Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Godalming Town V's ETFC

It's a bit of a trek but I expect the ETFC team to return with a win and 2k in the bank.

A win is vital and very manageable against 'weaker' opponents, so the winning habit should and must continue. We can not afford another horror story such as the missed opportunity away to Hillingdon in the FA Cup, we need the money to come in too.

Admire your confidence.Not sure how or why you think Godalming are 'weaker' opposition.They are currently eighth in the Ryman League Division One South,which is very similiar standard to our Division One North.Make no mistake this will be a tough old match.We now have the players and quality to win,but will need to show the guts and determination displayed in the Ware match if we are to pocket the prize money and progress to the next round.Fingers crossed. Good luck lads!!

Just checked Godalming's website; their assistant manager is Steve Darlington, who was one of Enfield's better strikers in the 90s. One Richard Thompson is in their playing squad, who I assume to be the same one that played a couple of friendlies for Enfield just before we left Southbury Road.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
It's a bit of a trek but I expect the ETFC team to return with a win and 2k in the bank.

A win is vital and very manageable against 'weaker' opponents, so the winning habit should and must continue. We can not afford another horror story such as the missed opportunity away to Hillingdon in the FA Cup, we need the money to come in too.

North and South Ryman - equal or thereabouts.

Look at the South League and Godalming's position v ETFC in North.
I do not see how you can call them "weaker".
I have a feeling it will be a very tough match.

Looking at their away record ( and our Home ) I would not fancy a replay.

I will go for close game and a 2 - 1 ETFC WIN.

I've got a little bit of info on Godalming from a friend in West Wickham. He does not rate them, however, your research is good and your quite right to point out that they are 8th in the South division compared to our mid-table position.

I forecast that we'll need a competent performance (established and senior players only please that means NO RA please.) and we should come back with a 2-1/3-1 win.

Sorry I cant make it but good luck boys.

Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
I dont suppose you'd be willing to share the prize money with brimo would you ? 50-50 Remember !

You've lost the plot sunshine.

One possibility though is a merger with Brimmo, using both the QE and Brimmo site to full and good use, thus being the unrivalled centre point of football in our community and building up a bigger and larger membership base, bringing all the footy folks in Enfield together etc etc