Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Absolute Disgrace, I want an explanation please...

Silencer

....either from a Stansted official, the league Chairman, a league board member or preferably all please. help

I understand that the League & league Chairman was unaware of this until a few hours ago!!!!!!

Tomorrow night's Essex Senior League match between Stansted and Southend Manor has been called off at 7pm this evening as.....wait for it = The pitch is double booked.

argue

Come on now, I am sure that this would have been noticed sooner.

What is the truth here? Do Stansted have a few injuries or something?

What an utter disgrace and joke and infact makes an absolute mockery of our league. blush

The reserve match goes ahead with the apologies of the Stansted Chairman. Well that is boll0x, some of us (Self included) have had to book a half days annual leave to ensure that I could get to Stansted on time tomorrow. I know of two other members of the team who had difficulties leaving work early as I am sure the rest of the team did. In a time when people are worried about their job's, its not the best practice to keep asking to leave early!! mad

Sureley the First team match takes priority?? As it Stansted's mistake and as everyone is free to play a match, why cant Stansted play their 'Home' fixture tomorrow night at Southchurch Park which is free! feedback

Mr Chairman??

Originally Posted By: Silencer
....either from a Stansted official, the league Chairman, a league board member or preferably all please. help

I understand that the League & league Chairman was unaware of this until a few hours ago!!!!!!

Tomorrow night's Essex Senior League match between Stansted and Southend Manor has been called off at 7pm this evening as.....wait for it = The pitch is double booked.
argue

Come on now, I am sure that this would have been noticed sooner.

What is the truth here? Do Stansted have a few injuries or something?

What an utter disgrace and joke and infact makes an absolute mockery of our league. blush

The reserve match goes ahead with the apologies of the Stansted Chairman. Well that is boll0x, some of us (Self included) have had to book a half days annual leave to ensure that I could get to Stansted on time tomorrow. I know of two other members of the team who had difficulties leaving work early as I am sure the rest of the team did. In a time when people are worried about their job's, its not the best practice to keep asking to leave early!! mad

Sureley the First team match takes priority?? As it Stansted's mistake and as everyone is free to play a match, why cant Stansted play their 'Home' fixture tomorrow night at Southchurch Park which is free! feedback

Mr Chairman??

In fairness to RE he wont debate such issues on here however privately he should deal with it.

We have had a few nonsense situations this season which are making the league look very amatuer. I think of a)No lines at Eton Manor b)Aspa calling a game off against Hullbridge for no real reason and now this.

If clubs want to be in senior football they must act accordingly.

just read this after spending 4 hours on fixture business,you could ask what can take 4 hours? i wont bore you with the details.

i can perfectly understand your frustration jason and if a mistake was made it would not be the Leagues fault,if the fault lies with a club secretary then i would ask you to show him some understanding as he probably does a full time job and then has to find time every night to sort out fixtures in a season which has been wracked with postponements.

to sort out fixtures you have to take into account so many factors like groundshares,reserve matches et cetera,its not brain surgery but it can be a nightmare particularly if the fixture secretary is also general secretary.

it seems to be the leagues policy not to come on here and explain certain situations which is understandable but sometimes i feel they should otherwise people do assume that they are at fault,as i say i can understand your frustration but we are a step 5 league and most of the people involved have full time jobs to do and we all make mistakes.

Of course Mate, and I personally appreciate everything that volunteers do around the non league circuit. Without volunteers, we would'nt have such standards.

I am not digging at the chairman as I know that he devotes so much to the league and is always fighting to strengthen the ESL but to me, I smell a rat from within the Stansted camp!

Albeit for a Sunday league side, but I am the club secretary so I have first hand knowledge and experience of what a handful fixtures can be. Therefore I can appreciate the difficulties of having a job and the voluntary football side of things.

Yes, we are all human and yes most of us would have full time jobs in addition to the roles BUT My real problem is how does a first team fixture get cancelled in favour of the reserve match going ahead! That would not happen at any level. On a sunday, if we (AFC Southchurch) are at home the same day as the Premier division side, my boys have to play on the smaller pitch! Its the food chain and prioritised order.

Now in my opinion as Hooks says....something stinks. Plain and simple, if it were Southend Manor or any other club that I have been involved with then the First team match would be going ahead.

Now, I have to try and cancel my half days annual leave or risk losing and wasting it thanks to the cancellation. Not really fair as annual leave is very precious!!

Dave Tubbs (slightly injured) was 30 minutes away from selling his Arsenal v Roma ticket for tomorrow night to come and support the lads/club.....how harsh would that have been???

I'm with you JJ after the run ins I had with Stansted when I was at Eton Manor. I remember a situation when the Stansted Chairmen wrote in the local press and programme that Eton Manor had a disciplinary problem and should have been chucked out the league years ago. This after a game was abandoned by a ref who said one of our players threatened him when the said player was already off the pitch.

I've just read this and I must agree this is a pile of bollox!

This thread should not exist as this situation should not exist. It makes the league look the sad and laughable spectacle it is becoming! A reserve match taking precedence over a 1st team match... WHAT A PILE OF SH!T!!

Mr League Chairman I've heard you talk with so much pride about our league please don't let situations like this cheapen it. Southend Manor should have the 3 points. This situation really sickens me!

Originally Posted By: Silencer

Mr Chairman??

Interesting why this could'nt be arranged....I see that Eton Manor v Bowers was actually played at Bowers last might!!!

I think they really could have played, but the ref simply didn't want you bending his ear and trying to referee the game yourself for 90 minutes, so they made up this story about a double-booking.

Eminently possible happybouncer happybouncer