Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

todays results

Originally Posted By: beesure

Cliff probably had the best interests of the club at heart but was a little gullible in who he bought on board...if 5k was so easy to get we would all be at it, but this 5k the 'lady' got was worthless to the club and she was really just trying to feather her own nest with the commission it seems.....yet she didnt go for the 12k grant. Strange!

I find this an extraordinary post which leads me to believe that you are connected to the Club in some way and are deflecting blame, otherwise how can you possibly come to the ridiculous conclusion that the 5k was worthless. Also you haven't got a clue who Veronica is so how can you say she was trying to feather her own nest, she couldn't apply for the whole 12k which was the total project budget, the funding available was only for 5k and it was up to the Club to find the remaining 7k themselves from other sources which Veronica was in the process of exploring, obviously when the Club reneged on her contract she downed tools and ran a mile threatening legal action.

NeutralFan - Is Veronica your other halfs name then

My first girlfriend, when we were 14 was Veronica, but everyone called her Ronnie! Too fast for me!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Cliff probably had the best interests of the club at heart but was a little gullible in who he bought on board...if 5k was so easy to get we would all be at it, but this 5k the 'lady' got was worthless to the club and she was really just trying to feather her own nest with the commission it seems.....yet she didnt go for the 12k grant. Strange!

I find this an extraordinary post which leads me to believe that you are connected to the Club in some way and are deflecting blame, otherwise how can you possibly come to the ridiculous conclusion that the 5k was worthless. Also you haven't got a clue who Veronica is so how can you say she was trying to feather her own nest, she couldn't apply for the whole 12k which was the total project budget, the funding available was only for 5k and it was up to the Club to find the remaining 7k themselves from other sources which Veronica was in the process of exploring, obviously when the Club reneged on her contract she downed tools and ran a mile threatening legal action.

so..........V GOT 5K AT 15% commission
the club had to get their own 7k
but in the meantime V was looking at getting 7k for the club...commission free?
as she could only get 5k why was she bothering to get involved in the other 7k?
this reminds me of the Haringey funding you got for the u18...only you told the benefactors it was for the the u9s......and you had to pay it back if i remember rightly
Cliff,you are a chumpion fund raiser excited

and yes.......i do know my onions re fund raising

Cliff,you are a chumpion fund raiser excited

Beesure - But I'm not a fundraiser, that's the point I'm trying to make and the reason why I brought Veronica onboard at Kentish Town. You clearly don't know what you're talking about as Veronica wasn't aiming to get the 7k shortfall commission free, she would have charged her normal 15% but like I said when the Club reneged on the deal she rightly ran a mile and is still spitting feathers over it. As for the Haringey Borough funding you mention, again you don't know what you're talking about as they didn't even have an Under 9's team, the money was a donation from the Borough Police Commander's fund.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke

He works the turnstile before the game...? duck

Greg Dyke - No that's Nellie's responsibility and she does a great job, if I had to stump up my

Truth Teller - All I said was that Clement would have been considered for the job along with numerous other candidates if the Nigerian consortium had taken over the reins from Mike Ashley at St James Park that's all, anyway that's all by and by now. At least it looks good on his CV which is as long as your arm.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Truth Teller - All I said was that Clement would have been considered for the job along with numerous other candidates if the Nigerian consortium had taken over the reins from Mike Ashley at St James Park that's all, anyway that's all by and by now. At least it looks good on his CV which is as long as your arm.

This is one of the more abstract things you have ever said on here rhodes and the last sentence is a contender for quote of the century. Let me see if I have this right, you are saying that a consortium which may or may not have taken over Newcastle United, may or may not have considered Clement Temile as a potential candidate for manager of the club among many other people. And based on that you are suggesting that Mr Temile adds this to his CV. Using that logical arguement, I have a friend who is a Man United season ticket holder and because he is and because playing as Manure on Championship Manger 97/98 I won numerous trophies I can put on my CV I was in the running to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson.

Originally Posted By: Lato

And based on that you are suggesting that Mr Temile adds this to his CV

Lato - As you know I always try to think outside the box and have no problem at all including that entry on Clement's CV along with his interviews for the then vacant Nigeria National Coach job following Bertie Vogts departure. It is irrelevant that the Nigerian consortium didn't take over on Tyneside from Mike Ashley, the fact is that Clement would have been considered for the Newcastle job had they done so.

Obviously also irrelevant that he never actually had an interview for the Nigeria job either.

My rather average looking CV is being retyped tomorrow, once watched a game at Lords as well as the Oval and SCG, so will now have to add those to my CV as pitches I have tended.

if you had max clifford rhodes as your publicists you might both be a tad better off, PB and lato.

Clement no doubt had interviews for the Nigerian national job.

Might have been with the Nigerian FA or the Camden Times.

Or the KTFC programme editor.

My three claims are also "facts".

I played in an f.a. cup tie at Brighton's Goldstone Ground and shared the away changing room with Denis Law and Bobbie Charlton. Now thats something I can put on my cv and discuss with any potential employer.

Thinking outside the box as rhodes says. To be admired, not ridiculed.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan

I played in an f.a. cup tie at Brighton's Goldstone Ground and shared the away changing room with Denis Law and Bobbie Charlton

That's interesting, what season was it, also I don't recall Dennis Law and Bobby Charlton ever playing at Brighton but I guess they must have done at some point in their long and distinguished careers.