Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MFC vs Ashford Town (mx) LIVE COMMENTARY ........

Wellsie

Lads were great yesterday 110% effort all round IMO. We still had some scary moments but overall deserved our win. Grat to see Kenny score and I believe win himself 2 free meals at Terry's expense. Joe Healy once again held ball up well, Ryan Peters looked to be enjoying himself once again, Liam and Dan in defence looked solid as did Kieran. Dan Stubbs workrate was fantastic. A special word for Pat who had a good game, looked solid especially after his recent errors, well done Pat.

I prefer the conference system of squad numbers.

So was morris on the left of a back three on saturday.

Is TY lining him up to play 'proper' centre back alongside Young next week ?

or will it be

Ohakam or Robinson or Wheatley who plays alongside Young ?

In fact-will Young be fit ?

Good to read that we had 'battling' proper midfield player types in there-

Corbs,wilson,stubbs, gregory.

That for me-works so much better than these lightweight 'flying' wide midfield/winger types who flatter to deceive, rarely get into the game, and then waltz down the by line before falling over or putting the ball out for a wasted goal kick.

keep it tight in midfield is what i advocate.

Bit surprised that ohakam not in there from the start just the same ,as he adds 'bite'

Apologies are in order for Gregs. Clever system used by TY and it worked, and although that was an area where we were caught out a bit, not Gregs' fault. Didn't realise Corbs and Gregs were playing in a four man midfield. Appreciate that he's also one of our most committed players.

And MM, I'm not a fan of Ohakam. Never seems to get close enough to the player to add any bite. Gives away too many fouls, and misplaces passes far too regularly. Not a good communicator when I'm paying specific attention to his play and he doesn't get up enough for headers. Maybe it would be better to bring through Olti from the reserves to sit on the bench in his place.

Originally Posted By: Porka
Apologies are in order for Gregs. Clever system used by TY and it worked, and although that was an area where we were caught out a bit, not Gregs' fault. Didn't realise Corbs and Gregs were playing in a four man midfield. Appreciate that he's also one of our most committed players.

And MM, I'm not a fan of Ohakam. Never seems to get close enough to the player to add any bite. Gives away too many fouls, and misplaces passes far too regularly. Not a good communicator when I'm paying specific attention to his play and he doesn't get up enough for headers. Maybe it would be better to bring through Olti from the reserves to sit on the bench in his place.

Strange how we all see different things. I think Oakham is a classy player, and I really enjoy watching him, in the words of the great Darren Watson, "'e 'as tecnique"

Originally Posted By: MargateFan

Strange how we all see different things. I think Oakham is a classy player, and I really enjoy watching him, in the words of the great Darren Watson, "'e 'as tecnique"

It's all about opinions June, but the words technique and Ohakam don't go for me!

I've n ever seen him play so can't comment, but a few reserve posts mention well of Treadwell.

Could he progress to our holding midfield player ?

Think he has made the subs bench a couple of times.

Credit to TY for getting a 3-4-1-2 system that seemed to work-at least for one game.

TY does seem to like his different systems.

I wonder whether he likes to play a certain system regardless-or plays a certain system dependent upon who the opposition are ?