we had wanted. I do wonder if this pairing can manage to keep us in Ryman 1N let alone match our distant aspirations of Ryman Prem. ESL or South Midland Spartan Premier may be a long way off but it may be a long and painful death at this rate and I'm not sure the fan base has the stomach for the financial investment during this recession! I see a lot of hardcore fans from here attending less and less regular.

I've heard other comments about Southport. He is the only person as far I know with an Enfield Town FC tattoo so he will take towns defeat personally. He was loud and emotive but he may be expressing what others may think and we should be a broad church of thought and opinion.

I do wonder if the Chairman made the right long term management choice on our behalf? Yes Paul - I know Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Looking at the league table actually gives me a positive vibe, although still early days. It seems that there is two sections to the league a '3wins' winning top half and the 'special needs' bunch in the bottom half with 2-3 teams on 1win.

We all have to forget about promotion for now as it does not look promising, to say the least. We need to concentrate in knocking up our first victory which could put us in mid-table and a little breathing space, unfortunately our next game is a Cup match, which we dont really need at the moment, although a win this week in 90mins may give us some self belief.

And by the way, I pay my money to watch ETFC and memberships as well and I take defeat personally too, I dont need a tattoo to get wound up though. However I will not resort to kicking guys with good intentions when they are down and expect them to work for me when the going gets good

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Must say I'm very surprised with your start to the season? You seemed to have picked things up towards the end of last year. Have you lost many players pre season?

Since the departure of Jim Chandler + Phil Hammett our previous management team we also lost our captain Bryan Hammett and Greg Heald left too. Key departures from last season has seen squad regulars like Andy Jones, Steve Velandia, Lee Smith, Matt Negus, Kevin Stephens leave.

It's as big a surprise to us fans as it is to you, the main problem i've detected is low in confidence, lack of self belief and players not playing in their positions. We are ver poorly balanced.

Plus the management team have spoken big and are at present coming up short in convincibility.

And by the way, I pay my money to watch ETFC and memberships as well and I take defeat personally too, I dont need a tattoo to get wound up though. However I will not resort to kicking guys with good intentions when they are down and expect them to work for me when the going gets good

We all pay our money / Membership / Season Ticket etc etc.

We all have different ways of showing our frustration.

I thought the outburst during the second half was just that - an outburst of frustration.

However, I found the chanting for JC etc pathetic, from guys that called for his head a few months ago.

Supporters will over time show their true feelings with their non attendence and therefore the Club will suffer with a lack of funds.

Lack of funds = lack of good Players = poor form = no points, etc.

The "quality" of the performances in pre-season and the first few games has been poor and many supporters have asked why certain players have been selected.

Why can the Club / Management not find a centre half ?

Why can the Club / Management not find a centre forward ?

Is it all about finance / lack of finance ?

I am the first to say that "something" needs to be done in terms of the quality of Players brought into the team OR the selection / appointment of the Management Team running that team, BUT no teams are relegated during August and September !!