Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Forget the Bad press....Kentish actually look good

Although Kentish Town have been geting some bad press lately, us players have tried to do the talking on the pitch since a few unsavoury incidents. And credit where credit is due, we actually look like a decent team, i think people who have been saying kentish will just about saty up this year are totally wrong, i think a top half finish is well on teh cards-with the players we have and the ambition within the squad the sky is the limit. excited

Must say I know a few of the players and saw the second half yesterday and on that performance they are as good as any team in the league. Just a matter of consistency and doing it when things aren't going there way.

But they played great football and it was a joy to watch, far better on the eye then you'll see at most levels of the game

Actually, it was honestly a joy to watch with some very good individuals, especially the Colombian in midfield! I could have watched him play all day.

Cheers Rak, i think Harringay played really well in the first half, it wasn't untill the first goal was scored (by me smile....) that the game changed, xavi-the colombian in the middle is differant class, although we did say to him after that he may need to mix it up because there may be a few players who might be after his blood if he carries on taking the mick like that.

I think Lewis Laws played well, and not just saying that cos he is one of my mates, also ry hardy worked well. I think you need some strnegth in Depth at the back.

p.s rhodes, what did you think of the game yesterday??

Saf06 - Well done last night, you got a mention on 'our' Website. I didn't see the game as I was turned away at the 'turnstile' by 'Sugar' but I've heard from various sources that it was a great performance:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=41700&conf=&div=

Saf - As regards the bad press there has been a lot of it, not just at the FA Cup match, but prior to this on this board with abuse been posted by numerous KTC representatives. Also getting more players sent off at Broxbourne hasnt helped your cause up that way either. So agree with thespursfan best to stay quiet and get on with the job.

How long will Xavi stay at KTFC if he is that good he will be off soon to play at a Ryman club. I was one of the people who said mid table and below earlier in the year, i will stick by that statement. To finish mid table would be a success in your first season, and I have said that as possibly having a small squad and the amount of games that need to be played will affect KTFC later on in the season.

Rhodes didnt make it into the ground last night as he was thrown out by the chairman of Haringey Borough FC, bit of a poor show really considering he had paid his gate money. It wasnt as if he was going to be shouting abuse at anyone. Not really good for public relations at HBFC.

Originally Posted By: bosman08

Rhodes didnt make it into the ground last night as he was thrown out by the chairman of Haringey Borough FC, bit of a poor show really considering he had paid his gate money. It wasnt as if he was going to be shouting abuse at anyone. Not really good for public relations at HBFC.

Hope he got his money back!

Originally Posted By: bosman08
Rhodes didnt make it into the ground last night as he was thrown out by the chairman of Haringey Borough FC, bit of a poor show really considering he had paid his gate money. It wasnt as if he was going to be shouting abuse at anyone. Not really good for public relations at HBFC

At least it brought Horace out of the woodwork so from that perspective it was well worth it. Yes I think 'poor show' sums it up nicely and says it all about 'Sugar' and the man he is, he saw that I had my six year old son with me who had been looking forward to the game and he burst into tears when I told him we were going home. Anyway congratulations to Kentish Town for the excellent result, can you imagine what they would be like with Lee Scott.

Have to disagree, Kentish Town were awful in their defeat at Kingsbury, barely managed a shot on target all game and looked relegateion certs on that performance.

Of course you cant go by one performance and they have indeed got some useful results, scoring 10 in their last two games both away from home.

Either the Tigers are 'that good' and made Kentish Town look poor or Kentish Town had an off day, we shall say during the course of the season.

saffy tell the boys to keep it up we always knew we wasnt gonna be a relegation team and just keep proving everyone wrong and thats what makes it so much better,i was gonna come along lastnight but i thought it was to soon since everything happened,

i played for KTFC for 6-7years and i wasnt just a player this year i was supposed to manage the reserves but now if i cant play then i hope im allowed to support them whenever they play as i love the club and gave them my all whenever i played i played with my heart on my sleeve every game.

What I can't work out is how Kentish Town have managed to score ten goals in their last two away games but couldn't hit the net at Wellingborough Town when they had the lions share of the play throughout.

i thought KTFC was nothing without Lee Scott see Rhodes they,ve proved you wrong again and they will continue to prove people wrong and with Lee Scott back in their side in september skys the limit but you was wrong to say that KTFC will struggle to score without Lee Scott.

Dont you think he is better off going to another club Tommy to see what it is like and get further experience? It can be too easy for players sometimes to stay at 1 club or keep returning to that club after a break from the game.

Once you get back into it, at another club im sure you will learn more too about the game, people, other clubs etc etc.

I heard that Lee Scott was in the 'nick' for a good while and if he comes out he wont be going back to Kentish Town, but my source could be wrong.

Jurys out KTFC, as I said they were worse then poor at Kingsbury, prehaps Broxbourne and Haringey are even worse!!!!

no one gives KTFC credit that they deserve but i think thats why

KTFC are doing well is they have nothing to prove to people as people have already wrote them off and when they are doing well

people cannot just say actually KTFC are a really good team.

i dont know why people hate KTFC or dont wish them to do well people should love KTFC on here as we do give them something to talk about dont we.

I had never seen Kentish Town play before I saw them recently at Kingsbury. Had Kentish Town put on a good display I would have been the first to say so, but they were shocking. As I said you can form an opinion on one peformance and had I see their last two matches I would no doubt be saying they were excellent.

Good luck to them but I think the Tigers will finnish higher this season.