Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player Sponsors - Extra Income..?

Fanet Blu

Sounds as though it is like clearing old stock doesn't it.

No harm in that of course - at the moment of typing this I am wearing an old Conference shirt that I bought for a fiver (I think it was) in the club shop about three seasons ago. In fact I bought three - one is now the property of my wife's hairdresser ( a male) and the other is at my old office in London, owned by my successor. Well at least it was when I left and as he is an Ipswich supporter there is a good chance he still has it!

Perhaps people are not too sure of sonsorship due to the frequent movements of players? I think that supporteres do like to know that the player they sponsor is going to be around at the end of the season to present it. That isn't a complaint, just a statement as oobviously the playing situation currently is under constant review for a number of reasons.

Thinking about it, perhaps the whole sponsorship deal should be re-thought. Rather than sponsoring a player, sponsor a numbered shirt (don't know about the League regulations, but how about if there were a badge under the number saying <FOR EXAMPLE>" no 9 sponsored by M.I.S.A.") & that upon taking up sponsorship you have a photo taken with the wearer of that number(or the Manager). Then throughout the season, week by week the photos could be displayed on a page in the programme. The shirt could then be 'retired' at the end of season presentations.

At a reasonable price - say

Scrap that. This line from the FA regs suggest that could not be done.

The same advertising must appear in the same form on the clothing of all players and club officials wherever such advertising appears, throughout the entirety of the match.

Never mind, it was just a thought out loud - but I do strongly believe that, in order to maximise income and support, the Club should look for ideas to make individual sponsorships more attractive & then market them without the apparent apathy the currently show.

All these are great ideas and show how the fans want to help the financial side of our club unfortunately as I have stated before the "management" seem to have a different agenda, not only do they not maximise opportunities they are not even close to minimising them.

Maybe I will try and get a list of Vicki of those shirts still available and put them on here, then if anyone is interested in sponsoring a player they can contact her at the club.