Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Capital League Action- At Last

Sponsor of Beer

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
I think EU's done such a good job of talking up the youngsters, I don't have to say anything more about tomorrow's game!

I might be opening up can of worms by saying I dont think enough attention is given whatsoever to the youth section or indeed the youth in the borough by our 'community club'. I can live more with defeats against Northwood and Waltham Forest if we also showed love towards attracting the best local youngsters to our club.

We've had our transition in management and now need to bring together a structure for next season tha will gain us promotion and attract the best local lads to seek opportunities at our club and be pro active in the community.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
I think EU's done such a good job of talking up the youngsters, I don't have to say anything more about tomorrow's game!

I might be opening up can of worms by saying I dont think enough attention is given whatsoever to the youth section or indeed the youth in the borough by our 'community club'. I can live more with defeats against Northwood and Waltham Forest if we also showed love towards attracting the best local youngsters to our club.

We've had our transition in management and now need to bring together a structure for next season tha will gain us promotion and attract the best local lads to seek opportunities at our club and be pro active in the community.

It's not just the youth that are ignored except when money is wanted and although there was two section of the 'community' club playing at Brimsdown on Sunday afternoon there was no representative from the club at either.

Although the Ladies section now have two middlesex cup finals against Barnet (senior and junior) being played on the same day at one venue I doubt that anyone will take an interest and put in an appearence.

Mostly at the moment I cant be bothered with the main team while they seem happy to let that just drift on so you cant really expect anymore.

I guess around 25-30 paying guests; the number always doubles once the gates are open though, and by the end was a tidy crowd- on a par with BRFC first team gates, I guess.

Those present witnessed possibly Town's best ever Capital League performance, with Harry Ricketts the oldest in the home side line up. AFC Hornchurch fielded (among others) Jason Willis, Jim McFarlane, Dean Green, Donny Barnard, Dave Sadler & Joe Sweeney. But none of the home side were phased, even at a slighly unlucky 2-0 down towards the end of the first half.

Tyler Christian-Law and Sam Deaney stood out from the U-16's, playing under lights for probably the first time. But more importantly, it was a superb all round team performance.

For some reason, the away side seemed to be detained in their dressing room after the game!

I guess around 25-30 paying guests; the number always doubles once the gates are open though, and by the end was a tidy crowd- on a par with BRFC first team gates, I guess.

Those present witnessed possibly Town's best ever Capital League performance, with Harry Ricketts the oldest in the home side line up. AFC Hornchurch fielded (among others) Jason Willis, Jim McFarlane, Dean Green, Donny Barnard, Dave Sadler & Joe Sweeney. But none of the home side were phased, even at a slighly unlucky 2-0 down towards the end of the first half.

Tyler Christian-Law and Sam Deaney stood out from the U-16's, playing under lights for probably the first time. But more importantly, it was a superb all round team performance.

For some reason, the away side seemed to be detained in their dressing room after the game!

You can add Vaughan, Troy to the 4 U16ers that were involved on Tuesday. I'll try and get Marcillini back on the scene as he is top drawer stuff, could even be a first teamer NOW if their was enough interest from the senior section in getting him on board. We've also got another lad who stopped playing cos his parents moved to Stratford.