Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MFC vs Ashford Town (mx) LIVE COMMENTARY ........

Wellsie

Good all round gutsy performance. Peters was more of the old Peters today & really did make a difference with his attitude on the day.Lots of good performances but three in particular stood out for me. Peters for putting "bite" back into the attack (& into his game again),Healy for his all round non stop running & involvement & Stubbs for showing how to attack the ball & in doing so creating an opening goal.

Ashford,as usual starting strongly. They could have been a couple up early on but we scored the important first goal & held firm after that. Lots of effort went into everyone's game today.

Ashford had no answers second half except for that long punt downfield over the top of the defence which gives us problems on occasions. However,today,we managed to cope,for the most,with that tactic but its something that needs working on for future games.

Have you heard the Ashford manager's interview on their website? Not sure I recognise the game from what he said appart from thy didn't deserve to win.

Well, I'm sticking with the former for now anyway, which isn't a real answer to your question I know but it's all I have whistle

Blimey praise for the boys, couldnt make it today (first time in many years) but seems by wellsie s report we pretty much had it in the bag. The reports seem to indicate that a belief has started to boil in the lads play - maybe if we praise them (god knows they need, and deserve it on occasions) theyll turn this season/year around. Always believe in the team we have and expect there to be UPS and DOWNS fellas cos this is the mighty game of football smile CMON U BLUES

Everybody gave it there all this afternoon. Greg did get caught out a couple of times, but he did put himself about in the goalmouth scramble in the second half, stopping what looked a certain goal on one occasion. So all in all a terrific performance by all. Glad I was there to see it. WELL DONE LADS.

Impossible to pick a MOM from 11 heroes.They showed real effort and fighting spirit today.Perhaps we should also give credit to Terry and Nev for changing the team around a bit,playing 3-4-1-2 and getting the best out of Ryan who apparently prefers not to play up front.I think he should stay there.

I also think that T and N should look closely at the number of free kicks that we give away.Whenever we win a free kick,corner or a long throw into the box we jump up put our arms on the guy in front and give away a foul.90% of the time we do this and give the advantage straight back to the other team.We also do this regularly when defending free kicks and give away a lot of fouls in our final third.This is such a dangerous policy and needs sorting out before we concede more goals as a result.

Well done to Kenny for coming back with a couple of priceless goals and to all the lads and subs for a great result

Originally Posted By: Ian_Sanderson
Staines 1 Ramsgate 0. Just to prove we dont all sulk like Tony T

For your information wa4nker, I was at Old Trafford today so stick it up your ar$e!