Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hayes match today

Fuzzy Royal

Well, I think Hayes came with a game plan, wanted it a bit more than us and got what they deserved. Our late flurry at the end was too little too late and although we could have got an equaliser and possibly a winner the amount of chances we had then I don't think we would have deserved it. Good result for Hayes and good luck to them for the rest of the season, we, on the other hand, need to sort ourselves out and show why we are/were top of the league. I am sure Scotty can do it!!! UTR!!!

Agreed, we might have caught a point today but a Windsor win would have been a travesty. Hayes looked sharp, good passing and very fast on the break (their #10 especially): while we only started showing what we might do once we went behind. I couldn't point to anything or anyone especially wrong: Coops didn't have a great game, and the defence generally looked slower than usual, so maybe that was it.

Still time. Let's not slacken and we can still win this league.

Well we never really got going today until the dying seconds. Hopefully this is a wake up call that every game must be treated the same. Perhaps abit of cockyness after last weeks result?

That said this is not the end of the world. We can learn a lesson from this and hopefully we wont slip up again. As long as we dont lose at truro and win our remaining games we win the title simple as. And Truro are going to drop points hopefully as soon as next saturday.

Fully paid for the Fun bus...it's going to be massive now

To be fair yesterday was probably the first time we have played badly since early September, so there is no need to get too down hearted.

I was quite impressed with the way Hayes knocked the ball about, for the most part they played the ball on the deck and showed some good movement. We didn't seem to really get to grip with this all game, we didn't seem to play with the same "bite" that we have done recently.

That said I'm still not sure how the ball stayed out of the net in injury time.

Hopefully this was just a one off and normal service can be resumed next week. As disappointing as yesterday was at least things are still in our own hands.

I think that is the key, it is still in our hands and as long as we concentrate we can win the league. Plus we get Coyne back in a few games, that should help, although wouldn't want to be Scotty picking the midfield, personally i would go for Jake, Seeds, Coyne and probably Wilson. But to leave out Joe and Willow is a tough call...

There was quite a few players off their game on Saturday but I would say that Ryan and Coops stood out for me. I feel we really need to be more positive and more clinical going forward. There has been a few times this season where we could have battered teams and like the AFC Hayes game needed that crucial goal or two. Look at the table now goal difference is playing it's part.

Chenns may have had a bad game on Saturday but if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be where we are now. Other players need to sometimes step in and help in this situation.

There is still a way to go and the big Truro game to look forward to. Not all is lost. Scotty has done great so far so just keep cheering the lads on and we will still be in there.

I spoke to Coyne on Saturday and he said he was back for the Thatcham game so that is good to hear.

I think you're being unfair. Hayes ran their legs off and wanted it more. We didn't play and the two things combined to a very unwelcome result for us. We missed Willow in the middle of the park in my opinion, he gives control in the middle of the park and distributes the ball well. Experience is a valuable asset to have on the park at this stage of the season, he did the job against Cinderford very well.

But if we win the next couple of games everything is back on track and we can go and win the league, easy eh?