Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Knights and Dames

Jenko

It seems nowadays that its the Government who dictate who gets knighted and their cronyism means its mainly their friends that this happens to or they get put in the House of Lords.

Anyway my reason for posting is this. I caught a bit of Dancing on Ice or whatever it's called and there was a documentary on Torvill and Dean. How on earth have these two not been knighted? I know Ice Skating is gay, Kasier you may want to take it up, but that is besides the point!

They are without doubt two of the greatest sports people of all time , definately in the top 10 of greatest British sports people. Rarely do you see a sports person/people/team dominate a sport like they did. Not only that they moved the sport forward and have done so much for their sport to put it on the map. Even now they are still putting their time and effort back into the sport.

When I think of the Sports people who have been knighted it beggers belief that these two greats have never, in my opinion, been truly rewarded or recognised for what they done and what they continue to do. In a country that rewards mediocrity and failure its even more surprising!

Originally Posted By: Jenko
It seems nowadays that its the Government who dictate who gets knighted and their cronyism means its mainly their friends that this happens to or they get put in the House of Lords.

Anyway my reason for posting is this. I caught a bit of Dancing on Ice or whatever it's called and there was a documentary on Torvill and Dean. How on earth have these two not been knighted? I know Ice Skating is gay, Kasier you may want to take it up, but that is besides the point!

They are without doubt two of the greatest sports people of all time , definately in the top 10 of greatest British sports people. Rarely do you see a sports person/people/team dominate a sport like they did. Not only that they moved the sport forward and have done so much for their sport to put it on the map. Even now they are still putting their time and effort back into the sport.

When I think of the Sports people who have been knighted it beggers belief that these two greats have never, in my opinion, been truly rewarded or recognised for what they done and what they continue to do. In a country that rewards mediocrity and failure its even more surprising!

Do you think they ever sh&gged each other????