Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Raynes Park Vale v Molesey

manager50

I have been asked to post this in response to a previous post by David Morgan (aka Elf Mole). David is actually one of our match reporters and attends virtually every game but his views are not shared by those at Molesey Football Club as far as the comments made about Raynes Park Vale are concerned. David is not an official club member, so his comments are personal and, in our opinion, totally unfair and derogatory. As a player, I was always involved in the Isthmian League and have managed at clubs such as Staines Town, Walton & Hersham, Egham and, of late, Molesey. I have also managed at Sheerwater and Virginia Water in the old Surrey Premier League and fully appreciate all the efforts made at clubs around the various leagues. Our club would never criticise another for their facilities as we know the tireless work that goes on behind the scenes and are conscious that this sort of effort often goes un-noticed. The people at RPV could not have done more to make us welcome on the day and their team fully deserved the victory, which was based on them being the better side on the day. Mention of the slope being a hindrance ought to alert people who know enough about football to the fact that the comments were unfounded. We have not come down as big time charlies and knew full well that this league would be a strong and competitive one and, so far, nothing has changed that view. I would just mention that the "envelopes" being handed out were not exactly bulging with cash, as we pay our lads expenses to cover their travel three times a week, but we find it easier and more suitable to put this in envelopes rather than have a bundle of cash floating around. Anyway, I hope that the point has come across because we were pretty p**d off to read the comments on the website so felt we should put the record straight. Cheers everyone. Steve Webb, Molesey.

Originally Posted By: Weeble
Webby..no need mate all our opinions on here are opinions and thats what makes footballs.

And there was me thinking it was slave-labour kids in Thailand !

wink

Don't worry... Its not the first time I've p***ed off the Molesey board, I suppose thats what I get for having an opinion.

I apologised about the roof comment because I didn't realise it had only come down recently, but I still think that the slope on the pitch is to big to be allowed in the Combined Counties.

I love how Molesey are distancing themselves from me but still get me to write the match reports!

Still, I probably came across a bit strong in my opinions so I apologise for anyone offended and realise that Raynes Park Vale can do very little about the slope of the pitch.

Its ridicolous though for anyone to assumue that because I say something it represents the whole of Molesey FC. If I said I hate Eboue I wouldn't be representing Arsenal FC would I.

PS, Is Steve Webb allowed to post my true identity on her without permission?

Originally Posted By: Elf_Mole
Don't worry... Its not the first time I've p***ed off the Molesey board, I suppose thats what I get for having an opinion.

I apologised about the roof comment because I didn't realise it had only come down recently, but I still think that the slope on the pitch is to big to be allowed in the Combined Counties.

I love how Molesey are distancing themselves from me but still get me to write the match reports!

Still, I probably came across a bit strong in my opinions so I apologise for anyone offended and realise that Raynes Park Vale can do very little about the slope of the pitch.

Its ridicolous though for anyone to assumue that because I say something it represents the whole of Molesey FC. If I said I hate Eboue I wouldn't be representing Arsenal FC would I.

On which gorgeous lady, exactly, Elfie-Boy ??

chloe

bolt

Webby...wind ur neck in son..Should never have got rid of Beko..As I have said reap what u sew and as a payer at the gate the lad can say wnat he likes..As we all do on this site..For an official response it must have hit a nerve..

Chill out and concentrate on what u do.

Can't believe you have been 'named and shamed' Elfie! Very bad form. Can we now expect a rush of official club postings to apologise for previous remarks about the Meadowbank surface from all and sundry?!

Only if it comes from a complete moron, so looks like it fits here.

You have nothing to apologise for. Having an opinion is what forums are all about eg.

I think the board at Molesey are a bunch of touchy fools, who have over reacted to someone having an opinion.

Go someone where else where they have enough brains to be able to interpret your comments (and probably your match reports) in the way they were intended.

Elf Mole, my last 1st team game was away to RPV earlier this season. I tracked their centre forward pushing back towards his own end and my left leg landed awkwardly whilst simple running and tore the ligaments holding my pelvis together and have just started back after 5 months out and initially being told would never play again. It's not so much the slope from one end to the other but also accross pitch and in random parts.